2008 RM125. the Re- Rebuild is underway.

shuggs
4/29/2018 4:00am
Jesus!!! Ankle looks a sore one, hope the recovery is not too bad
Slosh 112
5/1/2018 2:39am
shuggs wrote:
Jesus!!! Ankle looks a sore one, hope the recovery is not too bad
Thanks mate. Recovery is slow and boring, if all goes good I'll be doing physio next week and hopefully back at work on light duties the week after.
Spydee
5/1/2018 10:17am
Oh man I feel for you, more so for your troubles with the frames than your dodgy ankle Sad

Chin up though dude, you'll get that RM back on track and I'm sure you'll have fun doing it! Oh and take care of yourself also! Hope you heal up quick.
12/1/2018 10:58pm
What size boss did you use to mount the stabilizer? I'm going to put one on my bike. I have the 2018 RMZ ride 22mm clamps with the 125 stem pressed in. Any advice on this mod is appreciated. I couldn't see what you did for the bump stops in your photos? I have a 2001 RM 125 and was thinking about getting a 2005-2008 frame to run the updated linkage and master cylinder rear brake. Do you know if the pipe mounts are different looks like something is different cause they have different part numbers with all the major pipe companies?

The Shop

Slosh 112
12/6/2018 2:16am
What size boss did you use to mount the stabilizer? I'm going to put one on my bike. I have the 2018 RMZ ride 22mm clamps...
What size boss did you use to mount the stabilizer? I'm going to put one on my bike. I have the 2018 RMZ ride 22mm clamps with the 125 stem pressed in. Any advice on this mod is appreciated. I couldn't see what you did for the bump stops in your photos? I have a 2001 RM 125 and was thinking about getting a 2005-2008 frame to run the updated linkage and master cylinder rear brake. Do you know if the pipe mounts are different looks like something is different cause they have different part numbers with all the major pipe companies?
I just turned up a small boss the same diameter as the mount that comes with the HPSD, I messaged Ride Engineering about setting it up and Im sure they said to set it so that it is 2 or 3 mm off full extension and compression far as the distance for the mounting boss on the head stem tube, I must have deleted the email they sent me about it but i remember them being pretty quick to get to me about it so just hit them up.

I didn't do anything with the bump stops when i really should have as it has a bit too much lock to lock but when i rebuild it i will make a KTM/Husky style stopper that will contact the clamp somewhere. As far as the pipe mounts go I have both the last gen frame and the gen before that so when i get home i will endeavour to get them down and compare them.

I have a lot more spare time now with a new job so after i get the husky ready for the new race season i will have time to start working on the RM again but this time i will do things a little nicer and probably more cool stuff.
12/6/2018 6:54pm
What size boss did you use to mount the stabilizer? I'm going to put one on my bike. I have the 2018 RMZ ride 22mm clamps...
Slosh 112 wrote:
I just turned up a small boss the same diameter as the mount that comes with the HPSD, I messaged Ride Engineering about setting it up...
I just turned up a small boss the same diameter as the mount that comes with the HPSD, I messaged Ride Engineering about setting it up and Im sure they said to set it so that it is 2 or 3 mm off full extension and compression far as the distance for the mounting boss on the head stem tube, I must have deleted the email they sent me about it but i remember them being pretty quick to get to me about it so just hit them up.

I didn't do anything with the bump stops when i really should have as it has a bit too much lock to lock but when i rebuild it i will make a KTM/Husky style stopper that will contact the clamp somewhere. As far as the pipe mounts go I have both the last gen frame and the gen before that so when i get home i will endeavour to get them down and compare them.

