Saddleback Park

wownd out
1/27/2010 6:22pm
Looks like Mick to me! anybody know what happened to his sister Donna, she was one cool chick and hot as hell too she worked for out company for a couple of years.
Mr. G
1/29/2010 11:00am
My wife was never interested in moto until she met me and every time we drive by Saddleback ( live close by) I try to explain the greatness the utter greatness of Saddleback Park and it just has to be experienced. I keep thinking that as time goes by I will sort of forget about Saddleback but it was really something to live 15 minutes from the greatest motocross park of all time. I always tell her it was the Disneyland of motocross. Sorry, I shouldn't complain as all here probably feel similar but..........................
nmachamp
1/29/2010 1:03pm
wownd out wrote:
I used the inside alot and i used to put my front wheel right up against the gate with the clutch just starting to engage but...
I used the inside alot and i used to put my front wheel right up against the gate with the clutch just starting to engage but not turning the rear wheel it usually worked out well.
Probably why you never got the hole shot
wownd out
1/30/2010 10:54am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2010 1:44pm
Hey Paul give it a rest dude or is this gonna turn into a smack talkin contest, i don't talk shit about you, don't talk shit about me!!!

The Shop

Webcokid
1/30/2010 1:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2010 5:46pm
Micky Dymond
Too easy for you guys. He's still riding and hauling ass. We had a fire back in 84 up in Villa Park and they had just cleared an old orange grove. It rained a bunch and me and some pals were out play riding in the mud near this old area called Goozemans. Here comes Micky and Taylor in Mickys 4x4 catching air up this levels in the mud. He was just abusing that truck and slamming the suspension. Rember thinking, how radical! I think they kinds tripped out on me riding our track in two feet of mud. Just total slop, but hey, I liked that!
1/30/2010 5:29pm
Micky Dymond
Webcokid wrote:
Too easy for you guys. He's still riding and hauling ass. We had a fire back in 84 up in Villa Park and they had just...
Too easy for you guys. He's still riding and hauling ass. We had a fire back in 84 up in Villa Park and they had just cleared an old orange grove. It rained a bunch and me and some pals were out play riding in the mud near this old area called Goozemans. Here comes Micky and Taylor in Mickys 4x4 catching air up this levels in the mud. He was just abusing that truck and slamming the suspension. Rember thinking, how radical! I think they kinds tripped out on me riding our track in two feet of mud. Just total slop, but hey, I liked that!
I remember him seeing him when I started racing in 81-82 at OCIR on the Maico's...he was fast at that time too. It was good to see him do well at Honda for the two years he was there.
chipnice
1/30/2010 7:55pm
Micky and myself took that beast up to his fathers cabin in Big Bear, full on white out blizard, CHP put up a road block, no one in or out, Mick bombed right through it. When we pulled into Running Springs the guy at the liquer store was shaking head saying dam punks. We had a case of beer and two boxes of Luckey charms, what a weekend
Sprew
1/31/2010 10:21pm
wownd out wrote:
It was a combined Boat dealer and limited Yamaha motorcycles just dirt bikes. i lived only 3 miles from there it was on Harbor Blvd and...
It was a combined Boat dealer and limited Yamaha motorcycles just dirt bikes. i lived only 3 miles from there it was on Harbor Blvd and Orangethorpe ave. Fullerton also had a sad little track called Fullerton minibike track it was next to the oil fields and golf course wich were better to ride than the track, i could go through my neghborhood to the railroad tracks then onto the golf course and oil fields andy day i wanted and no one ever called the cops, the good ol days!.
That was a long time ago. Costco is there now. Are you talking about the track on Bastanchury, by the hospital? What oil fields did you ride in.? Fullerton Dam?
Webcokid
2/1/2010 9:11am
chipnice wrote:
Micky and myself took that beast up to his fathers cabin in Big Bear, full on white out blizard, CHP put up a road block, no...
Micky and myself took that beast up to his fathers cabin in Big Bear, full on white out blizard, CHP put up a road block, no one in or out, Mick bombed right through it. When we pulled into Running Springs the guy at the liquer store was shaking head saying dam punks. We had a case of beer and two boxes of Luckey charms, what a weekend
I bet you guys had some fun! What were the lucky charms for?
wownd out
2/1/2010 2:00pm
Sprew, yeah it was the little mini bike track by the golf course on Bastanchury road, and all those were kinda linked together you could go thru the golf course to the oil fields and the old mini bike park, i didn't do it alot but it was fun as hell riding thru the golf course, they would make a good MX track!.
Webcokid
2/1/2010 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2010 9:16pm
wownd out wrote:
Sprew, yeah it was the little mini bike track by the golf course on Bastanchury road, and all those were kinda linked together you could go...
Sprew, yeah it was the little mini bike track by the golf course on Bastanchury road, and all those were kinda linked together you could go thru the golf course to the oil fields and the old mini bike park, i didn't do it alot but it was fun as hell riding thru the golf course, they would make a good MX track!.
You know wound out, I gotta say, it's pretty cool your hangin around this string. Ya, this is one of the "baby bitchs". I can honestly say I logged over 150 days of riding at saddleback and know that park like the back of my hand. We had a

