2013 kx250f suspension set up help

Manny555
7/7/2015 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2015 4:23am
Hey guys new on here but need help setting my suspension front and rear on my bike im a beginner/intermediate rider weigh 130lbs I got a lowering link on my bike. This sff fork is something new to me and most people around me so any help would be great stuff below is what im trying to find out thanks
spring rate:
Oil height:
Compression:
Rebound:
Preload adjuster:
Fork leg height:
|
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
7/7/2015 9:16pm
Do you have the owners manual? My recommendation would be to read that if you do because one thing it does do a good job with is going through the suspension settings and adjustments. Spring rate is primarily based on weight and skill/speed. The bike is probably a little over sprung for you if it has the stock springs.

One thing to note if you get different spring rates, there is a huge difference between a beginner and intermediate skill level in motocross.
Manny555
7/7/2015 9:20pm
731chopper wrote:
Do you have the owners manual? My recommendation would be to read that if you do because one thing it does do a good job with...
Do you have the owners manual? My recommendation would be to read that if you do because one thing it does do a good job with is going through the suspension settings and adjustments. Spring rate is primarily based on weight and skill/speed. The bike is probably a little over sprung for you if it has the stock springs.

One thing to note if you get different spring rates, there is a huge difference between a beginner and intermediate skill level in motocross.
No manual but I do have a friend with a 2014 manual. And the bike does feel really stick.
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
7/7/2015 9:30pm
I have a '14 250f so that is the manual I'm referring to specifically. I think the suspension is the same on your '13 so it should be what you need. It does a good job at telling you what to set the race sag at, what changing the fork height in the clamps does, etc.
karlz
7/8/2015 4:23am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2015 4:28am
Manny555 wrote:
Hey guys new on here but need help setting my suspension front and rear on my bike im a beginner/intermediate rider weigh 130lbs I got a...
Hey guys new on here but need help setting my suspension front and rear on my bike im a beginner/intermediate rider weigh 130lbs I got a lowering link on my bike. This sff fork is something new to me and most people around me so any help would be great stuff below is what im trying to find out thanks
spring rate:
Oil height:
Compression:
Rebound:
Preload adjuster:
Fork leg height:
Hi I would suggest 8,4n/mm in the forks, but the rear spring is more difficult to suggest for as you have changed the link. If you have the std link I would go for a 48n/mm.

Post a reply to: 2013 kx250f suspension set up help

The Latest