2003 Suzuki rear fender crack

Eversole
Edited Date/Time 7/10/2015 4:59pm
On my 2003 RM250 I purchased from someone, it has a crack on the rear fender. It probably happened from grabbing the fender to lift the rear. So, went to fleabay and noticed a lot of used rear fenders were cracked near the same area, again probably lifting the bike from the rear fender.

Does anyone have any cleaver ideas how to prevent this from happening again in the future? If I get an after market fender, I would hate for it to crack too.

Thanks in advance.

|
Cancerman
7/8/2015 6:42pm
I had one crack in that spot on my RM125, but that was when it was layed down at speed, the bike spun on the ground, and the fender dug in while spining. The lift crack is usually on the right hand side.
NHtoWA421
7/8/2015 8:37pm
Lean forward when you pop the clutch Wink

But really, buy a new one, dont loop it, and be sure to pick up the bike from the subframe to set it on the stand.

However, strange things will happen. For instance, one time i came up short on a triple, i hit face first into the ground, the bike meanwhile flipped 3 times in the air and landed rear end first on my own ass. Pretty sure that fender tip went through my b-hole and touched my d-head. Broke the fender one inch from the tip AND in the spot you showed. Holy hell did that hurt. Couldnt sit for a week. Lol
mxb2
7/8/2015 8:38pm
Eversole wrote:
On my 2003 RM250 I purchased from someone, it has a crack on the rear fender. It probably happened from grabbing the fender to lift the...
On my 2003 RM250 I purchased from someone, it has a crack on the rear fender. It probably happened from grabbing the fender to lift the rear. So, went to fleabay and noticed a lot of used rear fenders were cracked near the same area, again probably lifting the bike from the rear fender.

Does anyone have any cleaver ideas how to prevent this from happening again in the future? If I get an after market fender, I would hate for it to crack too.

Thanks in advance.

Use a different type stand or quit picking it up that way, plenty other ways to pick it up.
Eversole
7/9/2015 5:57pm
As per the comments above, maybe the owner I bought the bike from crashed and that's how the crack got there. I only pick up the back to put it in storage and I still have not even had a chance to ride it. When I bought it from the previous owner, he had blown the piston while racing it when it was too lean.

The jug is on its way back from Millennium Technologies. It needed welding, plating and a deck job. Can't wait to ride again, it's been a long time. Last time I raced was in the late 70s at De Anza Cycle Park.

The Shop

BAMX
7/10/2015 12:32pm
I have an 02 125 and 06 250 and I owned an 03 RM 250 for 4 years. They all have the same fender and I haven't had any issues. My guess is that the previous owner pulled a Larry Loopout on it.
Eversole
7/10/2015 4:59pm
BAMX wrote:
I have an 02 125 and 06 250 and I owned an 03 RM 250 for 4 years. They all have the same fender and I...
I have an 02 125 and 06 250 and I owned an 03 RM 250 for 4 years. They all have the same fender and I haven't had any issues. My guess is that the previous owner pulled a Larry Loopout on it.
LOL, that reminds me when I asked him, "How did the rear fender get cracked", he didn't answer and quietly looked the other way.

Post a reply to: 2003 Suzuki rear fender crack

The Latest