former mini stars part 2

mx101
12/27/2009 8:50pm
Whats up Paul,Its been awhile since Ive talked to you.Kept in touch with your dad for awhile.Hows Ray doing?Talked to MaryAnn Storer about a month ago and told me about Ward.Sad to hear that and all the problems they have had.I know your dad was a big help to them she said.Hope theres are going well for you and its good to hear from you. This is Chris Taylor.My e-mail is acemuffler@hotmail.com
nmachamp
12/27/2009 10:31pm
Not much chris, things are going ok.. My brother, well i dont see him to much. Thats by choice, he's still a maniac!!! Tell your dad i said hi... and maybe will see you at Anaheim stadium this year. Nice to hear from an old friend......
Webcokid
12/30/2009 6:28pm
mx101 wrote:
Whats up Paul,Its been awhile since Ive talked to you.Kept in touch with your dad for awhile.Hows Ray doing?Talked to MaryAnn Storer about a month ago...
Whats up Paul,Its been awhile since Ive talked to you.Kept in touch with your dad for awhile.Hows Ray doing?Talked to MaryAnn Storer about a month ago and told me about Ward.Sad to hear that and all the problems they have had.I know your dad was a big help to them she said.Hope theres are going well for you and its good to hear from you. This is Chris Taylor.My e-mail is acemuffler@hotmail.com
Who the hell is Chris Taylor?
Blake
1/1/2010 10:14am
UpTiTe wrote:
Troy Blake got a yamaha factory ride thhen befriended Lechein and Terry Fowler, enough said.
Don't throw Fowler under the bus, he was clean and the only sanity Ronnie had.

S
This is true. Around 85-86 when they lived in that condo.

Terry's a good guy.......has this hot GF named Suzy I think. Jeez, that was forever ago.

The Shop

1/1/2010 2:02pm
jason upshaw operates a chain of mexican restaurants in texas called taco casa.main store is in gainsville texas and saw jason and his dad there 2 months ago.same crazy jason but gained a little weight
1/1/2010 2:14pm
best mini rider i was priveledged to witness was robbie reynard.although joel albrict,antunez,and tommy clowers were exceptional riders.we had a neighbor near dallas named willie bowden who was as talented as ive ever seen on an 80.came to carlsbad and raced right after honda gave him a sponsorship which was very rare for a mini rider.he hole shot first moto and lead most of the moto before crashing.next moto basted the hole shot again and was checked out when he crashed and broke his leg.maybe the prettiest style ive ever seen.broke his leg 3 times and had weak bones.one of those what could have been.ive seen most all our riders for the last 40 years and willie had a gift.
Blake
1/4/2010 2:03pm
Where is Wild Willie Surratt these days?
Tom Corley
1/4/2010 4:40pm

I ran into Wild Willie Surratt at Glen Helen recently. He was helping his son race and here is a shot of him taking off the starting line.

tcestudios@netzero.net
humyam1u
1/4/2010 5:05pm
Shaun Kelley in his day. Y-AMA Nat'l win in Washinton in '73, NMA World Champ in Houston in '74.
toby lawes
1/4/2010 9:27pm
Tom Corley wrote:
[img]http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss76/tomcorley/DSC_1489.jpg[/img] I ran into Wild Willie Surratt at Glen Helen recently. He was helping his son race and here is a shot of him taking off...

I ran into Wild Willie Surratt at Glen Helen recently. He was helping his son race and here is a shot of him taking off the starting line.

tcestudios@netzero.net
cool picture tom! whats his sons name? next time u see willy tell him tobyor snake says hey!ps if his son is anything like his dad( THOSE KIDS ARE IN TROUBLE!!!!!)
boybuc
1/7/2010 2:09pm
Ryan Suratt Good kid and he's getting fast
toby lawes
1/7/2010 4:31pm
i thought that was his name but was not sure ! maybe ryan can teach my son a thing or too??
2/27/2010 9:39am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2010 9:56am
vetarider wrote:
Anybody remember Rodney Herring from AL? He kicked butt on local tracks in the SE but I'm not sure what success he had elsewhere. I used...
Anybody remember Rodney Herring from AL? He kicked butt on local tracks in the SE but I'm not sure what success he had elsewhere. I used to watch him race at Flying Wheels MX track in Alabama back in the late 70's. Pic below is from the Enterprise Ledger (newspaper in Enterprise, AL) around 77-78. Rodney is on the right, Joe Tomlin on the left.

