newbie questions

roost251
Edited Date/Time 10/19/2014 8:44am
I have always like photography but never bought a good camera, well the time has come now. Mainly because I am going to need to take a lot of pictures for website design stuff and Blog content creation for my business. I will be shooting mostly landscape,still life subjects and occasionally a video for youtube or something. my budget is 1k, where do I start??

Any resources that I should check out to get me started on the right foot? I will sign up for a photo class and read what I can. This is the beginning of my photography adventure and I plan to be doing it for a long time, so I have no qualms about really educating myself and learning from wherever I can.

I know the Nikon vs cannon is like the ford vs chevy argument. Is a Nikon D3200 a good starting point for me? Should the lens I have for my camera be VR? I know this is alot and very general in nature but any help you can give to a fellow motohead would be awesome. B & C camera is near me, any other camera shops or online stores I should check out. If you cant really help, no worries!! I know this is a broad and general question. Thanks
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/27/2014 7:12am
roost251 wrote:
I have always like photography but never bought a good camera, well the time has come now. Mainly because I am going to need to take...
I have always like photography but never bought a good camera, well the time has come now. Mainly because I am going to need to take a lot of pictures for website design stuff and Blog content creation for my business. I will be shooting mostly landscape,still life subjects and occasionally a video for youtube or something. my budget is 1k, where do I start??

Any resources that I should check out to get me started on the right foot? I will sign up for a photo class and read what I can. This is the beginning of my photography adventure and I plan to be doing it for a long time, so I have no qualms about really educating myself and learning from wherever I can.

I know the Nikon vs cannon is like the ford vs chevy argument. Is a Nikon D3200 a good starting point for me? Should the lens I have for my camera be VR? I know this is alot and very general in nature but any help you can give to a fellow motohead would be awesome. B & C camera is near me, any other camera shops or online stores I should check out. If you cant really help, no worries!! I know this is a broad and general question. Thanks
Roost, did you pull the trigger or still looking?
roost251
10/1/2014 5:56am
I haven't made the purchase yet, been doing some research and talking to anyone with some photo knowledge to point me in the right direction. It seems like a Nikon D3200(or something similar) will do everything I need and will be a great first camera.

Any pearls of wisdom that you can cast into my ponds of ignorance will be greatly appreciated :-) (you always bring good info onto the forum)
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/14/2014 12:26pm
roost251 wrote:
I haven't made the purchase yet, been doing some research and talking to anyone with some photo knowledge to point me in the right direction. It...
I haven't made the purchase yet, been doing some research and talking to anyone with some photo knowledge to point me in the right direction. It seems like a Nikon D3200(or something similar) will do everything I need and will be a great first camera.

Any pearls of wisdom that you can cast into my ponds of ignorance will be greatly appreciated :-) (you always bring good info onto the forum)
PM me your email address.
roost251
10/19/2014 8:44am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2014 8:45am
ML512 wrote:
PM me your email address.
It wont let me send you a MSG, my email addy is chop20041 at gmail. Thanks again.

Post a reply to: newbie questions

The Latest