2016 KTM 450SXF Ticking

Wade221
8/16/2016 8:25am
I just moved from SW LA, so can't help ya as far as riding buddy. I feel ya on that 3 hour drive to 3 Palms and Rio, but definitely worth it once you're there. The closest tracks to me (that were open) were Desoto MX and Gravity (tube busting) Alley. What sucks is I lived 5 minutes from Leesville Motorsports Park, but they were only open once a year. When I first moved to LA they were open 7 days a week, but then they cut back to weekends, then occasionally, then once a year or so
8/16/2016 6:49pm
Paw Paw wrote:
I am in NW Louisiana and do make the trip to Three Palms and Rio regularly. I also ride south Louisiana from time to time as...
I am in NW Louisiana and do make the trip to Three Palms and Rio regularly. I also ride south Louisiana from time to time as well as Swan and Red Bug.
What area are you in?

Paw Paw
Been to Three Palms twice, I haven't been to Rio yet. Where in South Louisiana do you ride? Gravity? I'm in the Lake Charles area. We have actually been doing a fair bit of trail riding at Camp Claiborne in Forest Hill. When it's not Tsunami season up there, the trail riding is actually really fun. As of right now though, it is flooded pretty bad up there. Shoot me a PM if y'all want to meet up sometime. I'm not a very good track rider, but I do like to go play around.
8/16/2016 6:52pm
Wade221 wrote:
I just moved from SW LA, so can't help ya as far as riding buddy. I feel ya on that 3 hour drive to 3 Palms...
I just moved from SW LA, so can't help ya as far as riding buddy. I feel ya on that 3 hour drive to 3 Palms and Rio, but definitely worth it once you're there. The closest tracks to me (that were open) were Desoto MX and Gravity (tube busting) Alley. What sucks is I lived 5 minutes from Leesville Motorsports Park, but they were only open once a year. When I first moved to LA they were open 7 days a week, but then they cut back to weekends, then occasionally, then once a year or so
We used to go to Longhorn and Badlands when I was a kid, but they are both closed now. It is really hard to find a good consistent MX track down here. They are either really spotty on the track maintenance or they shut down within a month because someone tries to play Nitro Circus and almost dies..
Wade221
8/16/2016 7:03pm
Badlands was pretty legit. Little over an hour drive for me. I never did understand why it closed. Didn't seem like there was any issues with money or location

The Shop

9/13/2016 11:35am
So be careful of the noise, not sure if it's related yet or not but 6.3 hours and brand new factory edition motor locked up this weekend cruising down a dirt road! Getting it to dealer to see what they say, I'm out of my "30" day warranty but with only 6 hours, come on still new.
9/13/2016 8:16pm
Dang man, that sucks.. Keep us posted on what you find. I've heard KTM's support is very good, so hopefully they will take care of you.
dereka15
9/13/2016 9:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2016 9:53pm
I think these new motors just have loud valve train, my buddys 16 sx450f and a customers 16 husky fc450f, both had a loud ticking sound. One thing to check, it appears the valve shims wear out and actually increase valve clearances which would cause them to be loud, this happened on both bikes mentioned at only 20hrs, clearances were loose by .10mm all around, wound up putting new shims in the same size as those taken out and clearances were in spec. Go figure? Even after adjusting the valves they were still fairly loud.
10/7/2016 5:35am
So just picked bike up from dealer, full rebuild top/bottom. Complete engine failure with 6 hrs. Ktm picked up cost thank god!!! Not to sure any other manufacturers would have done this. No one knew why or weren't saying the cause. Still makes slight ticking sound but doesn't seem to be as loud as before. Still a mystery to me. But damn this bike is sweet!!
10/7/2016 6:35am
So just picked bike up from dealer, full rebuild top/bottom. Complete engine failure with 6 hrs. Ktm picked up cost thank god!!! Not to sure any...
So just picked bike up from dealer, full rebuild top/bottom. Complete engine failure with 6 hrs. Ktm picked up cost thank god!!! Not to sure any other manufacturers would have done this. No one knew why or weren't saying the cause. Still makes slight ticking sound but doesn't seem to be as loud as before. Still a mystery to me. But damn this bike is sweet!!
Awesome man! Glad they took care of you! Like I said, I have heard KTM bends over backwards for their customers. I'm glad they came through for you. My bike is actually for sale now... I don't have the time to spend with her, so she's gotta go. Going to try to pick up a Super Duke or even a Duke for my next bike. With the lack of MX tracks around here, it doesn't make sense to me to keep the bike. So, if you guys know anyone looking for a near new bike for a good price, send em my way.

Post a reply to: 2016 KTM 450SXF Ticking

The Latest