I raced against Rodney every weekend.... My name was Mike Bray. I rode out of the Yamaha of Troy Shop. My father started the Flying Wheels...
I raced against Rodney every weekend.... My name was Mike Bray. I rode out of the Yamaha of Troy Shop. My father started the Flying Wheels race track and club. I duked it out each weekend with Rodney... I later moved to Virginia and became a state champ before moving to Oklahoma. My photo is from the 1883 Lorreta Lynns 250 Pro Class. I held the number one plate. I walked into the Yamaha of Troy Shop after 30 plus years and Audie Ward recognized me right off. It was nice seeing him.... I want out to the race track and only the flag tower remained. Just so you are aware the Flying Wheels Race Track started from a drawing I made while in the 3rd grade. My father had the Army Engineers build the track from my design. It seems like just yesterday....
2/27/2010 9:45am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2010 9:47am
vetarider wrote:
Anybody remember Rodney Herring from AL? He kicked butt on local tracks in the SE but I'm not sure what success he had elsewhere. I used...
Anybody remember Rodney Herring from AL? He kicked butt on local tracks in the SE but I'm not sure what success he had elsewhere. I used to watch him race at Flying Wheels MX track in Alabama back in the late 70's. Pic below is from the Enterprise Ledger (newspaper in Enterprise, AL) around 77-78. Rodney is on the right, Joe Tomlin on the left.

I raced against Rodney every weekend.... My name was Mike Bray. I rode out of the Yamaha of Troy Shop. My father started the Flying Wheels...
I raced against Rodney every weekend.... My name was Mike Bray. I rode out of the Yamaha of Troy Shop. My father started the Flying Wheels race track and club. I duked it out each weekend with Rodney... I later moved to Virginia and became a state champ before moving to Oklahoma. My photo is from the 1883 Lorreta Lynns 250 Pro Class. I held the number one plate. I walked into the Yamaha of Troy Shop after 30 plus years and Audie Ward recognized me right off. It was nice seeing him.... I want out to the race track and only the flag tower remained. Just so you are aware the Flying Wheels Race Track started from a drawing I made while in the 3rd grade. My father had the Army Engineers build the track from my design. It seems like just yesterday....
2/27/2010 9:57am
vetarider wrote:

http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Flying-Red-Head,15988/photos/Flying-Wh…

Mike Bray at Fort Rucker "Flying Wheels Motocross Track in 1977 on board a Yamaha of Troy prepared YZ 80
Sondy132001
2/27/2010 11:29am
So we have Chris Taylor, Paul Denis (king of SBP on 80's) and a few others, all we're missing now is Kimi Douglass and I'd feel like I was 16 all over again ha

S
cmcmotocross.com

vetarider
2/27/2010 2:13pm
http://www.vitalmx.com/community/Flying-Red-Head,15988/photos/Flying-Wh…

Mike Bray at Fort Rucker "Flying Wheels Motocross Track in 1977 on board a Yamaha of Troy prepared YZ 80
Hi Mike,
Good to see you post again. I posted the pic of Rodney and Joe.

Did you know the Ward's that ran the Suzuki shop in Enterprise? They sold the shop around 1978 and moved to Troy. My dad bought a bike for me from Yamaha of Troy in 1978. I still have a copy of the receipt. I had to pay him $50.00 a month to pay off the bike. Their son raced at Flying Wheels as well in the mini class. I remember his name was Jim, or Jimbo?

I'm sure you remember this view of the big jump on the back side.

Oh yeah, and TFS (Steve Bruhn) raced there! But it was around 1979 and 1980 I believe.

Flying W
4/27/2010 11:52pm
ridge wrote:
Mike McClain? Tim Rutherford? Mike Pascerella? Brian ?? (rode for SCR in 89 I think...National # 72 maybe?) Scotty Bristol? (worked at Pro Circuit) Scott Tackics...
Mike McClain?

Tim Rutherford?

Mike Pascerella?

Brian ?? (rode for SCR in 89 I think...National # 72 maybe?)

Scotty Bristol? (worked at Pro Circuit)

Scott Tackics?

East coasters:

Stan Stinnette?

Trey Wilkerson?
Mike Pascerella is in vacaville and his son is the Pascerella in the road racing.. Joey is his name. Talked to Mike on the phone years back and he has 4 kids and just does for them like his dad (Ron) did for him... GIVE GIVE GIVE..

I talked to surrat in 07? 08 and he was running a motocross school. Has kids that race. I remember him at ponka and he was the fat kid that ran over people...

Then Him Scott Brown, Kyle Lewis and I went to north carolina to Bailey's motocross school. I got to spend a lot of time with willi and his dad in the green dodge truck... The Browns had a box van and it was nice.

Brian Roth... lives in sacramento. (not sure if that is the Brian) he is doing well and has a suspension business last I heard... He will be at hangtown..
mr50racer
4/28/2010 9:38am
ridge wrote:
Mike McClain? Tim Rutherford? Mike Pascerella? Brian ?? (rode for SCR in 89 I think...National # 72 maybe?) Scotty Bristol? (worked at Pro Circuit) Scott Tackics...
Mike McClain?

Tim Rutherford?

Mike Pascerella?

Scott Tackics?

East coasters:

Stan Stinnette?

Trey Wilkerson?
Flying W wrote:
Mike Pascerella is in vacaville and his son is the Pascerella in the road racing.. Joey is his name. Talked to Mike on the phone years...
Mike Pascerella is in vacaville and his son is the Pascerella in the road racing.. Joey is his name. Talked to Mike on the phone years back and he has 4 kids and just does for them like his dad (Ron) did for him... GIVE GIVE GIVE..

