Wanted - KHI Parts + more

7446pats
7/27/2015 2:25am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2016 4:00am
Hi, basically I'm building a 'close as possible' factory 97/98 SR Kawasaki.

I'm after this front wheel (see pic)
Emig MXA seat cover (96-97)
Emig FX graphics (96-97)
Khi magnesium rear axle blocks
6 bolt Khi rear disk

I have most of the parts already but anything I may not have I'm willing to buy.

I currently have the following -
Suspension
Both magnesium & emig clamps
Magnesium bar clamps
Rear wheel (6 bolt mag hub)
Front &rear brake carriers (mag front)
Carbon Silencer
Expansion
Mag casings
4 bolt 240mm Khi rear disk
Khi linkage dog bones
Front & rear 25mm axles
+ more but you get the picture..

It'll be either a Emig or Tortelli replica as I have the parts to swap over so it can be one or the other.

Thankful for any help I receive

I'll post a thread with updates on the build soon.

Thanks
Pat

|
MXtoXS
7/27/2015 6:55pm
Looking forward to the build!!

This was my 95 KX125 I raced in 95,96,97 before we moved. I rode the wheels off it for 10 years! Nothing special, but I wish I hadn't sold it.

pete24
7/27/2015 7:31pm
ive seen the seat cover try Marks Vintage swap meet , or ebay seller , timmer dirk
kxman
7/28/2015 4:37am

Evo MX graphics in the UK make both graphics and seat cover they were mxa back in the day
chuckdavies
7/28/2015 4:41am
kxman wrote:

Evo MX graphics in the UK make both graphics and seat cover they were mxa back in the day
Evo MX do a nice job, and yes Frank was MXA back in the day, but they use normal printing methods now the same as the majority of companies, and can't reproduce the flo colours or clear background decals any more.

Dare decals will do a good job of the graphics, but Pat's like me and will want full original stuff, especially the seat cover!

The Shop

7446pats
7/28/2015 5:12am
No luck with Dirk I'm afraid he's always great to deal with though.

Nice bike MXtoXS!

Like Chuck said, I'm trying to get as close to original as I can.

Pics of the seat cover I'm after..

Paul333
7/28/2015 6:17am
kxman wrote:

Frank at EvoMX does have these graphics and seat covers available. I have two of each on order.

They look perfect.
Paul333
7/28/2015 6:30am
I am having a Emig replica bike built of this same era. So far I have sourced the following parts from Timmer Dirk, various other Ebay sellers, Vintage Bike Ads, other collectors, ETC.

KHI Works Magnesium Ignition Cover
KHI Works Magnesium Clutch Cover
KHI Works Titanium kick start lever knuckle
Acerbis Flow-Green Plastic Set
Carbon Fiber Frame Guards, rear brake caliper guard – Luca in Italy
Carbon Fiber skid plate
Works Connection aluminum case guard
EvoMX Seat Cover
EvoMX Graphics

chuckdavies
7/28/2015 8:42am
kxman wrote:

Paul333 wrote:
Frank at EvoMX does have these graphics and seat covers available. I have two of each on order.

They look perfect.
They may look perfect but unfortunately wont be the same as the originals...

Post pics when you get them though, be good to see!
Moto Mofo
7/28/2015 9:03am
There was an original, MXA Emig seat cover on ebay just a few weeks ago.
7446pats
7/28/2015 9:23am
Moto Mofo wrote:
There was an original, MXA Emig seat cover on ebay just a few weeks ago.
I missed out on it which I regret big time..
7446pats
7/28/2015 9:24am
Paul333 wrote:
I am having a Emig replica bike built of this same era. So far I have sourced the following parts from Timmer Dirk, various other Ebay...
I am having a Emig replica bike built of this same era. So far I have sourced the following parts from Timmer Dirk, various other Ebay sellers, Vintage Bike Ads, other collectors, ETC.

KHI Works Magnesium Ignition Cover
KHI Works Magnesium Clutch Cover
KHI Works Titanium kick start lever knuckle
Acerbis Flow-Green Plastic Set
Carbon Fiber Frame Guards, rear brake caliper guard – Luca in Italy
Carbon Fiber skid plate
Works Connection aluminum case guard
EvoMX Seat Cover
EvoMX Graphics

Awesome! Keep us updated, sounds like a nice collection of parts you have.
barkhard696
7/28/2015 9:45am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2015 9:48am
Hey P! Have you reached out to WorksMX, here on this site? He had decided to close out his KX projects but might have some leads yet -- I can vouch for his integrity. There's also a guy in Canada I've spoken to on several occasions, but I would have to search out his Email. But if you do some back-tracking on the Bazaar, you'll find him from a few months back - he was selling an Acerbis kit, but had a number of other parts also. These Kawie guys tend to network pretty closely when it comes to factory stuff.

