2016 RM-Z 250 Privateer Project. Enjoy :)

Edited Date/Time 12/10/2015 2:20pm
Alright so I bought a 2016 RM-Z 250 the day it was released with full intentions of finally building my dream bike. I plan on building a full blown privateer race bike as far as I can Financially and with the Parts that are available to me. I will be posting pics as I make progress on the bike every week. As of right now the bike has 15.8 hours on it. 13.8 hours on the amazing Turbo Speed Tuning (Mitch Gerwin) Suspension. I bought the bike from North End Cycle in Elkhart Indiana in the crate and assembled it myself. I through a Yoshimura RS-4 full system on it and raced some local fair races and took it up to silver lake Sand Dunes for some free riding with a buddy. Anyways the plans are to have a professionally built mod race motor (without boring it) by House Of Yamaha in Fort Wayne Indiana, have the frame and Fork Tubes Anodized black, Hooefully a Ti-Nitrate coating to the inner fork tubes if I can find a deal. As well as:
Exhaust, (unsure on Manufacturer)
Wheels/Hubs,
Triple Clamps,
Acerebis Flo Yellow plastic with a Forty Five designs (Nick Hiltz) Graphics kit
MX32 Tires (Plz HELP) I Want some Dunlop stickers for them if anyone could help me out!
Chain/Sprockets
Anodized Black Brake Calipers
Floating front and rear Rotors
ODI Bars and Grips
Pro Taper Breakaway Levers
Red Ti Pegs
Torc1 Racing shifter and rear brake lever
Works Connection Billet Motor Plugs
Welded/Polished Radiators
Blue Radiator Hoses
PLUS A TON OF OTHER UNLISTED GOODIES. Any Advice or input on the build is always appreciated and Welcomed! Now let's get Started!
|