I have a lot more spare time now with a new job so after i get the husky ready for the new race season i will have time to start working on the RM again but this time i will do things a little nicer and probably more cool stuff.
Thanks for the info!
Brentyancich
12/12/2018 3:58am
Very nice build . Hope you ankle injury and frame headaches are resolved soon .
brody
12/29/2018 9:04pm
any updates
Slosh 112
12/30/2018 2:34pm
brody wrote:
any updates
Not yet, I'm in the process of getting ready for the 2019 local race season so my primary bike (2018 TC250) is getting a birthday. once that its finished i will strip the 125 down and get it ripping. Thanks for the interest.
brody
12/30/2018 5:43pm
Ok cool love the rm builds
I will be starting mine soon

How the ankle
Slosh 112
5/16/2019 6:25am
Ok very long time between posts, new job, new house and amongst all that two friends and I have started our own Motocross suspension & mechanical business. But with jobs coming through the door with relative regularity I thought its was probably best to finish one of my own projects off and free cup some storage and floor space.

So the New frame got the HPSD mount welded on, sand blast and painted in an epoxy two pack, (I've done my time with shitty powder coating jobs) this two pack is an industrial pain that is its own primer, its very popular with trucking companies as its very resistant to stone chipping and damage. I did both the 125 and my 18 TC250 frame at the same time in same colour.

So straight after the frames were painted I set about building up my TC, seeing as it is my primary bike and needed a freshen up for the new season. I think it came up bloody nice! not going to derail this thread too much with my other projects but I'm too proud!! More pics on my instagram...

Anyway after that there were a few weeks of VRP jobs, a race weekend and just general laziness but now its the RM's turn. I framed the bike and basically started rebuilding it almost straight away seeing as I had all of the parts ready to go besides a few things. My Fiancé' gave me a hand with the initial tear down.

The frame was just getting worse, should have gotten a pic of the bottom side of the frame rails, they were pretty much gone.

Noticed that the rubber boots for the Renthal inteilli-levers had deteriorated after so long sitting there, been almost 3 years I think since I first built this bike.

With the engine coming on 7 hrs since a total rebuild I decided to put a new ring on the piston just to make it to 10hrs before I throw in the new Wossner piston, I also went the full hog for the reed cage this time and shouted her a V-Force 3 and yes I'm keeping the spiked cylinder head nuts! The big Wossner is for our Drag racing 300sx...

This is the progress as at this afternoon. I'm aiming to have her fully assembled and running by the end of the day tomorrow, I'm only going to be waiting on the new rubber boots for the levers from Renthal, a sticker kit and the parts to rebuild the suspension. The suspension is just getting new fork seals (all the bushes are only 7 hrs old), the shock will cop a legit Teflon/copper coated shock piston band From K-Tech to replace the crappy stock plastic band as well as their super cool lockable preload adjustment collar, its comes with a thrust bearing and looks like a super neat bit of gear and can't wait to get it on. We will also Vacuum bleed the shock because we didn't have a vacuum bleeder back when I built the first time. Im going to ride it before we do any valving changes so we can see what we want to do with it first. I'm unsure on what to do with the graphics kit but its getting a new look plus I have a new number now anyway, kind of just want to go very simple and just ride the thing.

Joyner41
Fantasy
1783rd
5/16/2019 7:25am
Pumped to see some progress on the one-two-fiver again Slosh!! Anxious to see her all dialed in and running again.
Brett evans
9/2/2021 4:49am
Slosh 112 wrote:
Ok so I got my last batch of anodising back, its unreal. Came out just as I envisioned, Got the hubs, triple clamps, engine cases, power...
Ok so I got my last batch of anodising back, its unreal. Came out just as I envisioned, Got the hubs, triple clamps, engine cases, power valve covers, subframe, water pump cover and cylinder head done in hard ano black. I got the wheel spacers (originally they were gold) redone in blue along with the chain guard, top engine mounts and exhaust hanger.

So I did a quick mock up of the engine to see what it would look like, to see if I would like it. Theres nothing inside but all the bolts for the engine are the original ones that have been replaced, look really nice and about half the price of buying new hardware from suzuki.

Love that colour for the cases 👍👍
Rickyisms
9/2/2021 8:45am
Those spiked cylinder head nuts are super cool!

Post a reply to: 2008 RM125. the Re- Rebuild is underway.

The Latest