4CS forks are not the evil forks their made out to be.....

MxRyder
I rode a 2016 and a 2017 ktm 350sxf this past weekend thanks to a guy who had both models.....first they are alittle soft for a faster rider.....being a 450 intermediate racer who rides both 250 2stroke as well.....they are decent forks....the problems that many have is they just dont know how to correctly set sag...fork height....rear axle postion(frame set up)....then actually spend the correct amount of time finding a suitable settting with the clickers16...and or air 17.....they are a good fork for vets...novice...maybe not a fast SoCal novice....but overall i think they work descent....all the jumps i hit were 110ft -130ft and they worked well....the.comfort is alot better then the old Bladder forks by far.....i think 75%of the people out there can use these forks without issue as long as you try to get all the set up in a fair range......i enjoyed the 350....definitely needs 1 tooth to the rear but easily run with 450s..... Dont shy away of the 4CS...If u weight over 180lbs u may need a revalve and springs.....TBT in Arizonia or GreameBrough are the guys who are doing great work in suspension.....im a GreameBrough guy myself...but TBT is making a hell of a rep around Socal
|
10/18/2016 9:14am
I'm a 150lb 30A rider. Love the 4CS on my '16. Took a little fiddling, but I haven't ridden another bike that gave me fork envy.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
10/18/2016 10:55am
I have a great setting from Factory Connection on my 4CS. They work well for sure.
NeedMoto
10/18/2016 3:35pm
MxRyder wrote:
I rode a 2016 and a 2017 ktm 350sxf this past weekend thanks to a guy who had both models.....first they are alittle soft for a...
I rode a 2016 and a 2017 ktm 350sxf this past weekend thanks to a guy who had both models.....first they are alittle soft for a faster rider.....being a 450 intermediate racer who rides both 250 2stroke as well.....they are decent forks....the problems that many have is they just dont know how to correctly set sag...fork height....rear axle postion(frame set up)....then actually spend the correct amount of time finding a suitable settting with the clickers16...and or air 17.....they are a good fork for vets...novice...maybe not a fast SoCal novice....but overall i think they work descent....all the jumps i hit were 110ft -130ft and they worked well....the.comfort is alot better then the old Bladder forks by far.....i think 75%of the people out there can use these forks without issue as long as you try to get all the set up in a fair range......i enjoyed the 350....definitely needs 1 tooth to the rear but easily run with 450s..... Dont shy away of the 4CS...If u weight over 180lbs u may need a revalve and springs.....TBT in Arizonia or GreameBrough are the guys who are doing great work in suspension.....im a GreameBrough guy myself...but TBT is making a hell of a rep around Socal
Same here, Graeme Brough guy. 4CS will work good after he's done, and you get your setting's dialed!
sandman768
10/18/2016 5:55pm
So, you spent a day or Two riding a bike with 4cs forks & you have it all figured out? The 4cs on my 15 xc300 felt pretty good initially too, after more time on them they progressively got softer & more harsh. Factory connection has revalved them twice, they are better, but these forks have issues in stock trim. What the hell is a fast SoCal novice?

