Bud racing-new o-rings needed!!!!

Paw Paw 271
5/1/2016 6:51am
If you have a good bearing supply business in your area, take the o-ring to them as they can cross match it.

Paw Paw
Bruce372
5/1/2016 2:57pm
I think there is a guy on ebay called orings and more that sell all the different sizes and materials.

Also, if you go to a hOnda parts fiche, you can find all the exact dimensions of all the orings for showa and kyb forks
Slosh 112
5/1/2016 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2016 4:07pm
Take them to your local bearing or seal shop, get the inner one in Viton to deal with the temperature.

The Shop

stevo450
5/1/2016 6:31pm
If you have a good bearing supply business in your area, take the o-ring to them as they can cross match it.

Paw Paw
Surprised that they don't sell a 'topend' gasket kit for when you do a topend? Would have thought they'd sell the orings if things were different from oem....

I'll head over to a place and hope they can help...
5/2/2016 4:09am
I have contacted bud racing before and they said that the o rings they use are identical to oem. Have you contacted bud racing?...
stevo450
5/2/2016 4:15am
I have contacted bud racing before and they said that the o rings they use are identical to oem. Have you contacted bud racing?...
They've not responded. The oem part is a gasket as opposed to the duel O-Ring system used by B.R.
I got all the O-Rings coming tomorrow through a local supplier, the large one is a hit it miss ATM because it's hard to know the radius... They ordered a few sizes to try match it... I got the inner one in Viton too....
brocsdad
5/2/2016 8:01am
stevo450 wrote:
They've not responded. The oem part is a gasket as opposed to the duel O-Ring system used by B.R. I got all the O-Rings coming tomorrow...
They've not responded. The oem part is a gasket as opposed to the duel O-Ring system used by B.R.
I got all the O-Rings coming tomorrow through a local supplier, the large one is a hit it miss ATM because it's hard to know the radius... They ordered a few sizes to try match it... I got the inner one in Viton too....
I spoke to them last week regarding a silencer that did not fit my sons KX supermini.

Just keep calling...
stevo450
5/2/2016 4:01pm
Wonder why I didn't see that before when I searched the site.
Oh and when I called the distributed here in Australia they didn't know anything about it and said they could help!? Like you supply a product and don't know the ins and outs of that product!?
bgpn35
5/2/2016 7:23pm

Paw Paw
Speaking of that, we have to use a bearing company in town quite often. I went a few weeks back and noticed the skf logo so I asked the guy about finding me some fork seals. I can get any skf fork seal for $5 a piece! I didn't know if anyone else knew about this but I thought it was pretty awesome!
stevo450
5/2/2016 7:52pm

Paw Paw
bgpn35 wrote:
Speaking of that, we have to use a bearing company in town quite often. I went a few weeks back and noticed the skf logo so...
Speaking of that, we have to use a bearing company in town quite often. I went a few weeks back and noticed the skf logo so I asked the guy about finding me some fork seals. I can get any skf fork seal for $5 a piece! I didn't know if anyone else knew about this but I thought it was pretty awesome!
I do that a LOT... In most cases I can get just about any bearing in any style for my bikes. It's a good thing to know especially when bearings become obsolete from the manufacture. However, the only bearings that I've not been able to sorce are linkage bearings.........those are proprietary. But wheel bearings/head stem bearings/engine that's all available.
Now I'll remember O-Rings too Lol
Slosh 112
5/3/2016 4:52am
bgpn35 wrote:
Speaking of that, we have to use a bearing company in town quite often. I went a few weeks back and noticed the skf logo so...
LOL!!! I went to SKF's actual shop here (yes they have their own shop) and the guys behind the counter didn't believe me that SKF made fork seals, I came back the next day with an old one out of a friends bike and said "here! still think I'm confused?" said they coouldnt get them as they were aligned with the "industrial side of SKF"... Whatever mate, if its too hard for you to make a phone call then I'll buy else where...

stevo450
5/3/2016 5:03am
bgpn35 wrote:
Slosh 112 wrote:
LOL!!! I went to SKF's actual shop here (yes they have their own shop) and the guys behind the counter didn't believe me that SKF made...
LOL!!! I went to SKF's actual shop here (yes they have their own shop) and the guys behind the counter didn't believe me that SKF made fork seals, I came back the next day with an old one out of a friends bike and said "here! still think I'm confused?" said they coouldnt get them as they were aligned with the "industrial side of SKF"... Whatever mate, if its too hard for you to make a phone call then I'll buy else where...

Note-you need to find a good shop for bearings/seals...the place I use outsourced some random bearings from a Japan manufacture plant.... Pretty good service. Usually best to just take the seal in and don't tell them what it's for ( Wink )...
Side note...the Yamaha countershaft sprocket seal costs a bomb from Yamaha but you can get the same seal for $4 from CBC here.... It's only downfall is that it's .5mm deeper... So just don't push it as far I'm lol
Slosh 112
5/3/2016 5:16am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2016 5:17am
haha yeah I do the same with my local shop I just take them in on the weekend or when I have a day off, making sure I put on a blue work shirt instead of the hi vis orange one and tell them its for my hay baler, miners and cane farmers tax bypassed. Still dear af living in a mining town tho.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/3/2016 8:49am
stevo450 wrote:
Wonder why I didn't see that before when I searched the site. Oh and when I called the distributed here in Australia they didn't know anything...
Wonder why I didn't see that before when I searched the site.
Oh and when I called the distributed here in Australia they didn't know anything about it and said they could help!? Like you supply a product and don't know the ins and outs of that product!?
Haha, that is the worst, when you know more than them.
cwtoyota
5/4/2016 10:06pm
BAMX wrote:
http://www.mcmaster.com/ I would get Viton
Viton is good shit and McMaster is a good resource.

If viton isn't available, this may help:
I think the inner o-ring on the YZ engines is silicon based to deal with combustion pressure & heat and the larger outside ring is probably Buna-N or similar.
I haven't worked on a CR125 in many years...

Post a reply to: Bud racing-new o-rings needed!!!!

The Latest