Excel Sline drive spokes

Skerby
Edited Date/Time 11/12/2014 9:15am
Recently broke a spoke on my nicest YZ250 wheel. They were laced up with the super annoying spline drive nipples. The nipple is still there but I need a spoke.

Does anyone know if a normal yamaha spoke will thread into this nipple?
|
Skerby
11/3/2014 9:58pm
Or honda spoke, I remember running those on this wheel when the chinese spokes I bought started breaking. I think I had like 15 on there at one time.

Stay away from chinese spokes and rims.
RKExcel
11/4/2014 7:56pm
Skerby,
Please contact us tomorrow and we'll see if we can find what you are looking for. Please speak with either Cole Anderson or Gary Kies. Our number is 760-732-3161.

Cheers
Farrah Bauer
Marketing & Advertising Manager
RK Excel America Inc
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
11/5/2014 4:28am
I think the spline drive spokes are great, takes a light weight aluminum nipple and makes it usable unlike the square config, they WILL strip.

RKExcel, are the spline nipples available separate from the spokes? I looked and could not find them.
Skerby
11/5/2014 7:16pm
Solid point Markee. Im gonna get some old spokes from a dealer, if they don't fit I'll give RK a call.

Thanks guy.

The Shop

RKExcel
11/6/2014 7:13am
Markee wrote:
I think the spline drive spokes are great, takes a light weight aluminum nipple and makes it usable unlike the square config, they WILL strip. RKExcel...
I think the spline drive spokes are great, takes a light weight aluminum nipple and makes it usable unlike the square config, they WILL strip.

RKExcel, are the spline nipples available separate from the spokes? I looked and could not find them.
Yes they are available separate. Keep in mind that our nipples are designed to be used with the Excel spokes and in most cases the nipples will not thread onto OE spokes. So if you do order the nipples separately, just make sure the spokes you're going to thread the nipples onto are the Excel Spokes.

Cheers
Farrah Bauer
RK Excel America Inc
11/6/2014 5:20pm
Markee wrote:
I think the spline drive spokes are great, takes a light weight aluminum nipple and makes it usable unlike the square config, they WILL strip. RKExcel...

Agree, spline drive nipples are awsome. Had full TCR wheels with gold excells , bulldog spokes and splinedrive aluminum nipples and everything held up perfect with no stripping after continuess tightning untill they seated in fully..
11/11/2014 1:43am
Markee wrote:

RKExcel wrote:
Yes they are available separate. Keep in mind that our nipples are designed to be used with the Excel spokes and in most cases the nipples...
Yes they are available separate. Keep in mind that our nipples are designed to be used with the Excel spokes and in most cases the nipples will not thread onto OE spokes. So if you do order the nipples separately, just make sure the spokes you're going to thread the nipples onto are the Excel Spokes.

Cheers
Farrah Bauer
RK Excel America Inc
Hey RK,

Why don/t you guys sell the RK "Chain Refresh" chain lube in the US? I used it for years in Japan as it was one of the best. I can't find it in the US. When I was in Japan this past summer, I bought 6 cans, but it was confiscated from my checked in luggage in Taiwan Sad

mike
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
11/12/2014 6:44am
Hmmm, says it's a teflon based lube. Have you tried any of the teflon lubes available in the states? Anything come close?
RKExcel
11/12/2014 7:10am
Markee wrote:

RKExcel wrote:
Yes they are available separate. Keep in mind that our nipples are designed to be used with the Excel spokes and in most cases the nipples...

Cheers
Farrah Bauer
RK Excel America Inc
Hey RK, Why don/t you guys sell the RK "Chain Refresh" chain lube in the US? I used it for years in Japan as it was...
Hey RK,

Why don/t you guys sell the RK "Chain Refresh" chain lube in the US? I used it for years in Japan as it was one of the best. I can't find it in the US. When I was in Japan this past summer, I bought 6 cans, but it was confiscated from my checked in luggage in Taiwan Sad

mike
Mike,
We considered bringing this product into the US market last year however after comparing the costs of current lubes on the market to the cost of the RK Refresh, our lube was too high to be competitive. The retail cost of the RK Refresh lube would have made it around $20. For a new entry into the chain lube market, it was deemed to be too high of a cost for consumers. We continue to revisit the lube each year, and may bring it to the US in the future.

Best regards,

Farrah Bauer
RK Excel America Inc
11/12/2014 8:17am
FGR01 wrote:
Hmmm, says it's a teflon based lube. Have you tried any of the teflon lubes available in the states? Anything come close?
ah.. so you read Japanese or katakana at least.. yes it says it contains Teflon at the top of the back of the can.

The closest I have found is the Maxima chain wax.

mike
11/12/2014 8:19am
Thanks Farrah.. it is a good product. Shame that customs took my cans away from me Smile . It was about 3000 yen per can if I recall correctly. Not cheap, but worth it.
RKExcel
11/12/2014 8:28am
Thanks Farrah.. it is a good product. Shame that customs took my cans away from me :). It was about 3000 yen per can if I...
Thanks Farrah.. it is a good product. Shame that customs took my cans away from me Smile . It was about 3000 yen per can if I recall correctly. Not cheap, but worth it.
Yeah it is an excellent product. But unfortunately the high price tag would prevent most users from trying it.
We'll keep you posted if we do eventually bring it to the US.

Cheers,

Farrah Bauer
RK Excel America Inc
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
11/12/2014 9:15am
FGR01 wrote:
ah.. so you read Japanese or katakana at least.. yes it says it contains Teflon at the top of the back of the can. The closest...
ah.. so you read Japanese or katakana at least.. yes it says it contains Teflon at the top of the back of the can.

The closest I have found is the Maxima chain wax.

mike
Hai! Yomeru yo. What about these?

Post a reply to: Excel Sline drive spokes

The Latest