The Shop

12/1/2015 6:37pm
Check out TZR he's outta illnois but he does some awesome work he builds race bikes for top privateers I'm have him do my motors and suspension I've ridden on some of his suspension he's done I was impressed
12/1/2015 6:41pm
Heat dog TZR, not sure if they do the coatings? I'll look into it, I know FC1 does coatings for $250 for the outer tubes, looking to find someone who can do both outer and inner tubes as well as the Fork Lugs Black, all in one service
Premix
12/1/2015 7:13pm
SRS suspension in Ohio does all the coatings. Check them out on IG @srssuspenion. Don't ano your frame, you'll end up with 6 different versions of black due to all of the materials used. Go Powdercoat there. Sounds like it'll be sweet.
jaredkeller96
12/1/2015 7:27pm
Premix wrote:
SRS suspension in Ohio does all the coatings. Check them out on IG @srssuspenion. Don't ano your frame, you'll end up with 6 different versions of...
SRS suspension in Ohio does all the coatings. Check them out on IG @srssuspenion. Don't ano your frame, you'll end up with 6 different versions of black due to all of the materials used. Go Powdercoat there. Sounds like it'll be sweet.
why wouldn't ano work?? all of reeds bikes were ano. its all about the prep he does to the frame.
Premix
12/1/2015 7:32pm
Premix wrote:
SRS suspension in Ohio does all the coatings. Check them out on IG @srssuspenion. Don't ano your frame, you'll end up with 6 different versions of...
why wouldn't ano work?? all of reeds bikes were ano. its all about the prep he does to the frame.
You have a different types of aluminum on your frame(cast,raw,machined) Each will take the ano differently and be a different color. I've seen it in person, looks like hell.
jaredkeller96
12/1/2015 7:39pm
Premix wrote:
You have a different types of aluminum on your frame(cast,raw,machined) Each will take the ano differently and be a different color. I've seen it in person...
You have a different types of aluminum on your frame(cast,raw,machined) Each will take the ano differently and be a different color. I've seen it in person, looks like hell.
How did the reed bikes look so good??
Premix
12/1/2015 7:44pm
Premix wrote:
You have a different types of aluminum on your frame(cast,raw,machined) Each will take the ano differently and be a different color. I've seen it in person...
How did the reed bikes look so good??
Everything looks good from 5 feet away. Go powder coat. Also if you have any steel inserts in your frame, they'll be dissolved during the ano process. Look through all the builds on here, no one else does it for the aforementioned reasons.
jaredkeller96
12/1/2015 7:49pm
Premix wrote:
Everything looks good from 5 feet away. Go powder coat. Also if you have any steel inserts in your frame, they'll be dissolved during the ano...
Everything looks good from 5 feet away. Go powder coat. Also if you have any steel inserts in your frame, they'll be dissolved during the ano process. Look through all the builds on here, no one else does it for the aforementioned reasons.
I've actually picked up reeds bike while standing on the back of the hauler as i was curious how much it really weighed. believe it or not it weighs more than a stock 450. i knew Dean the motor guy, and i knew Oscar the suspension guru..
Premix
12/1/2015 8:02pm
I've actually picked up reeds bike while standing on the back of the hauler as i was curious how much it really weighed. believe it or...
I've actually picked up reeds bike while standing on the back of the hauler as i was curious how much it really weighed. believe it or not it weighs more than a stock 450. i knew Dean the motor guy, and i knew Oscar the suspension guru..
people on the internet make me laugh.
motomike894
12/1/2015 9:45pm
Alright so I bought a 2016 RM-Z 250 the day it was released with full intentions of finally building my dream bike. I plan on building...
Alright so I bought a 2016 RM-Z 250 the day it was released with full intentions of finally building my dream bike. I plan on building a full blown privateer race bike as far as I can Financially and with the Parts that are available to me. I will be posting pics as I make progress on the bike every week. As of right now the bike has 15.8 hours on it. 13.8 hours on the amazing Turbo Speed Tuning (Mitch Gerwin) Suspension. I bought the bike from North End Cycle in Elkhart Indiana in the crate and assembled it myself. I through a Yoshimura RS-4 full system on it and raced some local fair races and took it up to silver lake Sand Dunes for some free riding with a buddy. Anyways the plans are to have a professionally built mod race motor (without boring it) by House Of Yamaha in Fort Wayne Indiana, have the frame and Fork Tubes Anodized black, Hooefully a Ti-Nitrate coating to the inner fork tubes if I can find a deal. As well as:
Wheels/Hubs,
Triple Clamps,
MX32 Tires (Plz HELP) I Want some Dunlop stickers for them if anyone could help me out!
Chain/Sprockets
ODI Bars and Grips
Red Ti Pegs
Blue Radiator Hoses
PLUS A TON OF OTHER UNLISTED GOODIES. Any Advice or input on the build is always appreciated and Welcomed! Now let's get Started!
Well that parts list really has daddy worried Devin you need to advise me on that you bro some of the stuff you listed doesn't even exist and you can't have odi bars with pro taper levers I mean that's gonna fuck the whole thing up.

