Anyone ever use a lowering link for the rear?

snyder123
I'm a shorter guy about 5'6 I already cut my seat a little and my 2010 rmz 250 is still pretty tall I found the lowering links for the rear does anyone have any experience with these.
|
RussB
Fantasy
1164th
10/19/2016 1:18am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2016 11:55pm
A lowering link will drop the rear of the bike by 5-10mm
You can then drop the forks through a little more to balance the bike back out or leave the forks as they are for a slacker head angle and a more stable ride.

I personally didn't like the lowering link on my bike but then I'm in the UK and our tracks are slower/tighter than yours.

I would definitely recommend giving one a go though as I think it would be a good mod to your bike to help make it lower, worst case you don't like it and sell it on.
Also consider cutting/modifying the subframe as this will also drop the seat height but without altering the bikes geometry
Paw Paw
10/19/2016 11:38am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2016 11:39am
I do not recommend them as they change the cornering too much. I would suggest contacting Merge Racing in Oklahoma on line and take with them. They can shorten the OEM suspension or cut the sub frame to work for you and the do great work and the bike looks OEM.
http://www.mergeracing.com/

Paw Paw
RyanLester761
10/19/2016 12:18pm
I agree with lowering the subframe. That's what RC did for his bikes. Being in SoCal, I can suggest a guy up here near Sacramento if you want to contact him. His name is Adam Remund. That's his Facebook page.
10/19/2016 4:32pm
Lots of people run lowering links. Pro circuit, ride engineering and other companies make them. They do exactly what russ b said. Buy 1 if you want to lower the rear end. It's easier then chopping your sub frame.

The Shop

RyanLester761
10/19/2016 4:58pm
Lots of people run lowering links. Pro circuit, ride engineering and other companies make them. They do exactly what russ b said. Buy 1 if you...
Lots of people run lowering links. Pro circuit, ride engineering and other companies make them. They do exactly what russ b said. Buy 1 if you want to lower the rear end. It's easier then chopping your sub frame.
Duhhh. I brain farted. But yes, the links are readily available! And is way easier than cutting down a subframe. I have them on my yz450. I never ride so I forgot about them. Lol.

I guess I was thinking it wouldn't lower the bike enough. As they are adverised as performance mods. As where a subframe can make a substantial difference. Not to mention, the seat to peg relationship for shorter legs.

Good luck either way. Let us know what you come up with.

Unless you are considering strapping blocks on the bottom of your boots. Haha. Jk.Silly

Post a reply to: Anyone ever use a lowering link for the rear?

The Latest