09 crf 450 no spark

86honda
7/23/2012 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2012 6:47am
rode for about an hour and I started stalling in the turns (more than usuall) I went in adjusted the idle and ir started lugging on the top end like it was starving for fuel. I went home pulled the fuel pump and replaced the filter and now I got no spark. I spayed ether in it to see if it would pop off and it did nothing. What do I replace first?
|
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
7/23/2012 9:17pm
Check your connections (spark plug cap to wire, wire to coil, etc,) and your kill switch. Does the '09 have that diagnostic light on the kill switch? That might tell you something too. Check in your manual.
86honda
7/24/2012 2:36pm
It does have the sytem check on the kill switch , and i have racked my brain checking the connectons is there a way to check the stater?
4stroke4DWIN
7/24/2012 11:41pm
86honda wrote:
It does have the sytem check on the kill switch , and i have racked my brain checking the connectons is there a way to check...
It does have the sytem check on the kill switch , and i have racked my brain checking the connectons is there a way to check the stater?
Ohm it out,(stator) or take the wires coming from the pulser and put a meter on them. When you kick it over you should get voltage when the magnet passes the pulser. You can get the ohm stats off the net. Have you verified the spark plug cable/cap hasn't seperated? It may look like its still in the rubber boot but may of pulled out enough to not get spark.

The Shop

Fleece192
7/25/2012 2:38am
86honda wrote:
It does have the sytem check on the kill switch , and i have racked my brain checking the connectons is there a way to check...
Ohm it out,(stator) or take the wires coming from the pulser and put a meter on them. When you kick it over you should get voltage...
Ohm it out,(stator) or take the wires coming from the pulser and put a meter on them. When you kick it over you should get voltage when the magnet passes the pulser. You can get the ohm stats off the net. Have you verified the spark plug cable/cap hasn't seperated? It may look like its still in the rubber boot but may of pulled out enough to not get spark.
This is what happen to my sons 08 crf, plus it was hard to start. Had no spark. Disconnected the kill switch and checked all connections. Put a meter off the stator and had no voltage. Stator bad. Local dealer wanted $260. I got one from ricky stator for $125 free freight. Good luck.
http://www.rickystator.com/
7/25/2012 6:47am
I'm just gonna throw out the obligatory, check your ground. That bike uses a single ground on the right lower radiator mount.... Poor design, at the end of the day relocate that ground wire to the inside of the mount against the frame, bike will start better from now on.

Check for signal at coil, can be done with a simple test light. Do it with the plug out, bikes a bitch to bring voltage up. 3 kick min...

Keep us posted.

Post a reply to: 09 crf 450 no spark

The Latest