Winners take all

5/14/2018 7:15am
When I was a kid I had my parents rent this movie so much from a local video store (remember those?!) that they actually offered to let us buy it. I also worked at Best Buy from 06-2010 and bought this on DVD when it was released. It was the only copy my store got and it did not get another one after mine haha.
SCR
5/14/2018 4:18pm
(We were kids) and I remember my brother and I would rent "winners take all" and another movie weekly. I cant remember the name of it...
(We were kids) and I remember my brother and I would rent "winners take all" and another movie weekly. I cant remember the name of it but it was a Baja buggy/truck movie from the late 80s early 90s where the dude was a drunk and raced buggies and then trucks in the 1000. Anyone remember the name?
Sidecar wrote:
I seem to remember that Baja movie... but I thought it was late 70s not 80s??? Could be a different movie though... I remember one scene...
I seem to remember that Baja movie... but I thought it was late 70s not 80s??? Could be a different movie though... I remember one scene where a buggy got to close to a bike, poss in a water splash and the rider fell, jumps to his feet and throws the middle finger at the buggy driver... Not thought of that in years though...
I wonder how many moto movies there have been...

Winners take all
Sidewinder1
Motocrossed
Supercrossed
The dirt bike kid
The team
Stormin Home (I don’t recall ever seeing this one)

Anybody care to add more???
Tgo wrote:
Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann (1982)
Is that the one where hes racing and time warps to the 1800s. He had a TT500 with desert tank and a C & J frame if I remember.
SCR
5/14/2018 4:30pm
(We were kids) and I remember my brother and I would rent "winners take all" and another movie weekly. I cant remember the name of it...
(We were kids) and I remember my brother and I would rent "winners take all" and another movie weekly. I cant remember the name of it but it was a Baja buggy/truck movie from the late 80s early 90s where the dude was a drunk and raced buggies and then trucks in the 1000. Anyone remember the name?
Sidecar wrote:
I seem to remember that Baja movie... but I thought it was late 70s not 80s??? Could be a different movie though... I remember one scene...
I seem to remember that Baja movie... but I thought it was late 70s not 80s??? Could be a different movie though... I remember one scene where a buggy got to close to a bike, poss in a water splash and the rider fell, jumps to his feet and throws the middle finger at the buggy driver... Not thought of that in years though...

Winners take all
Sidewinder1
Motocrossed
Supercrossed
The dirt bike kid
The team

Little Fauss and big Haussy. Actually pretty good as motorcycle movies go.
Race With The Devil. Peter Fonda on a 74 KX 125 or 250 ? Expansion chamber with stinger. Good stuff. I was about 11 yrs old and the devil worship stuff scared the shit out of me.
5/15/2018 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 2:57pm
Sidecar wrote:

Winners take all
Sidewinder1
Motocrossed
Supercrossed
The dirt bike kid
The team

SCR wrote:
Little Fauss and big Haussy. Actually pretty good as motorcycle movies go. Race With The Devil. Peter Fonda on a 74 KX 125 or 250...
Little Fauss and big Haussy. Actually pretty good as motorcycle movies go.
Race With The Devil. Peter Fonda on a 74 KX 125 or 250 ? Expansion chamber with stinger. Good stuff. I was about 11 yrs old and the devil worship stuff scared the shit out of me.
The movie I was thinking. I would dream as a 10 year old to have the Nissan or Toyota truck

The Shop

TJMX947
6/13/2018 8:18am
When I was a kid I had my parents rent this movie so much from a local video store (remember those?!) that they actually offered to...
When I was a kid I had my parents rent this movie so much from a local video store (remember those?!) that they actually offered to let us buy it. I also worked at Best Buy from 06-2010 and bought this on DVD when it was released. It was the only copy my store got and it did not get another one after mine haha.
Same story here, we rented this movie every week! I would say the first time I watched it when I was 11 was a life changing moment for me. Who knows what I would have spent the rest of my life doing?

In 2005 my girlfriend at the time bought me a DVD copy from Best Buy, I have no clue how she found it. Another girlfriend bought me a DVD copy of Rad for Christmas years later.

I actually (mildly) trolled Broc Glover on Facebook recently. Someone tagged him in a picture of him from a Magazine taking his award of a Toyota truck for being rider of he year or something in the early to mid 80s. I posted in the comments "That's cool but Rick Melon got the girl Carl." He responded...pretty cool moment.

Post a reply to: Winners take all

The Latest