Splitfire Pro Circuit KX125 1994 Rebuild

Edited Date/Time 6/22/2015 4:55am
After almost i finished my 92 Peak CR125 Project, i started to rebuild a KX125 1994
I just wanna make me a close as possible Splitfire Pro Circuit Replica... i would be happy if i find some dudes who have some knowledge about the ProCircuit KX´s or PC parts for sale/trade.

The bike was in a bad shape and hasn´t the best basis for a restoration but its really hard to find a complete 1994 KX125 in Germany.

Used Splitfire/Hotwheels Plastics. I have a new second set of Plastic with brand new Graphics.

The new electrogalvanized hardwear

Rebuild forks and powdercoated Frame

Im sure the Team used Magnesium Clutchcases but with near zero chance to find a Magnesium KX 1994 Clutchcase, i ended up with the anodized clutchcase...its a little bit darker than the Magnesium ones but im ok with the result.

Almost ready to push a lap...
|
Pat327
7/7/2012 4:45pm
Nice work, Rob! The anodized cases look great.
nine1seven
7/8/2012 6:34am
Holy shit. This project is awesome! I really like the way those cases came out. What anodizing did you use?

I just had a set of those KYB's (96 CR version) works kitted by Pro Circuit, so they still have some works kits available. Also, I think current YZF Ti shock springs will fit that shock and they work awesome and look the part. I know they come in 4.9, 5.0, 5.1, 5.3, 5.5 kg/mm rates. Maybe lower for the YZ125. If you want I could check the colors marks that correspond to the spring rates so you get the right one.

Nice Job man!
newmann
7/8/2012 7:02am
No disrespect to the bikes, but what's up with that flooring? Looks pretty cool.

And keep the KX pics coming.

The Shop

Banana_oil
7/8/2012 1:34pm
Great to see this project and I totally agree on the clutch case, awesome! So you gave up on finding blue plastics for the CR? Wouldn't blue vinyl sheet decals do a descent job?
7/12/2012 11:57pm
Absolutely awesome. The '94 was one of my favorite bikes ever. Please keep us updated, with the work you've done on the PEAK honda, I can only imagine this will turn out just as good. Looks incredible so far, I know I would love to do one of these someday, so the progress pics and details are great.
pete24
7/13/2012 8:43pm
if your just looking at it and not ridding it i have a lot of TI yamaha shock springs if you want one pm me, i just dont know the spring rate cant remember what they came from
reviseur
7/15/2012 7:59am
After almost i finished my 92 Peak CR125 Project, i started to rebuild a KX125 1994 I just wanna make me a close as possible Splitfire...
After almost i finished my 92 Peak CR125 Project, i started to rebuild a KX125 1994
I just wanna make me a close as possible Splitfire Pro Circuit Replica... i would be happy if i find some dudes who have some knowledge about the ProCircuit KX´s or PC parts for sale/trade.

The bike was in a bad shape and hasn´t the best basis for a restoration but its really hard to find a complete 1994 KX125 in Germany.

Used Splitfire/Hotwheels Plastics. I have a new second set of Plastic with brand new Graphics.

The new electrogalvanized hardwear

Rebuild forks and powdercoated Frame

Im sure the Team used Magnesium Clutchcases but with near zero chance to find a Magnesium KX 1994 Clutchcase, i ended up with the anodized clutchcase...its a little bit darker than the Magnesium ones but im ok with the result.

Almost ready to push a lap...
looks really great, can you explain in detail what you did with the cases?

I know a guy who has the PC special linkage for this bike , still NOS in package !! pls send a PM
Ewan
7/17/2012 3:09pm
Looks great - i'm sure the guys over at KXriders forum would wet thereselves at this build.

I did a total restoration on my '91 back in the winter of '08-'09 - this thread makes me want to do another.

That clutch case looks the tits man, Looking forward to watching progress.
NESC838
7/18/2012 6:13pm
Absolutely amazing!

Your 1992 Team Peak Honda and this Splitfire Pro Circuit KX are two of the bikes I've only dreamt of rebuilding. I can certainly appreciate the time and attention to detail you've invested into both projects.

