The Bell moto 3 is back!

Who is going to pick one up? I might get one to go with my street bike project that I will be starting after I wrap up my yz project. I think it would be cool with goggles and the visor removed. I really like the black one with the stripes on it.

|
Uncle Tony
10/7/2016 5:20pm
I just remember the black, red and white helmets, I had a red back in the day, this is really cool
swatdoc
10/8/2016 11:53am
Ordered one yesterday. Been waiting months for these to become available
captmoto
10/8/2016 5:04pm
Who is going to pick one up? I might get one to go with my street bike project that I will be starting after I wrap...
Who is going to pick one up? I might get one to go with my street bike project that I will be starting after I wrap up my yz project. I think it would be cool with goggles and the visor removed. I really like the black one with the stripes on it.

The yellow one never left my garage.

The Shop

swatdoc
10/13/2016 11:15pm
Got mine yesterday. Very cool. I kinda wish the graphics were just stickers, but they're clear-coated over. I guess it's not too big of a deal - I'll be doing a classic vintage Honda red/white/blue paint job on it anyway.
PN27416
10/14/2016 1:08pm
Anyone know the saftey rating? Need 1 for racing and 1 to display.
MaxPower
10/14/2016 5:24pm
350 retail is a little steep. Not complaining, racing cost money, I just need a lot of other things first. They are cool
swatdoc
10/20/2016 8:28pm
PN - it's fully DOT compliant. It's a modern construction helmet - only the styling is vintage.

A heads up to those getting one - I went to install a red Moto-Peak/Paulson style 5 snap visor, and it doesn't fit. The snaps on the new Moto-3 are mounted about a good 1/4" or so too wide at the ends. I MAY be able to dremel the sliding slots a bit to make it fit - we'll see. Might have to just break down and paint the stock visor.
PN27416
10/21/2016 4:25am
swatdoc wrote:
PN - it's fully DOT compliant. It's a modern construction helmet - only the styling is vintage. A heads up to those getting one - I...
PN - it's fully DOT compliant. It's a modern construction helmet - only the styling is vintage.

A heads up to those getting one - I went to install a red Moto-Peak/Paulson style 5 snap visor, and it doesn't fit. The snaps on the new Moto-3 are mounted about a good 1/4" or so too wide at the ends. I MAY be able to dremel the sliding slots a bit to make it fit - we'll see. Might have to just break down and paint the stock visor.
Thanks swatdoc! Was hoping for a better rating then just DOT, might be just a display for me. Bummer on the visor but the one it comes with looks good.
10/21/2016 4:56am
swatdoc wrote:
PN - it's fully DOT compliant. It's a modern construction helmet - only the styling is vintage. A heads up to those getting one - I...

I would hardly call it "modern".

Anything that isn't a 6D or MIPS is old school IMO.

Very cool to bring them back, I would love one to put on display but my head stays in a 6D.
LWC307
10/27/2016 4:09am
swatdoc wrote:

Have you been able to test this out yet? I got some NOS paulson peaks branded DG and JT and would hope i could use those but the studs are already close to the outside edges
swatdoc
10/29/2016 12:55pm
The percentage of mortorcycle helmets on the market today that are 6D or MIPS is actually quite small, and typically in the upper price range at that. I would venture to say they make up significantly less than 10% or total helmet sales in the entire motorcycle industry. So probably over 90% of the helmets being sold today are old school I guess.
Now having said that, I ride my modern bikes with either my Fox MIPS or my Bell Moto 9 Flex.

Haven't tried yet LWC - on vacation right now.
swatdoc
11/28/2016 2:05am
LWC - good news - a little dremel work and the visor fits fine. A little tough to get snapped up, but once it's on , it's on.

Post a reply to: The Bell moto 3 is back!

The Latest