Electric pressure washer and water tank in trailer anyone done it?

Pirate421
Edited Date/Time 8/29/2015 11:14am
I want to put an electric 1800 psi pressure washer in my trailer with a 50 gallon water tank. I'm not opposed to a gas powered but the electric may work better for space saving and putting in our camper when we don't have the mc trailer. I also live in an apartment so could use it to sneakily wash my truck with a 30 gallon tank in the back of my truck. Would I need a small pump to supply pressure to the pressure washer? Anybody done it? I know I've seen it at the track but never thought to see how it actually works. Thanks
|
slipdog
8/27/2015 5:45pm
Had one set up in a box van when I was a kid. The electric washers don't really do a good job of siphoning the water out of a tank like the bigger gas ones do so my dad wired up a small 12 volt rv water pump and the combo ran like a champ off our 4k generator.
mx5471
8/27/2015 5:58pm
You're gonna need 110v power for the washer, so you have a generator. I had a 60 gallon tank underneath my trailer, but the flow to the washer wasn't good, and it didn't want to work so good. I bought a cheap RV water pump, mounted it on a board and put the hose fittings on it. I had a hose from the tank to the pump, and one from the pump to the washer. I plugged the pump into a jump start box. It took about 3 minutes to hook it all up, and it worked great. Some times there isn't enough gravity to feed the washer. The pump solves that problem. I've had guys think their washer wash going bad, but I ask how it works at home, and they say good. Because the washer is getting enough feed. Sounds like a lot, but once you set it up, it's only a couple minutes to hook up, and as I said, it works great.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
8/28/2015 6:46am
For the same price as the RV pump you can go to Harbor Freight and buy a 30 gal water that has a pump already mounted on top. I think it's an agriculture focused product for mounting on a trailer and driving around spraying pesticide, think powered hudson sprayer, they are molded so you can stack them for more capacity. We used to use it out at the desert. Had it mounter on the front of the trailer so it would get warm during the day. Then curtain off the back of the trailer and the guys took showers on a plastic pallet outside and the girls got to take showers inside the motorhome. 12v. Should supply more volume than the washer requires so the pressure should be fine for uninterrupted operation. Also used bio soap so just made a puddle and helped keep the tanks from filling up in the motorhome.
TM
Pirate421
8/29/2015 6:13am
Awesome thanks for the insight. We don't have a generator yet so I was debating if I would be able to power the washer off of the camper outlet of the 115v outlet in my truck but it looks like it may not be enough.

The Shop

Paw Paw 271
8/29/2015 10:11am
Just remember that the water pump flow rating must be higher that the power washer flow rate or you will starve it for water.
Also, you can use a voltage inverter to change the 12 volt batter power to 120v to run the power washer and the water pump can run off of 12 volt. So no need for a generator, just a marine battery and an inverter will do the trick.
Harbor freight has those too in many different sizes. Just be sure it will handle the washer power draw. You can also hook you a solar panel to keep the battery charged and those too are available at Harbor Freight.

I have an inverter, battery and solar panel on my trailer to run the 110v lights, 12 volt lights, 110v air compressor, security system and hand power tools when needed.

Paw Paw
adams189
3/29/2018 8:39am
I know that is in an old forum but I am posting here in case I can help someone out. I just went round and round trying to get my pressure washer set-up for the track dialed in and I finally got it to work. Here is what I have:

55 Gallon drum. ($15 at local feed store, free from local car wash if you can find a good one)
290 GPM in line water pump. (harbor freight, $30)
12v car battery (had one laying around, $60 if you have to buy one)
Troy Bilt 2800 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas pressure Washer ($300 if new)
Various hose attachements ($25 from Lowes)

I got a 3/4 bung fitting from Lowes and drilled the hole about four inches from the bottom of the drum. After I attached the fitting I screwed in a one inch straight high flow nozzle that has a shut off valve that the hose attaches too. I have a 6 foot hose that attaches to the high flow valve coming from the tank and the other end attaches to the in-line water pump (hose was included with the water pump). The discharge side of the pump has a 10 foot hose that connects to the pressure washer.

That is it. The 1 inch high flow adapter that I set up coming off the tank really helped me get the necessary flow for pressure consistency. I hope this helps someone that is trying to set-up a pressure wash system for the track.

Cheers-
aees
3/29/2018 10:37am
This is solved with a $300 gasoline driven pressure washer, and a water tank with the outlet for water at the lowest point. When you place the pressure washer on the ground outside the truck, you will have free flow of water to the washer.

http://en.lavorwash.com/products/view/independent-1900

I have had one for 3 or if it is 4 seasons. Used about 1-2 times a week during half of the year. Better flow and pressure then in most electric ones for home use.

Post a reply to: Electric pressure washer and water tank in trailer anyone done it?

The Latest