2015+ YZ Clutch perch and lever

Skerby
4/29/2016 5:01pm
The new perch is threaded so I don't think it even has an adjuster nut. Im gonna order the cable bolt and let you guys know how it goes. Fingers crossed, lol.
4/30/2016 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2016 5:18am
They use to include the jam nut with the adjuster bolt (2 pieces-1 number)
PDiddy241
5/2/2016 10:18am
I put an older-style clutch perch/lever assembly on my 2015 YZ. Yamaha changed every single piece. Either perch/lever assembly will work on newer/olders YZs but you won't be able to mix and match.
cwtoyota
5/4/2016 7:21am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2016 7:25am
Skerby wrote:
Has anyone converted an older YZ to the new perch and lever? I purchased a clutch lever for a 2015 because I thought they were unchanged...
Has anyone converted an older YZ to the new perch and lever?

I purchased a clutch lever for a 2015 because I thought they were unchanged, I was wrong. Ended up buying the new perch, wasn't even halfway there yet; bought the rubber adjuster unit, still no good. I need the bolt that goes on the end of the cable and extends into the perch for sure...20$! Also probably need the nut that goes on that bolt lol I am so frustrated with this thing, All I wanted was a new lever and now Im close to 100$ deep into converting to the new style.

Im too deep to give up now but I can't find the adjuster nut listed anywhere.
I had a '14 YZ450F for a little while and I noticed the perch and lever weren't compatible with my two-smokes.

I noticed that the '14 and later perch has a stop-screw in it. That is a cool feature for my shorter fingers.
EDIT* Looks like the updated lever & perch assembly were from 2009+ on the YZ450F.

There is no jamb-nut (steel cone shaped nut) on the new style. Instead, the rubber boot turns the cable adjuster which threads directly into the perch.

The threads are a better design on the new one and it weighs a little less.
Don't forget to grab the stop-screw and nut #'s 7 and 6 on this diagram:
You need all of the parts I circled in red to switch to the new style...

The Shop

5/5/2016 4:58am
cwtoyota wrote:
I had a '14 YZ450F for a little while and I noticed the perch and lever weren't compatible with my two-smokes. I noticed that the '14...
I had a '14 YZ450F for a little while and I noticed the perch and lever weren't compatible with my two-smokes.

I noticed that the '14 and later perch has a stop-screw in it. That is a cool feature for my shorter fingers.
EDIT* Looks like the updated lever & perch assembly were from 2009+ on the YZ450F.

There is no jamb-nut (steel cone shaped nut) on the new style. Instead, the rubber boot turns the cable adjuster which threads directly into the perch.

The threads are a better design on the new one and it weighs a little less.
Don't forget to grab the stop-screw and nut #'s 7 and 6 on this diagram:
You need all of the parts I circled in red to switch to the new style...

Would I need an updated cable to do this or just the parts circled?

I am on a 2010 YZ250.
cwtoyota
5/5/2016 9:32am
Your cable should be fine, but you need that rubber adjuster boot #12 in the diagram.

Don't forget #'s 10 and 9, the screws changed from 5mm to 6mm diameter, so the old screws won't work in the later perch.

Post a reply to: 2015+ YZ Clutch perch and lever

The Latest