This will be yet another cool project! How did those handguards and C/F fork guards work out on your Pastrana replica?

PS. Contact me via FB if you're still looking for Suzuki stuff. I have an RG3 team A Kit shock and a number of other things I would be likely be looking to sell soon. (I'm saving to be getting a couple of Hondas (gasp!)

I'm positive that seatcover came up recently either on eBay of FB. Have you joined all the KX groups there? It could also help you meet some more folks who bleed green.

Good luck bro! Let me know if I can ever be of assistance.
7446pats
7/28/2015 1:00pm
Hey P! Have you reached out to WorksMX, here on this site? He had decided to close out his KX projects but might have some leads...
Hey P! Have you reached out to WorksMX, here on this site? He had decided to close out his KX projects but might have some leads yet -- I can vouch for his integrity. There's also a guy in Canada I've spoken to on several occasions, but I would have to search out his Email. But if you do some back-tracking on the Bazaar, you'll find him from a few months back - he was selling an Acerbis kit, but had a number of other parts also. These Kawie guys tend to network pretty closely when it comes to factory stuff.

This will be yet another cool project! How did those handguards and C/F fork guards work out on your Pastrana replica?

PS. Contact me via FB if you're still looking for Suzuki stuff. I have an RG3 team A Kit shock and a number of other things I would be likely be looking to sell soon. (I'm saving to be getting a couple of Hondas (gasp!)

I'm positive that seatcover came up recently either on eBay of FB. Have you joined all the KX groups there? It could also help you meet some more folks who bleed green.

Good luck bro! Let me know if I can ever be of assistance.
Hey Barkhard! Yeah I've dealt with worksmx he's been great also. I've asked to keep a eye out on anything for me.

Hand guards & fork guards are awesome bud! Waiting to see if a guy in Europe can get a few works parts next week for that build so fingers crossed!
Will do! Thanks

Yeah I've joined a few KX groups & asked a few people but no luck on the parts I need.. I'll find them eventually no doubt.

Thanks bud!

7446pats
7/31/2015 2:38am
I'm also after a set of these NOS renthal bars (Chucks pic)

CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
7/31/2015 7:36am
7446pats wrote:
No luck with Dirk I'm afraid he's always great to deal with though. Nice bike MXtoXS! Like Chuck said, I'm trying to get as close to...
No luck with Dirk I'm afraid he's always great to deal with though.

Nice bike MXtoXS!

Like Chuck said, I'm trying to get as close to original as I can.

Pics of the seat cover I'm after..

Dang that seat cover was on eBay about a month ago. I almost bought it just to have. Hopefully there will be another.
7446pats
7/31/2015 8:24am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2015 8:25am
Works pegs, magnesium rear carrier & front disc sorted.

All I need now is a front wheel (khi) & that's the front of the bike ready!
7446pats
8/15/2015 3:56am
Still searching for the parts..

Also any works Suzuki parts for a '00 RM125 for my Pastrana replica.

Thanks
2/12/2016 4:00am
7446pats wrote:
Hi, basically I'm building a 'close as possible' factory 97/98 SR Kawasaki. I'm after this front wheel (see pic) Emig MXA seat cover (96-97) Emig FX...
Hi, basically I'm building a 'close as possible' factory 97/98 SR Kawasaki.

I'm after this front wheel (see pic)
Emig MXA seat cover (96-97)
Emig FX graphics (96-97)
Khi magnesium rear axle blocks
6 bolt Khi rear disk

I have most of the parts already but anything I may not have I'm willing to buy.

I currently have the following -
Suspension
Both magnesium & emig clamps
Magnesium bar clamps
Rear wheel (6 bolt mag hub)
Front &rear brake carriers (mag front)
Carbon Silencer
Expansion
Mag casings
4 bolt 240mm Khi rear disk
Khi linkage dog bones
Front & rear 25mm axles
+ more but you get the picture..

It'll be either a Emig or Tortelli replica as I have the parts to swap over so it can be one or the other.

Thankful for any help I receive

I'll post a thread with updates on the build soon.

Thanks
Pat

I was given a older bottom end for my 89kx250 .I needed the crank.it has no serial# on it anywhere.it says on inside kx250and after I had my friend split the case the crank wouldn't work. So ive spent days trying to find what year it is with no luck at all..well I noticed were the serial# goes I leaned over and saw just K H.I on it.the whole case is magnesium. Anyways I have been reading your posts.I was wanting to know if I sent u a pic could u tell me what year it is.theres no head on it.but the whole bottom end is there. But nothing showing anyway to tell its year. It looks older than my 89kx case.thank u for your time.

Post a reply to: Wanted - KHI Parts + more

The Latest