2013 KXF250 exhaust

Flip109
Have a bone stock 2013 kxf250. Pretty sure the engine was made from a vagina. Not quite sure. Laughing Anwayz. What is the best exhaust out there for these bikes or any other bolt on performance to wake this kitten up? Don't really want to get into heavy engine mods. 250fs are already unreliable as it is. Thanks in advance for any advice.
|
mxb2
10/22/2016 8:41am
Remap, slip on, vp t4 or u4.4, or renegade sx4 fuels
rrjr
10/22/2016 11:21am
I run a DrD set-up with the carbon fiber silencer on my sons 2013 kxf250. He says it feels more responsive down low and gives the bike more over rev. Their customer service is the best in the business. A year after I bought the system I found a small crack in the head pipe. I called their help line and they said send it in and we'll take a look at it. They sent me a whole new pipe even though mine was well past the warranty.
I also removed the backfire screen from the airbox.

What coupler are you using?

Unless your engine has been modded and you've increased the compression there is no reason to run race fuel.

When I rebuilt the engine the last time I went all out and went with a 265 kit, stage 2 hotcams and sent the head to Tom Morgan Racing for porting and upgraded valves and springs along with copper seats. Even with all those mods I still run 92 pump gas. I have over 30 hours on this set-up with no problems.
mxb2
10/22/2016 11:32am
rrjr wrote:
I run a DrD set-up with the carbon fiber silencer on my sons 2013 kxf250. He says it feels more responsive down low and gives the...
I run a DrD set-up with the carbon fiber silencer on my sons 2013 kxf250. He says it feels more responsive down low and gives the bike more over rev. Their customer service is the best in the business. A year after I bought the system I found a small crack in the head pipe. I called their help line and they said send it in and we'll take a look at it. They sent me a whole new pipe even though mine was well past the warranty.

Unless your engine has been modded and you've increased the compression there is no reason to run race fuel.

When I rebuilt the engine the last time I went all out and went with a 265 kit, stage 2 hotcams and sent the head to Tom Morgan Racing for porting and upgraded valves and springs along with copper seats. Even with all those mods I still run 92 pump gas. I have over 30 hours on this set-up with no problems.
The fuels I mentioned are for stock engines. More consistent than pump fuel.
rrjr
10/22/2016 1:44pm
mxb2 wrote:
I know what you mean about pump fuel. Here in California you have to be real careful about where to get gas. Some stations use a lot of ethanol.

The Shop

mxb2
10/22/2016 1:50pm
mxb2 wrote:
rrjr wrote:
I know what you mean about pump fuel. Here in California you have to be real careful about where to get gas. Some stations use a...
I know what you mean about pump fuel. Here in California you have to be real careful about where to get gas. Some stations use a lot of ethanol.
Same here man. Good fuel is consistent, bike runs better. Of course more $$.
Flip109
10/24/2016 7:00am
rrjr wrote:
I run a DrD set-up with the carbon fiber silencer on my sons 2013 kxf250. He says it feels more responsive down low and gives the...

It's got the green coupler on it. Do you have the full Dr. d exhaust or just the slip on? I don't plan on modding it. But I'm bout to put a top end in it. Any suggestions?
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
10/24/2016 7:18am
The white coupler is the more aggressive setting.
Flip109
10/24/2016 7:33am
731chopper wrote:
The white coupler is the more aggressive setting.
Oh ok. I need to try that asap. In the manual it just says select for dirt type. So didn't know How much of a difference it would make.

731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
10/24/2016 10:49am
I had a '14 and didn't notice much when I switched the coupler. I thought the motor was excellent though for a stock engine. I rode a KTM 15.5 factory edition 250f and while that bike cornered better in my opinion in tight turns, I preferred the motor in the Kawi.
Flip109
10/24/2016 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 10/24/2016 2:32pm
731chopper wrote:
I had a '14 and didn't notice much when I switched the coupler. I thought the motor was excellent though for a stock engine. I rode...
I had a '14 and didn't notice much when I switched the coupler. I thought the motor was excellent though for a stock engine. I rode a KTM 15.5 factory edition 250f and while that bike cornered better in my opinion in tight turns, I preferred the motor in the Kawi.
Hmm well what has me chasing power is my buddy has a 12' RMZ250 that is all stock, except for a yoshi exhaust system. And his bike is head and shoulders better than mine off the bottom. Like it's ridiculously better. So I'm guessing maybe it's his pipe? In shootouts those years I don't think the rmz was that much more powerful stock.
10/24/2016 3:59pm
Before you start comparing power how many hours on your bike? How many hours since the valves adjusted or even checked?
Flip109
10/25/2016 5:01am
Before you start comparing power how many hours on your bike? How many hours since the valves adjusted or even checked?
I am not sure on the exact hours of the bike. I bought it from a local kid who literally just ran it around his farm. It had never seen an mx track. If I had to guess I'd say it had maybe 15 or so hours on it. It still had stock grips chain and sprockets on it. Matter of fact I am still running the stock sprockets because they still had so much life left. It starts like a champ hot or cold so can't imagine it has valve problems? Correct me if I could be wrong..

I am ordering a top end kit for it now. I have read on other threads about the stock piston cracking on the 13's. So wanna get that taken care of. Will make sure the valves are all in spec.

Any info or advice on what kind of piston to go with? How are the high compression pistons? Pros/cons.. I'll take longevity over power so was just gonna go back with a stock.
mjr119
10/25/2016 7:58am
No exhaust that I've found makes more power than the stock set up. Yes my bike was dynoed.

With that being said, I am running a FMF 4.1 carbon slip on with the stock header. this makes the most power of all aftermarket combos (but slightly less than stock stock). The Megabomb header showed no improvement over stock. The FMF slip on saves weight and looks better. That's why I chose it over stock.

My bike is ported and remapped for race fuel. A remap and good fuel will be the best bang for your buck.
Flip109
10/25/2016 9:24am
mjr119 wrote:
No exhaust that I've found makes more power than the stock set up. Yes my bike was dynoed. With that being said, I am running a...
No exhaust that I've found makes more power than the stock set up. Yes my bike was dynoed.

With that being said, I am running a FMF 4.1 carbon slip on with the stock header. this makes the most power of all aftermarket combos (but slightly less than stock stock). The Megabomb header showed no improvement over stock. The FMF slip on saves weight and looks better. That's why I chose it over stock.

My bike is ported and remapped for race fuel. A remap and good fuel will be the best bang for your buck.
Really wow! Thanks for the info!

Post a reply to: 2013 KXF250 exhaust

The Latest