Another Sx 250 build.

2/25/2014 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 12/21/2014 8:10am
Hey all, Sold my 12 xc 250 and 12 150 sx for this 14 sx 250 brand spanks. I wanted to make the xc more agressive but i just gave up and decided to buy what i was going to turn it into anyways. Aside from what MXA and other mags have said about the 14's i have already noticed some differences.

I race 250A at local Harescambles and Gncc's. This build will be a bit more woods oriented, But i do the odd local mx when im not in the bush.

Fitted my rotor guard from my 150 from last year, as you can see, it has done its job quite well. Also noticed Ktm changed all the plastic fasteners from gold, to a flat silver, looks cheaper, not sure if i like that yet. The gold looked factory.
New gas cap. i never had a problem with the old one, but you can now open it one handed, which is nice.

Heres the Bummer, i know ktm changed the lever, for 14, but i didn't know they changed basically the whole master cylinder. I can't fit my ARC folding lever from the 08-13 ktm's with a brembo front brake.

old lever, guess its gotta go.

put the clutch folder lever on, ARC blades feel sweet.

More parts in the coming days, Sending the suspension out to get re-springed, i'm far too light at 148 Lbs Im going to see how the valving is stock, may send it to factory connection, but i have two local guys that do pretty good work for the money, LGS and Steve Matteson suspension systems. On the waiting list.* Pro- circuit 304 silencer, Enduro engineering rad braces, Ktm Power parts Wave seat, Twinwalls. Kevlar grips, And some numbers. I also have a xc tank to use off the moto track. Man am i ever hyped for spring.
|
KenBB
10/1/2014 5:31pm
How'd the SX turn out? Looks like a good project.

This build is being featured in the BikeBuilds.net directory here: CheesePreetza's SX 250

We're currently displaying only a reduced-size photo (similar to what you'd find in Google Images).  We'd like to ask for your permission to publish the original full-size image with your build listing.

If anyone would like to have a build of their own listed, just send me a message with a link to the build thread and we'll take care of the rest.

Ken
10/1/2014 6:56pm
Cheesepreetza, u should really consider RIDE PG, imo their the only ones that have a handle on wp suspension. They r wp north america " factorty suspension shop"
12/19/2014 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 12/20/2014 3:14pm
So here is a little update on the "SXC". Put on a xc oem 2.7 gal tank. FLU designs pleated seat cover, Rocky Mtn Graphics paid for with Rocky bucks, very cool program for a mail-order. 180 decals handled the backgrounds and forkguards.

Enduro Engeneering v2 radiator braces, doesn't widen the bike and can use all existing hardware. No hoses to disconnect to install like the first version.

KSR Wheels, Keith hooked it up! KSR hubs, Bulldog spokes, DID dirtstars. Mx 32 shoes with HD tubes.
Galfer rotors and pads. I had a galfer rear brake pad fail on me (Pad came off the backing) and it ruined the rotor. I sent them pictures and they replaced both the rotor and gave me an extra set of pads, Customer for life.
Keith told me that the Acerbis front rotor guard will not work on his hubs, Photo evidence showing that it bolts up just fine.

Speedynamics Padiator, keeps the temps down, reduced all brake fade, woods is hard on brakes.
Pro moto billet rotor guard.

Always felt the stock shifter was too short. Anyone that feels the same should try this shifter. Rubber tip seems to last much longer than the knurled counterpart. This is the +1 model and fits great with my size 11 feet.

Running 170 main 40 pilot third clip with the NECJ
PC platinum and r304 silencer.
Stock 13/48 gearing all Renthal.

Race tech Gold valves = A+ Valved and sprung to my lanky 155lb frame and east coast woods.
Nihilo fork guard brackets
Works connection holeshot device.
2007 oem style forkguards.

Renthal 996
Arc levers
PHDS
Cycra stadium plate, performance fender and shrouds, the rest of the plastic is Polisport higher quality then i thought it was going to be, finish is nicer than Acerbis.
Nytro Handguards

Whoreing. Will get some better bike check photos soon, it has been really crappy outside recently just wanted to post some progress.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3742nd
12/19/2014 7:25pm
Nice pics! I'm in the process of making my TC250 a TE, similar to your SXC...I guess you can call it a TCE?

What does Race Tech do better than the stock stuff? I haven't touched my suspension other than clickers and I it's stiff to say the least.

Did you do the typical Gold valve or did you also install the G2-R Gold Valve Combo Kit?

The Shop

markit
12/19/2014 10:43pm
Guess my stock 02 200exc is getting long in the tooth.lol
Great looking bike! To much bike for me in the woods.
12/20/2014 7:47am Edited Date/Time 12/20/2014 9:20am
Sweedishfish - Thanks man. Post a build, i'd love to see a "TCE"! I just had my local Race Tech guy Steve Mathewson Suspension Systems. Install original gold valves, but two stage valving, more plush/supple on the initial travel with lots of rebound then gets progressively stiffer. lighter 5.0 kg shock spring and a xtrig preload ring. It got rid of the harshness in the middle of the stroke, i found stock i was either bottoming it out or getting bucked around on small chop no matter what adjustments i made. After the valving its so much easier to tune and for a woods valving stack it stays up higher in the travel than say a traditional valving. More predicable everywhere (I can still jump it and not be afraid of breaking my wrists or ankles.) If you don't have the xtrig adjuster and care about your sag it makes life so much easier, i set my sag with a buddy holding 8mm on the end of a impact drill. Done in 20 seconds. In the spring im going to get him to install the race tech subtanks on the forks. suppose to be better for square edged chop, so in my mind i think it will help out in the roots/logs/rocks for offroad aswell. It has nothing but good reviews.

Markit - Thanks! thats the cool thing, these bikes have adjustable powervalves by switching the auxiliary spring included, you can mellow it right out to a power delivery similar to a 200 if that's your weapon of choice. Putting on a xc head will mellow out a sx also.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3742nd
12/20/2014 8:44am
Thanks for the reply, sounds like Race Tech has you covered.

I'll post a build when I get some more time with the bike.
Skerby
12/20/2014 12:33pm
Bike looks sweet! I dont share your opinion of pollisport though. I like the fit and finish but it breaks very easily.
ebers
Fantasy
170th
12/21/2014 4:37am
They going to let you cross the border with that pretty thing!? Whistling
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
12/21/2014 5:35am
IF you want to sell those stock levers let me know.
12/21/2014 8:10am
ebers wrote:
They going to let you cross the border with that pretty thing!? Whistling
I hope so haha. GNCC at Seneca highlands sounds like quite the event to be at!

Post a reply to: Another Sx 250 build.

The Latest