Track above the flat track by the back track and used the middle jump as part of it. Also, we used to ride out back by the TT track and used the big oak tree as a turn around the water hole during the winter months. In the summer, the lottus were so loud we'd stop and listen to the bug noise. My pal lost his 125 in the retaining mud hole below the Matahorn because his feet came off the pegs and in the pit he went.It took my dad 1 hour to drive down the back road in the mud to help us get his bike out. We waided in the mud to our waist, tied a rope around the forks, and drug his bike out like a dead cow. I got the balls one day to go down the matahorn because I could never make it up it. I bailed real hard, like quadrupal info hard and hurt my bike pretty bad. Still can't beleive I did not break! But hey, at 11 years old, bones tend to bend a little! So, wound out, why don't you lay down your most ultimate feat, battle or win at the"back" this will be your ultimate chance to shut up is "baby Bitches". Was it on an 80 or the 125? And remember, the NMA champ and #6 BB are listening. Oh, I bet Sam Storer is listening too!
Mr. G
2/2/2010 3:51am
Man I never even tried the Mattahorn. One day I was sitting at the top watching and this old guy rides up, his two kids get off his bike which was an old DT Yamaha replete with those tuna can looking resavore on the top of the fork legs. Anyway he rides down the Mattahorn, turns around and rides up. No big deal it seemed..............................I still didn't try it.
wownd out
2/2/2010 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:32pm

Ok Webco Kid, I think it was 82 World Mini, 100cc expert class 1st moto i holeshot Lechien is on my ass i hold him off for 2 laps i make a mistake in a turn he gets by held his pace till the end of the moto. moto 2 i holeshot again, and im holdin him off this time, he gets around me up webco hill, i get him back half a lap later, so he's on my ass again, 1 lap to go on the jump before the finish i over jump and land hard in mud it almost throws me off, Lechien goes on for the win.

!983, Saddleback AMA 250 Nationonal, Carlsbad 125 National, SanDeigo SX, Astrodome SX . Superbowl of motocross at the Rosebowl. 1984, Hangtown national, Holehot both moto's on a (bone stock) RM125, lost the lead within a few corners to Ward, this was my last race, we came home to practice at Saddleback for the upcoming first ever arenacross in SanDiego and Saddleback was closed forever, i never made it to the Arenacross that weekend passed it up for my first time getting layed with the chick that would eventually have Mike Healey's kid. The one thing i don't miss about MX is all the bullshit talking on other people!.
nmachamp
2/3/2010 12:01am
wownd out wrote:
Hey Paul give it a rest dude or is this gonna turn into a smack talkin contest, i don't talk shit about you, don't talk shit...
Hey Paul give it a rest dude or is this gonna turn into a smack talkin contest, i don't talk shit about you, don't talk shit about me!!!
You got it WOWND OUT... I rarely talk smack on any one, unless they have things so ass backwords, THAt i must set them on the true path... most peaple remember the past how they want to anyway.. we all had are favorite riders, tracks, races.ect... you my friend just seem a little to sure of yourself... I hope you are... cause i will call you on it..
nmachamp
2/3/2010 12:18am
I would sure like to see the results of that 82, 100cc class.. or the article written up about that awsome battle between you and ronnie.. or anything ever showing you finishing top 3, in any race ever raced in your delusional, profesional, or amature career..Just one mag cover or cycle news write up, to shut me up!! ill even take a novice class victory..
2/3/2010 3:14am
nmachamp wrote:
I would sure like to see the results of that 82, 100cc class.. or the article written up about that awsome battle between you and ronnie...
I would sure like to see the results of that 82, 100cc class.. or the article written up about that awsome battle between you and ronnie.. or anything ever showing you finishing top 3, in any race ever raced in your delusional, profesional, or amature career..Just one mag cover or cycle news write up, to shut me up!! ill even take a novice class victory..
Har! Surely someone has to have a picture of a privateer double moto holeshot from the '84 Hangtown national.
Bauer
2/3/2010 9:14am
wownd out wrote:
Ok Webco Kid, I think it was 82 World Mini, 100cc expert class 1st moto i holeshot Lechien is on my ass i hold him off...

Ok Webco Kid, I think it was 82 World Mini, 100cc expert class 1st moto i holeshot Lechien is on my ass i hold him off for 2 laps i make a mistake in a turn he gets by held his pace till the end of the moto. moto 2 i holeshot again, and im holdin him off this time, he gets around me up webco hill, i get him back half a lap later, so he's on my ass again, 1 lap to go on the jump before the finish i over jump and land hard in mud it almost throws me off, Lechien goes on for the win.

