Someone snaked my Splitfire jersey off eBay!

RyanLester761
Edited Date/Time 8/6/2014 11:50pm
I had my eye on (and alarm set) to bid on this jersey which had 4 days left... I checked back and the seller revised it to a Buy it Now and it sold for $85. I am pissed right now! I needed that jersey. Augh!Angry

|
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
8/6/2014 2:14pm
It never hurts to contact a seller on ebay and ask him his price to "buy it now" I have made several purchases that way and as long as you are not worried about getting a "deal" it is a good way to go. If you and the seller can agree on a price then you just need to be ready when he revises it.
RyanLester761
8/6/2014 2:34pm
Good tip Ed. Yes, I thought of that after the fact and have heard of people doing that. Lesson learned. I hate missing out on something I "need".

Thanks for your reply.

Ryan
newmann
8/6/2014 2:35pm
Had it still been available when your alarm went off you still could have lost it to a sniper. Esnipe is too easy to set up and flawless on bidding while you are sleeping or out to dinner or off to the races. Set your maximum bid to be tossed out 3 seconds before the end of the auction and forget about it. Since it doesn't bid until the last three seconds it will only be bidding against other snipers. No one sitting at their computer will have time to drive the price up .

It only bids to the next bidding increment. I get quite a bit of stuff that way and if someone outbids me, at least I didn't overpay to get something.
RyanLester761
8/6/2014 2:59pm
Great info guys. And thanks for your sympathy. I WAS pretty upset about it. I would be pissed about the Showa A kit too! I will look into the Esnipe thing for sure! And I did contact the seller to ask what happened and asked him to give the buyer my ebay name. I don't think he will do anything since I never got a reply at this point.

The Shop

Pat327
8/6/2014 7:27pm
I have the same jersey, but I'm not sure if I want to let go of it.
RyanLester761
8/6/2014 10:47pm
Wow I feel like an ass but the day ended up pretty awesome!

I couldn't believe it but my girlfriend was "the sniper"! She caved in and told me after I wouldn't stop "crying" about my loss today. Wow, she is the best! All that after I emailed the seller twice. (The second email was to apologize for my attitude in the first email) hahaha

Thanks for your replies guys. I have a pretty good story about the jersey now. I'm pretty damn happy about now.Laughing
jtracing6
8/6/2014 11:50pm
I've had the same happen to me and had to wait around 2 years for another NOS part to show up again. As said above it helps to contact the seller to see if he will accept an offer or buy it now price. I haven't heard of esnipe but will check it out. Good luck finding a shirt in the (not too distant) future.

Post a reply to: Someone snaked my Splitfire jersey off eBay!

The Latest