I talked to surrat in 07? 08 and he was running a motocross school. Has kids that race. I remember him at ponka and he was the fat kid that ran over people...

Then Him Scott Brown, Kyle Lewis and I went to north carolina to Bailey's motocross school. I got to spend a lot of time with willi and his dad in the green dodge truck... The Browns had a box van and it was nice.

Brian Roth... lives in sacramento. (not sure if that is the Brian) he is doing well and has a suspension business last I heard... He will be at hangtown..
shawn wooten?
wownd out
4/28/2010 2:17pm
ridge wrote:
Mike McClain?

Tim Rutherford?

Mike Pascerella?

Scott Tackics?

East coasters:

Stan Stinnette?

Trey Wilkerson?
Flying W wrote:
Mike Pascerella is in vacaville and his son is the Pascerella in the road racing.. Joey is his name. Talked to Mike on the phone years...

mr50racer wrote:
shawn wooten?
Willie surratt and Mouse McCoy were bitter rivals with me in 80 intermediate especially at Indian Dunes, i had both of them on my ass in practice and i didn't want them to pass me in practice either but Mouse tried to jump by on the inside going into a corner and ate it then two laps later coming out of a fast sand turn i tucked the front end and willie hit my thigh about 40mph, thought i broke my thigh bone shit hurts! but it was just a really bad bone bruise, so anyways yeah Willie likes to run over people, haha, but he came over after in the pitts to see if i was ok when he saw the paramedics there.
Webcokid
4/30/2010 2:56pm
So we have Chris Taylor, Paul Denis (king of SBP on 80's) and a few others, all we're missing now is Kimi Douglass and I'd feel...
So we have Chris Taylor, Paul Denis (king of SBP on 80's) and a few others, all we're missing now is Kimi Douglass and I'd feel like I was 16 all over again ha

S
cmcmotocross.com

Hey Sondy, I found Kim, well she contacted me about Bruce. You can find her on facebook under mikki Douglas, up in Seattle. See ya
Greg_Brown
11/6/2010 10:40am
Bill163 wrote:
Doug Nicol is still around lives in HB.The story I was told about Billy Keffer he was driving the maico factory van crossed the center line...
Doug Nicol is still around lives in HB.The story I was told about Billy Keffer he was driving the maico factory van crossed the center line got into a head-on accident that killed some people.Maybe somebody here has more info....
I was a neighbor of Billy Keffer. He was a dwarf and worked for Maico as a tuner and did a lot of work with Minicycle Mag. He was also a decent racer but I think a lot of parents protested him if he won b/c he was 15 or 16 racing against 11 year olds. I was in the hood when he crashed the maico van near my home. He claims the lady he killed (only one person died) swerved to the right before making a left hand turn. ??? He went to the left to pass her and she then turned left. I don't know the outcome of the case. I also know the last time he was seen in the area he was pushing a shopping cart with his possessions in it. Homeless. He made some seriously wrong choices in a life where his height was an advantage, not a dis-advantage.
5/11/2014 5:18pm
pelted wrote:
Butch Smith, or Snowey as it was, was pretty fast back in his day....would've been in '88 or so.
do you have any idea where sno is now?
JSB wrote:
I lived in Cd'a Idaho for a short while back in the mid 90s and he was in the Wa. Area I understood. If I was...
I lived in Cd'a Idaho for a short while back in the mid 90s and he was in the Wa. Area I understood. If I was trying to find Butch I would try Motion sports in C'da talk to Chaun McAllister, maybe Jimmy Lamastus if he still works there. My buddy Mark Henderson knew Butch back when I was in Idaho, but I lost contact with Mark, Jimmy after our stint living in the Phoenix area in 2003.

Sorry couldnt be more help
Hes living near portland. Married with kids. Owns a small truckng company. I'm his cousin. Hard to get a hold of can be a bit of a flake
10/13/2022 12:23pm
vetarider wrote:

mx317 wrote:
I have to call BS on the Loretta's number one plate unless you were just assigned that number. Mx Sports has all the past champs listed...
I have to call BS on the Loretta's number one plate unless you were just assigned that number. Mx Sports has all the past champs listed and Mike Bray is not listed.
Mike Bray 1983 250 Pro Class at Loretta Lynn's National Championship

mx317
10/14/2022 6:18am
mx317 wrote:
I have to call BS on the Loretta's number one plate unless you were just assigned that number. Mx Sports has all the past champs listed...
I have to call BS on the Loretta's number one plate unless you were just assigned that number. Mx Sports has all the past champs listed and Mike Bray is not listed.
Mike Bray 1983 250 Pro Class at Loretta Lynn's National Championship [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/10/13/572978/s1200_250_PRO_Class_Lorretta_Lynns_National.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/10/13/572983/s1200_20221006_083011.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/10/13/572977/s1200_20221006_083002.jpg[/img]
Mike Bray 1983 250 Pro Class at Loretta Lynn's National Championship

Just as I stated before, you were assigned that number. You finished 9th place.

Post a reply to: former mini stars part 2

The Latest