2004 KX250 2 smoke questions??

G Force
Edited Date/Time 12/5/2012 10:52am
I am interested in buying one from a kid, its thrashed, and the bottom end is locked up. Yes, its a project, and if I can get a good deal, it will be worth the restore.

How was the bike? Handling? Powerband? (green) : )

Was it a top end bike? Bottom? Rideable?

Recommended mods?

Any known problems or things to look for from that era?

How did it compare to the Honda, Yamaha?

Thanks
|
12/3/2012 5:57pm
I had a 2006 for a year and the engine in that bike was amazing but the overall handling was really iffy. the rear end was to high so it always wanted to lay over in corners and the suspension on that bike was really rough. Im sure if had the money to get the suspension revalved it could have been an awesome bike though. Other than that I really enjoyed the bike.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
12/3/2012 10:41pm
Bottom and mid monster! Those bikes had kind of a flat top end........great motor, fun, but like said above the handling wasn't the best, also the cockpit was pretty cramped on that bike, liked riders 5'9 and shorter.
12/4/2012 3:09pm
Bottom and mid monster! Those bikes had kind of a flat top end........great motor, fun, but like said above the handling wasn't the best, also the...
Bottom and mid monster! Those bikes had kind of a flat top end........great motor, fun, but like said above the handling wasn't the best, also the cockpit was pretty cramped on that bike, liked riders 5'9 and shorter.
Im 6'5 and I definitely felt out of place on that bike.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
12/4/2012 3:57pm
Bottom and mid monster! Those bikes had kind of a flat top end........great motor, fun, but like said above the handling wasn't the best, also the...
Im 6'5 and I definitely felt out of place on that bike.
yeah,.....im 6'3', had the tallest seat foam they made for it with clamps with the tall bar mounts, it made it work , but not ideal by any means.

The Shop

G Force
12/4/2012 5:45pm
All good info..!! Thanks!

What about Parts? I see stuff (accessories) for 05-09 bikes, what is different about the 04?

Will KXF wheels interchange?
12/5/2012 10:52am
G Force wrote:
All good info..!! Thanks!

What about Parts? I see stuff (accessories) for 05-09 bikes, what is different about the 04?

Will KXF wheels interchange?
not sure about the wheels interchanging. But if you have the money I would definitely get an aftermarket linkage arm to lower the back end a little bit and get the suspension revalved. My kx250 would have been an awesome bike if I had the money at the time to get those two things done.

Post a reply to: 2004 KX250 2 smoke questions??

The Latest