The Shop

10/18/2016 6:52pm
sandman768 wrote:
So, you spent a day or Two riding a bike with 4cs forks & you have it all figured out? The 4cs on my 15 xc300...
So, you spent a day or Two riding a bike with 4cs forks & you have it all figured out? The 4cs on my 15 xc300 felt pretty good initially too, after more time on them they progressively got softer & more harsh. Factory connection has revalved them twice, they are better, but these forks have issues in stock trim. What the hell is a fast SoCal novice?
SoCal novice is basically a low-level pro in any other state besides Texas/Georgia these days haha
MxRyder
10/19/2016 5:57am
sandman768 wrote:
So, you spent a day or Two riding a bike with 4cs forks & you have it all figured out? The 4cs on my 15 xc300...
Dont you just love it when people ask ignorant...dumb questions....a fast Socal novice....is the same guy in florida.....georgia....texas......that sure as hell doesnt belong in the novice class....but his moronic parents seem to think a C class championship plate for 2years means something......it the same kid that throwning down lap times close to a fast intermediate.(does everybody knows what the differance between a fast intermediate is and one not ao fast???)..again doesn belong in the C class.....wait for it......wait for it........a SandBagger.........i know common sense these days is coming up short...but work with me here....now it also might help if anybody may have still missed the point ,by the fact that the stock suspension i mentioned may not be able to perform correctly with the FASTER RIDER ON IT.....yes that means all the other guys in texas...florida....and georgia.....and if any other people in other states seem to have gotten offended cause you didnt get mentioned its ok......the participation ribbons will get mailed out soon so u dont feel left out........
sandman768
10/19/2016 8:11am
sandman768 wrote:
MxRyder wrote:
Dont you just love it when people ask ignorant...dumb questions....a fast Socal novice....is the same guy in florida.....georgia....texas......that sure as hell doesnt belong in the novice...
Dont you just love it when people ask ignorant...dumb questions....a fast Socal novice....is the same guy in florida.....georgia....texas......that sure as hell doesnt belong in the novice class....but his moronic parents seem to think a C class championship plate for 2years means something......it the same kid that throwning down lap times close to a fast intermediate.(does everybody knows what the differance between a fast intermediate is and one not ao fast???)..again doesn belong in the C class.....wait for it......wait for it........a SandBagger.........i know common sense these days is coming up short...but work with me here....now it also might help if anybody may have still missed the point ,by the fact that the stock suspension i mentioned may not be able to perform correctly with the FASTER RIDER ON IT.....yes that means all the other guys in texas...florida....and georgia.....and if any other people in other states seem to have gotten offended cause you didnt get mentioned its ok......the participation ribbons will get mailed out soon so u dont feel left out........
Don't you just love it when some people post a rambling review of something they donot own and then proceed to plug their suspension guy....I could surmise what a "SoCal novice " would be, I just wanted your take on it, sounds like you have a lot of experience in that department. Flame on....to the dungeon !
scooter5002
10/19/2016 9:56am
There's also a guy in Sacramento who does great work on suspension, and is a member here. I'd go to him, based on what I've read of his work. Met him in person too, 2 memorable hours bullshitting in a parking lot, and tossed out out of a titty bar to boot. Good times!
10/19/2016 11:42am
This "review" is false. I had these forks on my last KTM and I am happily back on Yamaha. I tried everything for about 14 months to get comfortable on the 4CS. Harsh forks with seemingly zero bottoming resistance, which made the bike react in weird ways. Totally destroyed my riding confidence.

YZ450F w/ SSS: perfect from day one. Conditions have changed wildly on track? Adjust the clickers slightly.
RockyRider
Fantasy
3372nd
10/19/2016 8:11pm
Im with the OP on this one. I've ridden multiple 4CS setups and didn't have many negative things to say... I feel like people already start with a negative mindset against them which leads them to be unhappy at the first bump or landing that didn't go "perfect". That being said, I've also rebuilt I don't even know how many sets of these forks and every time I question why they had to step away from the CC based on simplicity. My advice is ride the bikes first, play with clicks and don't believe the hype.
c0ncEpT
10/20/2016 7:01am
Its all about personal feel.

I have a 2015 TC125 and I think the 4CS fork is by far the worst stock suspension I've ever ridden.

Blows through the stroke and slaps down super hard on landing from basically any jump larger than 30 feet.

Super stiff in very light chop but then damn near bottoms out in large braking bumps.

Also super unpredictable in huge braking bumps. I.E blows through and damn near bottoms out in 1 bump and then feels rock hard and tries to push the tire out from under you on the next.

Its so bad I'm actually thinking about selling the bike with 5 hours on it instead of spending the $600-$800 to get the suspension done because I Don't think it will ever feel like my Yamaha does.