You just get hold me if you need professional advise and also I can probably get you a good deal on some that stuff you want.
12/1/2015 10:01pm
Heiny, please help me haha! I love the Pro taper levers but I get a good deal on ODI products. When you say some of the things don't exist I bet you're talking about the Red Ti pegs. Im assuming i can have them powder coated but I may be wrong. Regardless I want to go with a set of Red or possibly blue pegs. Trying to stay with the Flo Yellow, Glossy Red, and maybe a few blue accents on the bike. Thank
You to everyone else for you input! I did some more reading on the anodizing and it looks like it is very easy to trash your fram by doing so. So there's a good chance that is out the window now and I may be just getting a powder coated frame Sad
12/1/2015 11:17pm
Heiny, please help me haha! I love the Pro taper levers but I get a good deal on ODI products. When you say some of the...
Heiny, please help me haha! I love the Pro taper levers but I get a good deal on ODI products. When you say some of the things don't exist I bet you're talking about the Red Ti pegs. Im assuming i can have them powder coated but I may be wrong. Regardless I want to go with a set of Red or possibly blue pegs. Trying to stay with the Flo Yellow, Glossy Red, and maybe a few blue accents on the bike. Thank
You to everyone else for you input! I did some more reading on the anodizing and it looks like it is very easy to trash your fram by doing so. So there's a good chance that is out the window now and I may be just getting a powder coated frame Sad
If your gonna powdercoat Ti pegs it will be a waste considering the main perk of these is that they are super light and powdercoating them is only gonna add weight.
12/2/2015 4:14am
Alright so I bought a 2016 RM-Z 250 the day it was released with full intentions of finally building my dream bike. I plan on building...
Wheels/Hubs,
Triple Clamps,
Chain/Sprockets
ODI Bars and Grips
Red Ti Pegs
Blue Radiator Hoses
Really excited to watch this thread! I bleed suzuki. My suggestion is full hinson clutch kit with clutch cover, moto tassinari air boot, raptor titanium foot pegs, and a really trick over sized front rotor. Maybe galfer superlight tsunami rotor or somthing.
12/2/2015 6:16am
Really excited to watch this thread! I bleed suzuki. My suggestion is full hinson clutch kit with clutch cover, moto tassinari air boot, raptor titanium foot...
Really excited to watch this thread! I bleed suzuki. My suggestion is full hinson clutch kit with clutch cover, moto tassinari air boot, raptor titanium foot pegs, and a really trick over sized front rotor. Maybe galfer superlight tsunami rotor or somthing.
dbrunski125 BINGO! You hit the nail ontop of the head, it's getting a full Hinson clutch, aswell as the Moto Tassinari Air4orce Boot! Glad you're excited about the build, Pulling the motor today! Ill post pics
factory99
12/2/2015 6:40am
Premix wrote:
Ill second SRS Suspension. Not only does Eric know his stuff and will take the time to explain things to you, his prices cannot be beat. He offers hard coatings/anodizing along with TiN/DLC depending on what you are going for. On his instagram page he did a set of fork tubes that look like the factory Suzuki bikes.
12/2/2015 7:29am
Hard anodizing the fork tubes and shock body works brown or whatever color you want and coating lowers and shock shaft in ti nitride would be pretty sick. I'm partial to the factory yellow suzuki rims lol
12/2/2015 7:33am
Really excited to watch this thread! I bleed suzuki. My suggestion is full hinson clutch kit with clutch cover, moto tassinari air boot, raptor titanium foot...
dbrunski125 BINGO! You hit the nail ontop of the head, it's getting a full Hinson clutch, aswell as the Moto Tassinari Air4orce Boot! Glad you're excited...
dbrunski125 BINGO! You hit the nail ontop of the head, it's getting a full Hinson clutch, aswell as the Moto Tassinari Air4orce Boot! Glad you're excited about the build, Pulling the motor today! Ill post pics
Always pumped for suzuki builds. How did you find the new rmz 250? Mxa rips pretty hard on the Rm bikes. They have an awesome platform to build off off. Bit of suspension and motor work and upgrading clutch and brakes and you have an amazing bike.
12/2/2015 8:28am
Right on guys, really appreciating all of the feedback! I have my suspension all figured as far as the coating and internal work, Turbo Speed Tuning will be doing both. And @ dbrunski125 I worked at North End Cycle for some time and have always given them my business for new bikes and parts etc, so I made really good friends with everyone there, my decision was between a 2015 or the 2016. The only reason I wanted to 15 was for the SFF Forks. I was afraid of the new air forks due to all of the negative feedback surround them. But the salesman (Rich) convinced me the 16 was the way to go due to air forks being the wave of the future and sooner or later I will be riding them. So they placed an order and got it almost immediately after it was released and I took it home! Very Happy Customer!
12/2/2015 8:31am
This will be as far as I get today, hopefully I'll be pulling the motor tonight after my garage warms up, I live in Michigan and it just started snowing like crazy so we're going to warm up the garage Wink ab

12/2/2015 8:48am
This will be as far as I get today, hopefully I'll be pulling the motor tonight after my garage warms up, I live in Michigan and...
This will be as far as I get today, hopefully I'll be pulling the motor tonight after my garage warms up, I live in Michigan and it just started snowing like crazy so we're going to warm up the garage Wink ab

Looking good mate. Also I would Def anodize your frame. Lots people on here have gotten good finish anodize cast aluminum pieces. Just make sure it's polished up really nice. So cast/machine parts should all come out even if you ano it black. Plus powder coating your frame will add weight to it. Also it's your project bike so if you want to ano it then do it. Just make sure remove all the steel inserts. Love these builds where people are passionate about what they want to do to their bike.

My rm 125 build thread has just started up here so pay attention to it too haha Wink
mxb2
12/2/2015 9:07am
Dunlop stickers, gotta know someone or be a dunlop backed rider. Lol,

Post a reply to: 2016 RM-Z 250 Privateer Project. Enjoy :)

The Latest