!983, Saddleback AMA 250 Nationonal, Carlsbad 125 National, SanDeigo SX, Astrodome SX . Superbowl of motocross at the Rosebowl. 1984, Hangtown national, Holehot both moto's on a (bone stock) RM125, lost the lead within a few corners to Ward, this was my last race, we came home to practice at Saddleback for the upcoming first ever arenacross in SanDiego and Saddleback was closed forever, i never made it to the Arenacross that weekend passed it up for my first time getting layed with the chick that would eventually have Mike Healey's kid. The one thing i don't miss about MX is all the bullshit talking on other people!.
There was never a 125 National at Carlsbad
Bill163
2/3/2010 9:29am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:33pm
wownd out wrote:
Ok Webco Kid, I think it was 82 World Mini, 100cc expert class 1st moto i holeshot Lechien is on my ass i hold him off...

Bauer wrote:
There was never a 125 National at Carlsbad
There was a 125 national at Carlsbad in 1981 the one Barnett missed Johnny 'O won the overall and Rick Johnson won his first national moto as a Yamaha support rider.

Bauer tell Scott Kandel I remember his first team he was on.Ruckel's Racers at Irwindale Raceway.
wownd out
2/3/2010 10:14am
Ok guys here are a few of my pit passes for Nationals and Supercross, and the picture is me #146 and Doug dubach at the hangtown national 1984. Anybody else got any pictures or proof they raced SX or the Nat's???

IMG]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n152/charlie365/100_1917.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n152/charlie365/100_1921.jpg[/IMG]
Webcokid
2/3/2010 9:17pm
wownd out wrote:
[IMG]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n152/charlie365/100_1917.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n152/charlie365/100_1921.jpg[/IMG]

Way to go wound out! It's good to see you lay down your favorite ride at the back and can appreciate your memories. After all, that's what it all came down to. Spending time at the track with friends or in this case the motocross family. And also, getting to spend that much time with your pops! That was the best part about racing and always admired the dads that were so committed. Guys like Ralph Bunch, Dave Taylor, and Jack Dennis are fine examples. I guess scotty browns dad would fall into that catagory as well. Glad to see you on the high road wound out!
flyfishnw
2/4/2010 7:07am
wownd out wrote:
[IMG]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n152/charlie365/100_1917.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n152/charlie365/100_1921.jpg[/IMG]

Webcokid wrote:
Way to go wound out! It's good to see you lay down your favorite ride at the back and can appreciate your memories. After all, that's...
Way to go wound out! It's good to see you lay down your favorite ride at the back and can appreciate your memories. After all, that's what it all came down to. Spending time at the track with friends or in this case the motocross family. And also, getting to spend that much time with your pops! That was the best part about racing and always admired the dads that were so committed. Guys like Ralph Bunch, Dave Taylor, and Jack Dennis are fine examples. I guess scotty browns dad would fall into that catagory as well. Glad to see you on the high road wound out!
Webco, you nailed it. best time of my life, racing thur night, fri night, sat and sunday, had a monopoly on my dad, he was my best friend during those years, still is as a result of the time we spent together.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
3970th
2/4/2010 3:07pm
wownd out wrote:

I hope you are not claiming to be 298.
wownd out
2/4/2010 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2010 6:02pm
Uptite! read the original post! and why?. Are you claiming to be Doug Dubach?
nmachamp
2/5/2010 12:08am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2010 12:15am
Webcokid
2/19/2010 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2010 4:15pm
nmachamp wrote:
Good to see you out at Anahiem! Maybe we'll see you again this year at Glen Helen!
Webcokid
2/24/2010 4:14pm

Who can identify this past racer. He was a Saddleback fixture and mini bike race of champion repeat winner back in the 70's. He told me a story about hitting a rock at the top of Banzai and bailing all the way down to the bottom of the hill. His helmet split right in half and he was knocked out cold. Knarly! Also, my pal coined it well when we were talking to him after the race at Anaheim. "He was like a goast when he walked out of his truck before a moto". He was all business and cold as ice! " You knew he was going to win, just by the looks of him".
nmachamp
2/24/2010 11:52pm
Webcokid wrote:
Good to see you out at Anahiem! Maybe we'll see you again this year at Glen Helen!
CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
nmachamp
2/25/2010 12:06am
wownd out wrote:
Hey Paul give it a rest dude or is this gonna turn into a smack talkin contest, i don't talk shit about you, don't talk shit...
I believe you said, i was really not fast at all... and a decent intermediate.. but you werent really sure cause you never really even saw me ever do anything...Im still waiting to see any results of you, in any class finishing in the top 30... not pit passes or banners you took from different tracks.
wownd out
2/25/2010 9:09am
Guess i never really paid much attention to you!

Post a reply to: Saddleback Park

The Latest