Vintage Puyallup & Washougal Images...

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 9:08am
|
10/28/2010 11:10pm
Thankyou for the pictures Rex. I believe I was at opening day At Washougal(April of 1973). Every time I see the track now,great memories of the original layout come back to me. I wonder if any of the guy's from that era lurk here at Vital?
10/29/2010 11:17pm
I too appreciate the pics and stuff, though most of it is before my time, which was 75-81. The first race I ever saw was at PIR and I remember hearing lots of "Rick Burgett and Chuck Sun" over the PA - it sounded like they were gods. Years later I lead Burgett for a few laps one night when he returned to visit. When he chose to pass me I was shocked by how much speed he carried as he railed around me. From there I latched on and got one of the best lessons I ever had. Those first years were magical. Life since has been great for sure, but nothing has ever quite filled the hole. So Jacobsens words ring true.

BTW - for years I'd been trying to find somebody who knew what ever happened to the Moto-Photo guy. And then one night I'm at a business social function, and I'm talking to the husband of one of my wifes associates...and it's him! The bad news - he tossed out all of it years ago - it's all gone. Anybody know what happened to Action-OZ, the other photographer I remember?
Tim507
10/30/2010 2:22pm
Great site....I have ridden at all three tracks. Start up was awesome for sure. Went there for the Interam race in 1969 or 1970. Was in High School then............
11/19/2010 1:14am
Wow, great photos of my favorite track, thanks Rex.

I even found one with old number 445, me.

I hope you don't mind I added the photo to my "Washougal Collection"

(I linked back to your Whashougal photos site)

Check out these Washougal Posters,

I raced a few Nationals and some AMA qualifiers at Washougal. I also got to race at Mulkey once. Nice track but it didn't compare to Washougal.

Thanks again, George

The Shop

3/29/2017 8:26am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2017 8:32am
Nothing wrong with adding to a really old thread here is there? One of the things about vintage and getting old is that eventually you can have the same memories over and over again as if for the first time. Here's a pic from Fox Hollow near Woodburn Oregon, from a local or CMC race around 74-75, rider on the left is Jerry Pillar then a 125 Intermediate.

Edit - Uh-Oh, this is like having a stroke...the link in the original post is dead...

5/20/2018 12:03pm
A recently acquired pic from Fox Hollow Summer of 1976. Larry Stopper leading 125 Intermediate out of the first turn in the period JADO jersey on a YZ125C with X air canisters and a downpipe - very nice pic!
5/20/2018 12:34pm
While not strictly Puyallup & Washougal, or even Fox Hollow, or even at all let alone strictly, I gotta put it somewhere so it might as well be here since these are where some of these artifacts came from. A recent visit to an old friends garage allowed discovery of a shrine of sorts that some of us will find familiar. Some of his old trophies from MX in the early 70's. Some of his Dad's old trophies from drag and sports car racing in the 50's and 60's. A special relic (the chest protector). And a tiny photo bomb oddity that isn't entirely out of place in such a display. The sign panel from his Dad's old motorcycle shop was attached to the garage ceiling. Time machines...so fun to chance into and trip over... Smile

sephus22
5/21/2018 9:08am
A recently acquired pic from Fox Hollow Summer of 1976. Larry Stopper leading 125 Intermediate out of the first turn in the period JADO jersey on...
A recently acquired pic from Fox Hollow Summer of 1976. Larry Stopper leading 125 Intermediate out of the first turn in the period JADO jersey on a YZ125C with X air canisters and a downpipe - very nice pic!
I'll have to bet on "radical Rob" #282 for the win......or crash.

Post a reply to: Vintage Puyallup & Washougal Images...

The Latest