2015 crf 250 clutch question.

gharmon
I've installed to springs and clutches (discs and plates) and it still slips. There isn't any notches in the basket but it still slips? Any ideas? Aftermarket clutch kit with stock parts otherwise?
|
Paw Paw
8/24/2016 9:33am
Cable adjusted correctly?
Correct oil being used?

Paw Paw
j368
8/24/2016 7:19pm
Is the Judder Spring still in the basket? Or are you using an extra plate?
8/25/2016 5:58am
I have a hinson clutch plate and springs kit in my 2015 250. Don't slip att all now.

The rest of the clutch parts is oem.

Engine:
Hot cams stage 2 camshaft
Bud racing high compression piston
Tokyomods ecu
Akrapovic exhaust
Twin air filters with drilled airbox and no backfire screen.
gharmon
8/27/2016 8:41am
I have a hinson clutch plate and springs kit in my 2015 250. Don't slip att all now. The rest of the clutch parts is oem...
I have a hinson clutch plate and springs kit in my 2015 250. Don't slip att all now.

Engine:
Tokyomods ecu
Akrapovic exhaust
it just recently started this shit, the oem lasted forever. The judder spring is gone and an extra plate in there.

Okay lets be clear on that. I don't think it's an extra plate in the for real. It comes factory with 8 discs with the first one being a little thinner to accommodate the judder spring. Basically all you do it remove the first plate and the judder spring with a regular sized disc correct? There is still 8 in there it's just all 8 are now exactly the same.

I cant really narrow down with this started. just put another brand new Tusk competition kit in there. I know tusk is not the best name brand but I've used them before with no issue so I don't think that's the problem. He installed the brand new today at the race and says it's still the same. We put some older heavy duty springs in there the other day and it quite slipping but he said the clutch pull was a much harder pull and figured it would just lead to faster arm pump. May just have to tough it out!!

Paw Paw, the manual just calls for regular ole Honda oil. What do you use? Anything I can buy local?

Thanks Guys

The Shop

Paw Paw
8/27/2016 11:58am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2016 12:00pm
I have a hinson clutch plate and springs kit in my 2015 250. Don't slip att all now. The rest of the clutch parts is oem...

Engine:
Tokyomods ecu
Akrapovic exhaust
gharmon wrote:
it just recently started this shit, the oem lasted forever. The judder spring is gone and an extra plate in there. Okay lets be clear on...
it just recently started this shit, the oem lasted forever. The judder spring is gone and an extra plate in there.

Okay lets be clear on that. I don't think it's an extra plate in the for real. It comes factory with 8 discs with the first one being a little thinner to accommodate the judder spring. Basically all you do it remove the first plate and the judder spring with a regular sized disc correct? There is still 8 in there it's just all 8 are now exactly the same.

I cant really narrow down with this started. just put another brand new Tusk competition kit in there. I know tusk is not the best name brand but I've used them before with no issue so I don't think that's the problem. He installed the brand new today at the race and says it's still the same. We put some older heavy duty springs in there the other day and it quite slipping but he said the clutch pull was a much harder pull and figured it would just lead to faster arm pump. May just have to tough it out!!

Paw Paw, the manual just calls for regular ole Honda oil. What do you use? Anything I can buy local?

Thanks Guys
RE: Oil....I just wanted to be sure you are using a "wet clutch oil". FYI: I use Shell Rotella T6 5W40 and love it, but here again everyone has their own oil preference.
Why not just put the judder spring back in and see if works better.
Also, my parts book shows that there should be 8 fibers plus the 2 different judder springs in place. Try it!

Paw Paw
gharmon
8/28/2016 11:18am
Paw paw, I guess it was the damn oil. Bought that stuff you mentioned at walmart and running good now. Who whoulda thunk it! Thank guys
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
8/29/2016 8:50pm
Are you soaking the fibers in oil before installation ? If not you should be.
gharmon
8/30/2016 2:03am
jhansen510 wrote:
Are you soaking the fibers in oil before installation ? If not you should be.
yes they are always soaked.

Post a reply to: 2015 crf 250 clutch question.

The Latest