#lipsyskwaka 2000 splitfire kx FINISHED pics on page4 have a look

@lips395
Edited Date/Time 6/23/2019 4:25am
Hey Guys thought i might start sharing the build of my 2000 kx250 i really like the look of the 2000 splitfire bikes and the bike is new enough that it will also be great fun to ride originally i was just going to rebuild it and put a sticker kit on the bike and of i go ........But it turns out i'm not very good at controlling myself and once i started my treasure hunt for parts well let's just say i'm lucky my wife doesn't ask to many questions about my bikes.However compared to other bikes on this forum it won't come close to that but for me i am trying to find the balance between a nice looking bike and something that will also be super fun to ride.

This is what i brought 2000 kx250 i payed 1400 clams for it

Being in Australia it was not easy to work out how to get my frame done in Flo Green but a bit of scratching around and i had it sorted so i stripped the bike down made a box for parts to be hydro blasted another box which was actually really just the bin for all of the crappy parts and of the frame went to get powder coating

unfortunately for me when i stripped the bike at this point i wasn't very familiar with certain things and i saw another 2000 splitfire that was once done on this forum loved it got in touch with this person and sent him parts off of my bike to have work done any way long story short i am now down a set of hubs and brakes and a bit of engine parts sadly i am not the only victim of this person so people please be aware 99% of people into these bikes are great people but please be aware of the 1% however we all live and learn so i will continue this build for you

Like i said i wanted this bike to be nice to ride so i thought Fuck it shelled out some more dollars and purchased myself a kx450f set of kyb sss forks and a matching pro circuit triple clamp to suit. Then figured i would just drink beer with my mates and stare at it till we figure out how to make it all fit sure enough we did

ok so now we are getting to about as far as i am at for the minute this is a picture of the forks in the bike and this is the additional steering stop which i haven't yet finished but i know it will work out

And this is my Treasure Pile i have so far accumulated Like i said before 99% of people are fantastic especially the people on this Forum Thank you very kindly to those of you !

I am in desperate need of a original 2000 splitfire seat cover i don't want to use this evo mx one if i can avoid it please if you know of one email me at
mawestbury@gmail.com

|
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
5/28/2016 1:06pm
Bike is gonna turn out sweet! They stop you made for the new style triple clamps turned out good. I think I may have the actual patches that go on the front and rear of that seat.
5/28/2016 2:13pm
Lips , Looking good so far.....the fluro frame has turned out awsome !!!!
I too are in process of a 2001 KX build n had my frame 2pac painted fluro but hasnt turned out like yours
Where did u get the power coat material from ????
@lips395
5/28/2016 8:32pm
Lips , Looking good so far.....the fluro frame has turned out awsome !!!! I too are in process of a 2001 KX build n had my...
Lips , Looking good so far.....the fluro frame has turned out awsome !!!!
I too are in process of a 2001 KX build n had my frame 2pac painted fluro but hasnt turned out like yours
Where did u get the power coat material from ????
Send me a email and i should be able to help you out

The Shop

@lips395
5/28/2016 8:35pm
CrGuy2T wrote:
Bike is gonna turn out sweet! They stop you made for the new style triple clamps turned out good. I think I may have the actual...
Bike is gonna turn out sweet! They stop you made for the new style triple clamps turned out good. I think I may have the actual patches that go on the front and rear of that seat.
Thanks Robert the bikes you have done are a big inspiration to me i obviously can't acheive what you have done but it really helps set a great benchmark for me to try not to settle and to try acheive a build i will always enjoy
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
5/28/2016 8:50pm
@lips395 wrote:
Thanks Robert the bikes you have done are a big inspiration to me i obviously can't acheive what you have done but it really helps set...
Thanks Robert the bikes you have done are a big inspiration to me i obviously can't acheive what you have done but it really helps set a great benchmark for me to try not to settle and to try acheive a build i will always enjoy
Yes you can. All you have to do is set a goal and take your time. I've seen your work.
Peatz12
5/28/2016 9:09pm
Love the steering stop Lips. That's exactly what I was thinking I'd have to do to my 97 for the Tag triples to work. This is a sweet build!
@lips395
5/28/2016 11:45pm
Peatz12 wrote:
Love the steering stop Lips. That's exactly what I was thinking I'd have to do to my 97 for the Tag triples to work. This is...
Love the steering stop Lips. That's exactly what I was thinking I'd have to do to my 97 for the Tag triples to work. This is a sweet build!
Thanks mate when i finish it i will post proper pictures of the parts you need to make hopefully it will help you out i might even make up a kit for the conversion yet as i think a few people will be keen on this conversion
tempura
5/30/2016 5:52am
Sweet! I have a 01 kx250 I want to fix up. Very hard to find any pro circuit or speciality parts..
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
5/30/2016 11:59am
Looks good. I'm building a 2000 splitfire PC 125 and can appreciate how difficult some of the parts can be to find.
Andy86
6/1/2016 3:29pm
Looking really good so far, very nice work

Which member ripped you off ?