305FC250
10/20/2016 7:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2016 7:55pm
I mean theres people out there that absolutely tear it up on 15-25 year old bikes... Hitting big jumps and all using the original forks with some work put into them of course. How bad can the 4cs forks really be? Especially once they are tinkered with by a good suspension guy? Worse than what bikes had 15-20+ years ago? Thats why I have a hard time buying into the negative hype. Sure they definitely are NOT the greatest forks ever but are they really THAT bad.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
10/20/2016 8:47pm
305FC250 wrote:
I mean theres people out there that absolutely tear it up on 15-25 year old bikes... Hitting big jumps and all using the original forks with...
I mean theres people out there that absolutely tear it up on 15-25 year old bikes... Hitting big jumps and all using the original forks with some work put into them of course. How bad can the 4cs forks really be? Especially once they are tinkered with by a good suspension guy? Worse than what bikes had 15-20+ years ago? Thats why I have a hard time buying into the negative hype. Sure they definitely are NOT the greatest forks ever but are they really THAT bad.
If you compared the 4cs to a 15 year old fork, they are worlds better, maybe even amazing you could say. But if you compared them to other brand forks from 2015-16 they are not the best. I rode a stock yz250f back to back with my 4cs and was amazed at how good the KYB setup was out of the box.

But like I wrote earlier, my 4cs revalved by FC are not bad, they work just fine.
10/20/2016 10:33pm
c0ncEpT wrote:
Its all about personal feel. I have a 2015 TC125 and I think the 4CS fork is by far the worst stock suspension I've ever ridden...
Its all about personal feel.

I have a 2015 TC125 and I think the 4CS fork is by far the worst stock suspension I've ever ridden.

Blows through the stroke and slaps down super hard on landing from basically any jump larger than 30 feet.

Super stiff in very light chop but then damn near bottoms out in large braking bumps.

Also super unpredictable in huge braking bumps. I.E blows through and damn near bottoms out in 1 bump and then feels rock hard and tries to push the tire out from under you on the next.

Its so bad I'm actually thinking about selling the bike with 5 hours on it instead of spending the $600-$800 to get the suspension done because I Don't think it will ever feel like my Yamaha does.

Exactly what I meant by my comments. I wanted to believe the KTM hype at the time, but my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE FROM OWNING AND RIDING THE BIKE was very, very bitter.
JWACK
10/21/2016 5:07am
305FC250 wrote:
I mean theres people out there that absolutely tear it up on 15-25 year old bikes... Hitting big jumps and all using the original forks with...
If you compared the 4cs to a 15 year old fork, they are worlds better, maybe even amazing you could say. But if you compared them...
If you compared the 4cs to a 15 year old fork, they are worlds better, maybe even amazing you could say. But if you compared them to other brand forks from 2015-16 they are not the best. I rode a stock yz250f back to back with my 4cs and was amazed at how good the KYB setup was out of the box.

But like I wrote earlier, my 4cs revalved by FC are not bad, they work just fine.
I would disagree with you Joe. My stock 2000 cr 250 forks were worlds better than my stock 16 350 sxf forks. No doubt about it. Well now that I think about it every bike I've owned since 2000 except my 06 kx 250 had better forks stock than this bike.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
10/21/2016 6:37am
305FC250 wrote:
If you compared the 4cs to a 15 year old fork, they are worlds better, maybe even amazing you could say. But if you compared them...

JWACK wrote:
I would disagree with you Joe. My stock 2000 cr 250 forks were worlds better than my stock 16 350 sxf forks. No doubt about it...
I would disagree with you Joe. My stock 2000 cr 250 forks were worlds better than my stock 16 350 sxf forks. No doubt about it. Well now that I think about it every bike I've owned since 2000 except my 06 kx 250 had better forks stock than this bike.
Hahaha, that's crazy! Sounds like those Honda forks were ahead of there time. I was using a general assumption ya know.
JWACK
10/21/2016 8:12am

JWACK wrote:
I would disagree with you Joe. My stock 2000 cr 250 forks were worlds better than my stock 16 350 sxf forks. No doubt about it...
Hahaha, that's crazy! Sounds like those Honda forks were ahead of there time. I was using a general assumption ya know.
I know what you mean though. I also have a buddy with a 2016 crf 450. Those forks suck just as bad as the 4cs in my opinion.

Post a reply to: 4CS forks are not the evil forks their made out to be.....

The Latest