Please keep us updated on your progress!
MOTO120
8/3/2012 11:09am
Please provide some more info on the anodized cases..........who did it, what color, effects to the internal workings, etc. Looks absolutely awesome!
Rovalova
8/3/2012 3:21pm
very jelous, looks great, still trying to find the plastics to complete my 93 pc kx125, anyone......
8/6/2012 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2012 1:58pm
Hi Guys, thanks for the nice feedback.

To get that color at the Case is not really a rocket science.
The case was Glass-blasted and after that just clear anodized. Its because the Case are "pressure/die casting" and it depends on the material what it looks like after anodized. The OEM Clutch Case will go dark grey...a billet triple clamp looks after anodize stll silver and shiny.... thats all what i know and he told me.

But noted, every scratch will look silver ...its just for display

i notized, my anodized clutchcase isn´t fare away from the magnesium

Look the Crankcase at the Bike not the Girl ...and let your hands over the table!

i also anodized the bracket of the rearbrake to get a little bit more factory style

The 94 Dogbones are still available at Pro Circuit
Ewan
8/6/2012 3:09pm
Hi Guys, thanks for the nice feedback. To get that color at the Case is not really a rocket science. The case was Glass-blasted and after...
Hi Guys, thanks for the nice feedback.

To get that color at the Case is not really a rocket science.
The case was Glass-blasted and after that just clear anodized. Its because the Case are "pressure/die casting" and it depends on the material what it looks like after anodized. The OEM Clutch Case will go dark grey...a billet triple clamp looks after anodize stll silver and shiny.... thats all what i know and he told me.

But noted, every scratch will look silver ...its just for display

i notized, my anodized clutchcase isn´t fare away from the magnesium

Look the Crankcase at the Bike not the Girl ...and let your hands over the table!

i also anodized the bracket of the rearbrake to get a little bit more factory style

The 94 Dogbones are still available at Pro Circuit
Bet you that Girl hasn't aged as well as the KX......

Is that a works pipe i spy in your progress pics above?

I had to settle for a platinum pipe for my '91 as PC, nor any of their distributors had any new old stock. Still annoys me 3 years on!
Surfinglbi23
8/13/2012 1:19pm
Sick bike man, that seat and graphics combo is legit - A lot of this mid 90's stuff is totally unobtainable, I'm always on the hunt for some mid 90's NOS stuff
bradmx421
8/23/2012 1:10pm
do you know where to score a seat cover for this bike?
Surfinglbi23
8/23/2012 2:41pm
Danger MX in the UK might be able to do it for you -- I'm waiting on a 95 RM cover I ordered a few weeks ago. WIll post up when it comes in
Ewan
8/26/2012 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2012 3:55pm
Danger UK are fantastic, used them a few times and always been happy with their work.

They must be mobbed with 90's requests just now, i know a few guys getting old seat covers and graphics replicated.

Isn't the world a small place these days? If you told someone you were using a graphics company the other side of the atlantic 10 years ago they would tell you you were nuts!

When i did my '91 i was buying NOS parts from the UK, Belgium, Holland, the US and Australia, so much easier to restore bikes like these with www.! Searching for a scoring parts almost became as much fun as assembling and then finally riding the damn thing!
Kidkawie
8/31/2012 7:10am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2012 7:11am
Hello, I just found this thread searching for Splitfire/Hot Wheels bikes. There's a guy in the UK with a bunch of graphics kits but I can't find blue plastic anywhere. Any leads for the rear fender and side panels?

I'm just about finished with my 94 KX250 factory replica. I tried to use parts from 94 or that era, got some cool stuff. I have a huge thread on TT in the Kaw smoker section. Here's a couple recent pics, been building it for about 3 years now.

