DEVOL LOWERING LINK

jeffro503
7/18/2014 7:53pm
Hey Mick....I never had one on my 08' Honda , but had talked to a couple guys who did.....and they loved them! Of course I didn't find this out until AFTER i sold the damn thing! They are supposed to help calm that rear end down a little and get it so it doesn't skip all over the place. Supposed to balance a lot better with the front end.
Mickolobe7
7/18/2014 9:11pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Mick....I never had one on my 08' Honda , but had talked to a couple guys who did.....and they loved them! Of course I didn't...
Hey Mick....I never had one on my 08' Honda , but had talked to a couple guys who did.....and they loved them! Of course I didn't find this out until AFTER i sold the damn thing! They are supposed to help calm that rear end down a little and get it so it doesn't skip all over the place. Supposed to balance a lot better with the front end.
Thanks Jeff thats what I'm looking for! Thanks for the feedback! I love my 2008 CRF450 just need to get her dialed in. Didn't know if its worth the money. But looks like I'm am king to order one up.
jeffro503
7/20/2014 1:08am
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Mick....I never had one on my 08' Honda , but had talked to a couple guys who did.....and they loved them! Of course I didn't...
Mickolobe7 wrote:
Thanks Jeff thats what I'm looking for! Thanks for the feedback! I love my 2008 CRF450 just need to get her dialed in. Didn't know if...
Thanks Jeff thats what I'm looking for! Thanks for the feedback! I love my 2008 CRF450 just need to get her dialed in. Didn't know if its worth the money. But looks like I'm am king to order one up.
Sorry for such a late reply man....I always forget to check this forum.

Personally.....I think it's worth a shot. The couple guys I talked to said it was probably the best investment they made to that bike since owning it. I wish I would have tried one.

BTW....I'm not posting this out in the main forum yet , because there are a few riding buddies I have that I don't want them to see this just yet........but I'm picking up a second bike here on Monday night. Been wanting a second bike anyways , and a 2 stroke too. ( My KX 125 is in mothballs! ). So I'm picking this up Monday after work.....should be a hoot!

I'm a Kawi guy by nature.....but the dang 2006 RM 250's are supposed to be great bikes! Hope to race it in the support class this Sept at washougal for the 125 dream race.

Mickolobe7
7/20/2014 8:38am
That bike is sick so clean RC replica bike? Looks brand new.

Cool thanks for the info on that devol linkage. I ordered one found it for $147 new at Powersports.net

The Shop

jeffro503
7/20/2014 10:40am
Good job Mick! I think once you get that lowering link put on and then re-set the sag and so forth on the shock , play around with the forks a little......it's going to help quite a bit. Not sure why.....but it seems like the lowering link cures a lot of bikes , not just the older Honda's. I talked to a guy last week about him having one on his KXF450 like mine and he seemed to like it as well.

And yeah......the RM is in great shape! I figured if I built a 250 instead of my 125 it would open me up to being able to ride more classes if I want and still be some what competitive. The 125 would of left me having to ride the slowest bike in the class , against a bunch of kids.....and I would of gotten my ass handed to me.

Well....all that.....but I just really wanted a 250 2 stroke again. Great play bike!
Mickolobe7
7/20/2014 2:20pm
Oh ya 250 2 strokes are fun to ride and the 125 needs alot to go fast. That bike looks like it will do the trick.

bsharkey
7/29/2014 8:21pm
jeffs a copy cat , he saw mine and had to buy one a few weeks alter LOL!!!
Mickolobe7
7/29/2014 8:39pm
bsharkey wrote:
jeffs a copy cat , he saw mine and had to buy one a few weeks alter LOL!!!
So I take it is an Awesome upgrade!

Post a reply to: DEVOL LOWERING LINK

The Latest