Vintage MXdN this weekend @ Farleigh Castle.

Edited Date/Time 9/16/2014 5:34am
Anyone here going??

Any of you Non-UK guys need pics of anything in particular if I can find it in the pits?
|
JBmaico
Fantasy
1976th
9/10/2014 8:44am
I'm going down tomorrow, racing in the under 50s twinshocks.

The Shop

Rovalova
9/12/2014 10:42pm
Anyone here going??

Any of you Non-UK guys need pics of anything in particular if I can find it in the pits?
Pics of any 92-93 kx's would be great especially anything from the GP days. Its my next build.
Thanks
9/15/2014 2:01am
Having a nightmare with photobucket, so I'll give you the briefest of summaries.

The Brits won, the Belgians finished second, the US third.
The Germans bought the heavy artillery in the form of the most beautifully engineered Husky thumpers I've ever seen.

Doug Dubach was untouchable all weekend. Took 4 wins from 4, and looked to be riding a different track to everyone else.
Unrivalled bike setup and technique, and was probably quick enough on his Elsinore to fight off the top Evo bikes if he could've ridden with them.
The only guy I've ever seen who makes riding chop look as smooth as Stefan Everts can - but to do it on a twin-shocker was beautiful to watch.

I'm still in awe now.

Some fantastic racing, punctuated with some very nice bikes.
berniepiet
9/16/2014 2:46am
Having a nightmare with photobucket, so I'll give you the briefest of summaries. The Brits won, the Belgians finished second, the US third. The Germans bought...
Having a nightmare with photobucket, so I'll give you the briefest of summaries.

The Brits won, the Belgians finished second, the US third.
The Germans bought the heavy artillery in the form of the most beautifully engineered Husky thumpers I've ever seen.

Doug Dubach was untouchable all weekend. Took 4 wins from 4, and looked to be riding a different track to everyone else.
Unrivalled bike setup and technique, and was probably quick enough on his Elsinore to fight off the top Evo bikes if he could've ridden with them.
The only guy I've ever seen who makes riding chop look as smooth as Stefan Everts can - but to do it on a twin-shocker was beautiful to watch.

I'm still in awe now.

Some fantastic racing, punctuated with some very nice bikes.
Couldn't have said it. Better myself. You Brits really do have a way with words. The experience was beyond words.

Did you catch any of the pre 83 125 class where the guy on the twin shock, air cooled 1978 Villa won? Truly amazing performance.

Ryan Voase was amazing as well as Irwin. Truly impressed. Not only by their riding, but with how humble and gentlemanly they were.

Happy with my rider's ride. Greg Crater. He truly redeemed himself from last year. He is pumped about coming back next year. He is a great guy to work with. As we say in the Southern United States "That boy ain't got no quit in him"
9/16/2014 5:12am
My fiancée couldn't understand why I got up at 5am Sunday to collect 3 friends and drive 200 miles to go watch some old guys ride some old dirtbikes.

We arrived in time to watch everything, and were totally thrilled.

The guy on the Villa was a highlight, talk about punching above its weight!!

It was my first VMXdN, and I loved it.
The two stroke, the atmosphere, the bar banging of classic machinery.

My favourite was the final 125 Evo race - what a spectacle!
Why racing 125's isn't compulsory before getting on a four stoke, I don't know?

Post a reply to: Vintage MXdN this weekend @ Farleigh Castle.

The Latest