Really sorry to hear that
mxBryan
6/2/2016 1:12am
Nice Build, i will be following for sure !
Sadly to hear you lost some parts.
@lips395
9/3/2016 9:41pm
Ok Sorry it's been a bit since my last update i thought i'd get this post happening again
i have been searching high and low for parts and luckily i have been coming up with the goods !
I am going to stray a bit from a full replica but i'm not to fussed because i want to love riding this bike so i've changed up my suspension and the suspension look a bit as well

I had the shock body Kasima Coated and the Shock Shaft was bent ! so i had it straightened re chromed then sent it off to be finished in TiN I have a internal rebuild kit on order and need to get a blue spring and we good

I have a pc muffler but it had the newer style tip on it so i found on ebay a older version with the dick tip so i will restore this one and use it

And after doing a bit of searching i got lucky with a nice member of this forum and purchased a set of pc axle blocks as well yes they are a bit shabby but you get that on the big jobs and i can live with it

I have also got all of my plastics sorted out which is sweet

Another Great member has also helped me out with a set of Pc footpegs and a new kickstarter with a Ti knuckle which will be sweet as well

This took a bit to sort but you can't have a pc bike without a PC cylinder so i had the cylinder sent to Pro Circuit they had Millenium Coatings re nikosil the cylinder
They then Did a beautiful job Decking and porting the head and cylinder unfortunately the powervalves were buggered but pro circuit found me a new powervalve assembly and sent the whole lot back to me like new !

I also ordered a few months back a new set of excel black rims with Magnesium colored Talon hubs
Because a old now banned member Talked me into sending him parts to do work on. He unfortunately never gave my parts back. You can read more about it in the 'True Khi Parts' thread if you wish
I am hoping to have this bike rolling within the next 6 weeks so stay tuned

If anyone has a set of dsp frame guards please email me at mawestbury@gmail thanks

RyanLester761
9/9/2016 12:38pm
Wow! Looking good! I'm into this build. I'm a bit jealous of all the fine parts and that PC cylinder!
@lips395
9/9/2016 1:28pm
Wow! Looking good! I'm into this build. I'm a bit jealous of all the fine parts and that PC cylinder!
Thanks mate
Its taken a bit of time probably a bit longer than i thought.But then I've also gotten a bit more carried away with the build then i expected.
@lips395
9/14/2016 12:39am

I could have hugged the postman today after searching for a original seat cover i finally got one ! It needs a bit of work but the rubber is mostly good the rest can be re done I'm super excited

@lips395
10/7/2016 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2016 6:07pm
It's all about to come together I have had all the parts hydroblasted including all the nuts and bolts of the bike
Now all the nuts and bolts have also been re plated
I have hadnew brackets tig welded on for a works connection cover saver and also put new tabs on the frame for a works dsp skid plate
More to come next week

731chopper
Fantasy
355th
10/8/2016 7:01pm
Hey congrats on finding that seat. They are hard to find!
@lips395
10/8/2016 7:17pm
731chopper wrote:
Hey congrats on finding that seat. They are hard to find!
Thanks your not wrong I was surprised at how rare they are ,would be nice to find a new one someday but it will certainly do for now
vmxracer
10/9/2016 2:42am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2016 2:47am
Hi mate, great looking build although you do need to change that beer Wink

Who did your hydroblasting and plating?

And where did you get the case saver from as I can't find it on works connection site

@lips395
10/9/2016 2:53am
vmxracer wrote:
Hi mate, great looking build although you do need to change that beer ;) Who did your hydroblasting and plating? And where did you get the...
Hi mate, great looking build although you do need to change that beer Wink

Who did your hydroblasting and plating?

And where did you get the case saver from as I can't find it on works connection site

Ferntree Gully hydroblasting and Big Zink
And that's not my beer or me in the picture
I'm a Carlton Dry or Scotch man myself that Vic shit gives me a headache after a few tins
worksmx
10/9/2016 1:46pm
Looking good! This will be a nice kx 250 for sure.
10/11/2016 3:03am
Real nice collection of parts , will be great when it's finished , do you know how the shorty silencer compares to the normal length ?
@lips395
10/20/2016 11:26pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2016 11:31pm
Few updates
Rear Shock is now built
Front forks are done
Got a new set of Wheels
And I finished the steering stop for the kx450 Tripple clamps to work with the frame.I will be doing a full motor rebuild in the next couple of weeks nice to see it start to be a bike again

Post a reply to: #lipsyskwaka 2000 splitfire kx FINISHED pics on page4 have a look

The Latest