2016 KTM 350 SX-F TPS adjustment?

3/11/2016 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2016 12:08pm
So I've bought a wiring harness extender that I can plug in to the TPS on my '16 350 SX-F but looking at the throttle body I have absolutely no idea how to plug it in and then which bit is the TPS that I need to adjust. It doesn't look like any of the examples online which all seem to be XC types. Any help greatly appreciated.

BTW, I want to tweak the TPS setting as the bike's been a dog to cold start from day one - often having to bump it. Uuuurgh!!

Cheers
Simon
|
Crush
3/11/2016 7:29pm
Go to Youtube bud, there are vids on it including from the guy who made the TPS Tool... Pretty easy, good if you have an hr metre that also shows revs/tach first...
3/11/2016 7:50pm
Thanks, that's exactly what I did but my bike seems totally different to those examples. I can't even see where the TPS plug is and the manual, of course, is as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Cheers
Simon
3/12/2016 12:08pm
So I worked out how to adjust the TPS on my bike. Given it was such a PITA I thought I'd share it here in case anyone else wants to do the same.

I removed the tank and the triangular engine support bracket on the left side of the bike. The TPS is under the pretty big black plastic cover held on the left side of the throttle body with two screws. To remove the cover I had to loosen the throttle body rubber boot clamps on both the front and back of the body to get access to the rear screw. Then you can twist the body down so you can get a screwdriver in to get the rear screw on the black plastic TPS cover. With the cover off the connector comes off easily by pressing the tab and pulling it out. I could then connect my TPS tool which then worked great. Oh, and you then loosen the two torx bolts holding the TPS - and, again, you have to twist the throttle body right the way around to access the rearmost bolt.

Cheers
Simon

locky
12/8/2016 5:50am
Hi did the TPS adjustment make any difference to the running of the bike?

The Shop

12/8/2016 1:28pm
Made no difference at all because the running issues were because of a faulty condenser bracket which, in turn, made the condenser fail under load. KTM replaced it under warranty as it was a recall.
Cheers
Simon

Post a reply to: 2016 KTM 350 SX-F TPS adjustment?

The Latest