2005 Suzuki Ozark 250 carb problem

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
Edited Date/Time 9/29/2014 8:52pm
I purchased it used. Ran great and was just serviced. Used it for over a year. Then I let the 4 wheeler sit for a year. I can open the air box and it be dry, then start for one minute and wont idle, and air box will have a half inch of gas in the air box. Any one have experience with this 4 wheeler that would be willing to give some info on? I used it at a moto track for flaggers to get around. That is why i want it back running again. Any info would be great! Thanks
|
Paw Paw 271
7/24/2014 2:46pm
Float stuck? or not sealing?
Have you cleaned the carb?
Our current fuels leave a heavy deposit inside the carb after it sets for as little as 2 weeks. After a year you will find a lot of crap in the carb.

Paw Paw
rallendude
7/25/2014 8:21pm
I believe this quad has a vacuum operated petcock on the tank. The bladder in the petcock is bad. It is allowing the vacuum line from the intake to pull fuel straight from the tank on the dry side of the petcock. Had it happen years ago on a similar quad.
motofab36
7/26/2014 11:30am
I agree the petcock is likely your problem. The Suzuki "on, reserve, Prime" vacuum operated petcock suck. The old 250 and 300 quadrunners were bad about when the diaphragm in the petcock would go bad, gas would run through the vacuum hose witch is on the front side of the carb and would fill the crankcase with gas
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
9/29/2014 7:53am
I finally cleaned out the card with no change. As iv searched around it looks like you have to go back with a vacuum style petcock. Has anyone been able to go with a standard on off reserve petcock?

The Shop

9/29/2014 11:02am
imoto34 wrote:
I found this on ebay. Says that all you have to do is seal the vacuum port on the carb. If thats the case could i...
I found this on ebay. Says that all you have to do is seal the vacuum port on the carb. If thats the case could i just seal that off with my current petcock?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Ozark-LTF-250-Replacement-Fuel-Valve-Gas…
That wouldn't work if you have a vacuum carb, you would still need a line from the engine to the carb. Most vacuum lines would have a "T"with a line going to the carb and the other going to the fuel valve. Take the fuel valve to a older larger dealer and see if they can find a manual fuel valve from an older bike and get it. Another way is to find a nipple that you could screw on to the fuel tank then get a in-line fuel valve at a small engine/lawn mower shop.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
9/29/2014 8:52pm
imoto34 wrote:
I found this on ebay. Says that all you have to do is seal the vacuum port on the carb. If thats the case could i...
I found this on ebay. Says that all you have to do is seal the vacuum port on the carb. If thats the case could i just seal that off with my current petcock?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Ozark-LTF-250-Replacement-Fuel-Valve-Gas…
That wouldn't work if you have a vacuum carb, you would still need a line from the engine to the carb. Most vacuum lines would have...
That wouldn't work if you have a vacuum carb, you would still need a line from the engine to the carb. Most vacuum lines would have a "T"with a line going to the carb and the other going to the fuel valve. Take the fuel valve to a older larger dealer and see if they can find a manual fuel valve from an older bike and get it. Another way is to find a nipple that you could screw on to the fuel tank then get a in-line fuel valve at a small engine/lawn mower shop.
I ordered the part before i came back to see your post. The seller of the petcock said that he has the same atv and did the same fix, and actually shipped the part to me without me paying until i seen it work for my self! So unless the dude is full of shit or enjoys giving shit away, ill be able to give an update first of the week. I work weekends so i should be able to get to it Sunday afternoon then ill give an update. Its the time here in TN to have a extra four wheeler sitting around
luvyab1ue
5/10/2020 2:29pm
So I have the same problem did the eBay petcock work? Did you have to get a diff petcock with the vacuum side!

Post a reply to: 2005 Suzuki Ozark 250 carb problem

The Latest