Best suspension mods?

YZfan1230
Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 7:50am
Hey everyone, just looking for some ideas on what to do with my suspension on A 2013 YZ250F. I've been wanting to upgrade my suspension for a while and can't seem to find out whats the best bang for the buck! Any suggestions on things like springs, rebuilds, revalving. I live in Canada so if anyone knows any places in the country for suspension it would help a ton! Thanks!
|
adam8781
3/28/2016 11:08am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2016 11:13am
Where in canada? Im in Alberta and if you are in sk ab or bc you would be crazy to not go to Don at proaction canada His shop is just outside of calgary. I just put the maiden flight on my new pro action stuff this weekend and it was awesome. Hit dorva MX in drumheller And blackfoot (wild rose mx) The biggest plus is dealing with don is a pleasure. I had a much worse time dealing with rmr in vancouver and enzo canada couldnt even get my spring rates correct on the phone for my weight... They had no amature program or support.

I would do springs for your weight, a revalve for your speed and riding type (mx ax offroad etc) and replace any wear parts that need it. odds are it would just be seals and bushings.

I am riding for him this year as well, With referral hes running a promotion right now you get 10% off his work. I was close enough Togo see him in person and hes awesome to deal with. I wont use anyone else anymore.
YZfan1230
3/28/2016 11:13am
I live in Newfoundland so pretty far away. But what services are offered?
lumpy790
3/28/2016 11:46am
Look up your weight on race tech to see what springs they suggest running. Springs and a service to fresh fluids is a good 1st step.
adam8781
3/28/2016 12:04pm
Everything from rebuilds, revavles, 3 stage valving system all the way up to kashima coatings and dlc, as wild as your budget allows. let me know if you want to send it to him, he will even take it via greyhound if you want to save money on shipping etc.

The Shop

Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
3/29/2016 7:50am
Springs are an easy drop in, and many riders are happy with just proper spring rates. This doesn't require sending your suspension out. We recommend a rebuild every 20-30 hours. You'll be amazed at what just proper spring rates and a fresh QUALITY suspension fluid will do for performance.

A revalve will be better, but how much depends on how good or bad the bike is stock. Depending on your weight, your bike isn't terribly valved for some middle of the road riders stock. The main thing you'd be looking at is personalizing valving setup for you. If you're on a budget, I'd go with springs first and ride it. If you still desire more performance, then look into a revalve.

Finally, if you do go for a revalve it is important to know that not all revalve are created equally. Each tuner will have different setups, theories, parts, processes, etc. Do your research ahead of time!

Hopefully that helps a bit. Feel free to contact me at chris@racetech.com if you have any other questions or want a quote on some parts or service. Also, if you need help selecting spring rates, there is a free online spring rate calculator at racetech.com, and if you decide to order anything I'd love for you to choose Race Tech. Be sure to mention VitalMX when ordering to get the Vital discount.

I do have a Race Tech Center up in Canada. Shipping might be required for you, which isn't too difficult. You could ship to him or down to us in the US. Here is an easy guide on shipping your suspension if you decide to go that route.

Post a reply to: Best suspension mods?

The Latest