Best exhaust systems?

DTHA70
4/16/2014 6:57am
Connor 127 wrote:
What exhaust system will give the biggest power out-put? I was wondering what exhaust system will add the most power to a ktm 250sxf. Links to...
What exhaust system will give the biggest power out-put?
I was wondering what exhaust system will add the most power to a ktm 250sxf.
Links to item specifications wouldn't be too bad.
Thanks
what year 250 sxf? any other mods besides the pipe?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
4/16/2014 8:07am
I run the fmf mega bomb pipe with 4.1 rct exhaust. I also use the Tokyo mods 10 map ECU and an air filter cage with no back fire screen.

The Ti saves weight over stock, great throttle response, maybe a little power gain.

The most power gain you might see from pipe only is maybe 1-1.5hp
DTHA70
4/16/2014 10:23am
i would go for the setup as mentioned above(FMF mega bomb 41.RCT system) no real need for the Ti system unless youre pushing that bike to the limit and absolutely need the weight savings. next system i would recommend would be a DRD system.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/16/2014 1:29pm
Budget plays a role in this one, Akrapovics are great on the KTM (well about any bike really) but the price tag matches. Other than that I also recommend the FMF 4.1 RCT/ Mega-bomb header combo.

The Shop

Team Ideal
4/16/2014 1:32pm
honestly KTM makes one of the best exhaust around, almost all manufactures are on point now days according to our engine builder. your going to possibly gain a little HP but nothing your going to notice in the seat of your pants. some exhaust will change your power delivery around where you may feel like it made a gain but the biggest gain is weight savings and sound. that being said, I agree with above post, FMF is hard to beat. there are exhaust on the market that will actually cost you HP so do your homework.
4/18/2014 5:10pm
I ll just throw this in if anyone is looking for a full fmf system with megabomb header 4.1 rct blue can carbon fiber tip, for a 13 to 14.5 ktm 450 tex me I have 1 with 1 hr on it so if you need 1 and wanna save some $$$ tex me 8482102782
fc202
Fantasy
1383rd
12/12/2023 1:26pm
ML512 wrote:
Budget plays a role in this one, Akrapovics are great on the KTM (well about any bike really) but the price tag matches. Other than that...
Budget plays a role in this one, Akrapovics are great on the KTM (well about any bike really) but the price tag matches. Other than that I also recommend the FMF 4.1 RCT/ Mega-bomb header combo.

Idk about this it really depends on the rider and where they want more power akro takes all the bottom end away 

12/13/2023 11:40am
ML512 wrote:
Budget plays a role in this one, Akrapovics are great on the KTM (well about any bike really) but the price tag matches. Other than that...
fc202 wrote:

Idk about this it really depends on the rider and where they want more power akro takes all the bottom end away 

Yeah but it makes power. FMF muffler actually loses power on a KTM. The hot ticket is an FMF header with stock muffler. 

fc202
Fantasy
1383rd
12/13/2023 11:47am
ML512 wrote:
fc202 wrote:

Paperclip wrote:

Yeah but it makes power. FMF muffler actually loses power on a KTM. The hot ticket is an FMF header with stock muffler. 

Yeah fair, why would the pros use fmf if it looses power though? Or maybe the ecu needs to be done in combo to get the effects of the fmf exhaust, I have been hearing some good things about the yoshi for the new gen ktms but I’m personally doing an ecu before exhaust better bang for the buck plus the new gen ktms sound good

Post a reply to: Best exhaust systems?

The Latest