2015 KX250f suspension settings for a 200lb vet

Edited Date/Time 5/17/2015 3:01pm
Hello Race shop dudes. I just about have my '15 Kawi 250f broken in (5hrs of ride time) I am working on fine tuning the suspension without having valving done. I struggled last year at the Old Timer Nat at Washougal in the 40A class and it was partly due to my suspenders not being set up properly. I just tried the MXA recommended settings and it works ok but still feels a little harsh. I weigh in at 200lbs. Anyone have any settings that are working for them or advice? Just to be clear, it's working pretty good, I am just going for that extra level of comfort to get the most I can out of the bike.
BTW, the bike rips! It pulls me really well and I am very happy with it, which I was with the '13 model as well.
|
ianhendry46
5/17/2015 9:48am
Well without revolving, you will at very least need a spring change to compensate for the extra weight. 250fs come spring for people who weigh around 160
Paw Paw 271
5/17/2015 2:58pm
If the springs are not correct you will be riding in the wrong part of the suspension stroke and the bike will feel harsh.
You can go to racetech.com and use the spring rate finder for you and your bike. Install the correct springs, set the sag and see where you are at then.

Paw Paw
5/17/2015 3:01pm
If the springs are not correct you will be riding in the wrong part of the suspension stroke and the bike will feel harsh. You can...
If the springs are not correct you will be riding in the wrong part of the suspension stroke and the bike will feel harsh.
You can go to racetech.com and use the spring rate finder for you and your bike. Install the correct springs, set the sag and see where you are at then.

Paw Paw
Thanks Paw, I did go on there the other day and it sounds like My fork springs are a tad stiff(weird) and the rear spring could bump up one.

Post a reply to: 2015 KX250f suspension settings for a 200lb vet

The Latest