Team International Air Hammer & Broc Glover

vmx3
8/12/2015 9:28am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2015 4:52am
Team International Air Hammer is proud to announce that we have joined forces with YZ490 Legend and 6 time AMA National Champion Broc Glover. Our collective goal is to help raise both funds and awareness for cystic fibrosis, a disease that affects Broc's son Dayne. Broc spends lots of his time raising money and awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation through Team DayneGerous. Team International Air Hammer will be running the Team DayneGerous logo on the tanks of our bikes to help Broc, Dayne, and the thousands of others that fight CF on a daily basis. This cause is close to Team International Air Hammer's hearts as it affects one of our own, someone that we all here look up to. Please go to http://fightcf.cff.org/goto/teamdaynegerous and do what you can to help, it is for a great cause.
Thanks Team International Air Hammer.

|
8/12/2015 11:51am
Broc is SUCH an underrated rider. I think his brand loyalty kept him from a lot more championships, because his riding was definitely not the issue. Sorry to hear about his son.
8/12/2015 12:54pm
Saw this on FB earlier. Great stuff. I'll be there cheering you guys on.
barkhard696
8/12/2015 1:37pm
> I think his brand loyalty kept him from a lot more championships, because his riding was definitely not the issue. Sorry to hear about his son.

+1 on both-- well said Ace

Brock's championship in '84 on a more-or-less stock YZ490 against Bailey on an RC500 is still amazing to me. Brock always seemed the epitome of "professional" when I was a kid back then.

The Shop

b8res
8/12/2015 5:03pm
vmx3 wrote:
Team International Air Hammer is proud to announce that we have joined forces with YZ490 Legend and 6 time AMA National Champion Broc Glover. Our collective...
Team International Air Hammer is proud to announce that we have joined forces with YZ490 Legend and 6 time AMA National Champion Broc Glover. Our collective goal is to help raise both funds and awareness for cystic fibrosis, a disease that affects Broc's son Dayne. Broc spends lots of his time raising money and awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation through Team DayneGerous. Team International Air Hammer will be running the Team DayneGerous logo on the tanks of our bikes to help Broc, Dayne, and the thousands of others that fight CF on a daily basis. This cause is close to Team International Air Hammer's hearts as it affects one of our own, someone that we all here look up to. Please go to http://fightcf.cff.org/goto/teamdaynegerous and do what you can to help, it is for a great cause.
Thanks Team International Air Hammer.

Any chance of t-shirts for this project the Team Hammer logo's?
vmx3
8/13/2015 5:06am
We have Team International Air Hammer T-shirts but there is just 2 types, 1 with the Team logo and 1 with the Farleigh 2015 logo
leeroy
8/14/2015 9:04am

barkhard696
8/14/2015 10:48am
The infamous pink leathers! Broc still looks like he could kick tail on the track. Awesome snap LeeRoy!
RiV
8/14/2015 11:16am
Hopefully Dunlop wont mind Broc taking a pic next to Rory O'Neil of Bridgestones #4 YZ490.......
Some great pics posted up for sure!
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
8/14/2015 10:39pm
leeroy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/08/14/101445/s1200_IMG_4257.jpg[/img]

I was there that night he busted out the pink JT pants for Miller Masters (30 years before the MEC).

Funny how at the time it was just cool he did something different (and backed it up by winning), but 30 years later it is still looked at as a iconic moment. I have dozens of really shitty pictures of that night.

I will never forget a few years later, I thought I was cool and got to the gate early for my 250 pro race at Blythe for the Western States Memorial Race (in honor of Kyle Fleming, Bruce Bunch, and Rick Hemme). Broc was there in his white dually truck (he was about to leave Yamaha for the KTM Europe deal) and Doug Dubach was with him. They rolled up for the moto- and gated on both sides of me. Yeah I did not get a good start. Not that it would have mattered, but it was just so surreal lining up next to them.

If MX was like Golf, with "handicaps", Broc would have destroyed the competition racing that POS YZ490. That was like James Stewart on his best 450 day racing RV on a 2 stroke 250. Yes I get the irony, but Glover was a stud on that 490 POS.
Slosh 112
8/15/2015 12:51am
It can't have been that bad if he beat Bailey on a factory RC500...
Tgo
8/15/2015 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 1:04pm
leeroy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/08/14/101445/s1200_IMG_4257.jpg[/img]

AZ35 wrote:
I was there that night he busted out the pink JT pants for Miller Masters (30 years before the MEC). Funny how at the time it...
I was there that night he busted out the pink JT pants for Miller Masters (30 years before the MEC).

Funny how at the time it was just cool he did something different (and backed it up by winning), but 30 years later it is still looked at as a iconic moment. I have dozens of really shitty pictures of that night.

I will never forget a few years later, I thought I was cool and got to the gate early for my 250 pro race at Blythe for the Western States Memorial Race (in honor of Kyle Fleming, Bruce Bunch, and Rick Hemme). Broc was there in his white dually truck (he was about to leave Yamaha for the KTM Europe deal) and Doug Dubach was with him. They rolled up for the moto- and gated on both sides of me. Yeah I did not get a good start. Not that it would have mattered, but it was just so surreal lining up next to them.

If MX was like Golf, with "handicaps", Broc would have destroyed the competition racing that POS YZ490. That was like James Stewart on his best 450 day racing RV on a 2 stroke 250. Yes I get the irony, but Glover was a stud on that 490 POS.
Nice gesture, Rory. Well done, and good luck at the VMXdN.

P.S. Sorry about the above quote...my mistake.
vmx3
8/16/2015 7:44pm
leeroy wrote:

AZ35 wrote:
I was there that night he busted out the pink JT pants for Miller Masters (30 years before the MEC). Funny how at the time it...

Tgo wrote:
Nice gesture, Rory. Well done, and good luck at the VMXdN.

P.S. Sorry about the above quote...my mistake.
Thanks Thiago, it's not just me it's a team effort.
MAGOO85
8/25/2015 4:52am
> I think his brand loyalty kept him from a lot more championships, because his riding was definitely not the issue. Sorry to hear about his...
> I think his brand loyalty kept him from a lot more championships, because his riding was definitely not the issue. Sorry to hear about his son.

+1 on both-- well said Ace

Brock's championship in '84 on a more-or-less stock YZ490 against Bailey on an RC500 is still amazing to me. Brock always seemed the epitome of "professional" when I was a kid back then.
Ive always thought that was one of if not the greatest achievement in motocross I still find it hard to believe how Broc did it on a worked over stock YZ490 against one of the best bike rider combinations ever Bailey Hrc500 , In 1985 in the world championship gps only one non HRC500 won a race and that was Danny Chandler French 500gp 2nd and 1st , i remember and it was pretty much the same in 84 / 86

Post a reply to: Team International Air Hammer & Broc Glover

The Latest