Love your Splitfire build man!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n248/Jeekinz/94%20KX250/CopyofIMG_49…

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n248/Jeekinz/94%20KX250/IMG_4890.jpg

restored the pipe
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n248/Jeekinz/94%20KX250/IMG_3172a.jpg

trick spring preload adjusters
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n248/Jeekinz/94%20KX250/IMG_2837.jpg
Kidkawie
9/4/2012 10:23am
Banana_oil wrote:
Some of you might find these interesting: Graphics
That's what I mentioned in my post. They're useless without the blue plastics. Especially for that price.
Banana_oil
9/4/2012 12:50pm
Banana_oil wrote:
Some of you might find these interesting: Graphics
Kidkawie wrote:
That's what I mentioned in my post. They're useless without the blue plastics. Especially for that price.
Sorry, didn't read your post carefully enough. I guess the seat cover is tough to find aswell.
evomx244
10/12/2012 2:48am
bradmx421 wrote:
do you know where to score a seat cover for this bike?
I have a complete splitfire kit with seat cover I'd sell
Original 44
10/15/2012 4:30am
evomx244 wrote:
Scott, I'm interested. PM me.
Pat327
10/20/2012 11:51am
evomx244 wrote:
What year? Just curious.
NESC838
1/8/2013 6:55pm
Hoping to stir additional interest by bumping an old thread. I'm continuously searching for old Splitfire Pro Circuit products, so I'm curious to see if there's been any progress made on this rebuild?

I'd hate not getting the pleasure of seeing such a nice bike reach completion.
1/9/2013 10:02am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2013 11:05am
Hi Guys, i was was pretty busy the last few months and haven´t made much progress with my project.

The Engine has all new bearings and seals. New Crankshaft and New Cylinder with OEM first Size Piston.
I got a used Hinson Basket and a used Gear unit. The Gearwheels of the 2nd and 3th Gear was broken and they aren´t available at KX Shops anymore. Its already a Nightmare to find some OEM Parts for a 1994 KX.

I found a Works-Connection Skidplate an welded 2 braces at the frame.

The Frame got a new Powdercoating with another Green. Its much brighter and match perfect to the plastic.
The Green isn´t a "RAL" Color and is only as special-order available. My Friend at the Powdercoatingshop wasn´t happy about my wish because the manufactur accept only orders with a minimum of 10kg and the special-order are pretty expensive. But he did it for me and for a very good price.

Same Day when i got my Frame back, i put the Powerplant into the frame.I still need to change nuts from the Cylinder and head into some new ones.

I mounted a Boyesen Rad Valve, because the OEM-Intake isn´t available anymore. Im not really happy about the Rad Valve. There is zero space between Crankcase and Carb.

This is how it looks today at my office, coaded with dust.

If somebody can help me out with a new Airbox or know where i can find one, that would be super awesome!
1/9/2013 10:08am
@ NESC838
its pretty hard to find parts for the Splitfire Kawis. look for "Docwob" at Ebay.uk he still have some 1994 Graphics.
But to find a Seatcover or the Blue Plastics is pretty pretty hard. I haven´t seen stuff like this the last 3 years.
Its already hard to find Pro Circuit stuff for a 2002 KX125 ....
Kidkawie
1/9/2013 10:39am
Coming along nicely.

I know all about finding parts for these old bikes, took nearly 3 years to finish mine. The hunt is fun at first, then it just becomes work. You have to just babysit Ebay. I bought stuff from all over the world, nearly every English speaking Ebay site.

You should be able to use a 95+ carb holder as long as the bike had a Keihin. If you stick with the Rad Valve, I've seen people put a small patch of high-density foam under the carb.
1/9/2013 11:04am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2013 11:04am
Kidkawie wrote:
Coming along nicely. I know all about finding parts for these old bikes, took nearly 3 years to finish mine. The hunt is fun at first...
Coming along nicely.

I know all about finding parts for these old bikes, took nearly 3 years to finish mine. The hunt is fun at first, then it just becomes work. You have to just babysit Ebay. I bought stuff from all over the world, nearly every English speaking Ebay site.

You should be able to use a 95+ carb holder as long as the bike had a Keihin. If you stick with the Rad Valve, I've seen people put a small patch of high-density foam under the carb.
I don´t think the 95+ intake will fit because Kawa changed the Crankcase to 95.
If i remember right, Pro Circuit modified the intake at the 94 Racebikes, they moved the Carb closer to the intake for a shorter way. In 95 Kawasaki build the KX 125 Case like PC modified it in 94.

There is even no space for foam between Carb.and Case. its about 1mm.
I will check when i have a Airbox and mounted with the boot, maybe there is 1mm more.

Post a reply to: Splitfire Pro Circuit KX125 1994 Rebuild

The Latest