Newmann

KTMShane699
8/24/2015 7:27pm
Well done FTE!!! And congrats Newmann on some sweet new forks!

Shane
newmann
8/24/2015 7:50pm
Oh, I haven't bit. Yet. Laughing

I passed on a set of those when they were going for half that but it just seemed like ridiculous money at the time. Passed on a set of works Yamaha forks(forks only) for my OW27 I had that NEEDED them when they topped $1600.00. And now here these beauties starting at $2500.00....Pinch This whole vintage thing tends to lose a bit of the fun when prices are through the roof. Can you imagine how much it would cost to build a proper bike around those forks?Laughing

The Shop

KTMShane699
8/24/2015 8:06pm
Yet was the key word! You still have time. And I'm sure they're on your radar now. It's just what you have laying around to apply them too. And it would be an amazing bike to build around those forks. You're one of the few who does the vintage builds correctly.

Fortunately for me, growing up I got to see a lot of the trick stuff from the era of yesterday. I only wish I realized than what I know now about it. But I was just a little kid back in the 80's and when these things were all over at my grandparents. My uncle is Jimmy Ellis, and that would make George Ellis (RIP granddad) my grandfather. So I'm sure you can appreciate some of the parts and knowledge around the shop when I grew up!

If I had the time, resources and money I would love to build a replica of one of Jimmy's can-am's the way my grandfather used to build them. To know then what I know now...I would have made my grandfather do it with me.

Shane
newmann
8/25/2015 8:45am
If the whole bike was there I would be shaking in my shoes. Sooooo very trick and rare as can be.

newmann
8/25/2015 9:32am
He even has the shocks. At least they are affordable!Smile

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
8/25/2015 9:35am
newmann wrote:
Oh, I haven't bit. Yet. :laugh: I passed on a set of those when they were going for half that but it just seemed like ridiculous...
Oh, I haven't bit. Yet. Laughing

I passed on a set of those when they were going for half that but it just seemed like ridiculous money at the time. Passed on a set of works Yamaha forks(forks only) for my OW27 I had that NEEDED them when they topped $1600.00. And now here these beauties starting at $2500.00....Pinch This whole vintage thing tends to lose a bit of the fun when prices are through the roof. Can you imagine how much it would cost to build a proper bike around those forks?Laughing
They're not "vintage" . . . they're "works." Evil
GIwasB4
8/26/2015 10:55am
These are just as trick if your a YZ aficionado. I would think this claim could be easily verified by Good?

Ex Bob Hannah 38mm forks from OW40 purchased many years ago from Terry Good,extremely good condition . Includes billet lower triple clamp, upper triple clamp and front number plate.

US$2750.00

newmann
8/26/2015 11:55am
GIwasB4 wrote:
These are just as trick if your a YZ aficionado. I would think this claim could be easily verified by Good? Ex Bob Hannah 38mm forks...
These are just as trick if your a YZ aficionado. I would think this claim could be easily verified by Good?

Ex Bob Hannah 38mm forks from OW40 purchased many years ago from Terry Good,extremely good condition . Includes billet lower triple clamp, upper triple clamp and front number plate.

US$2750.00

Those appear to be some tasty billet trickness there. Hannah's forks? Anyone with a works something or other can claim it to have been used by so and so. I understand there is a complete OW27 out there being touted as Hannah's as well. Appeared right about the time that Velkeneer's bike got sold over in the Netherlands.
tydog
8/26/2015 2:38pm
newmann wrote:
Those appear to be some tasty billet trickness there. Hannah's forks? Anyone with a works something or other can claim it to have been used by...
Those appear to be some tasty billet trickness there. Hannah's forks? Anyone with a works something or other can claim it to have been used by so and so. I understand there is a complete OW27 out there being touted as Hannah's as well. Appeared right about the time that Velkeneer's bike got sold over in the Netherlands.
Truth there my good man!
fookyoo
8/27/2015 6:33am
Cool sh@t!
OW? or zero W?
Have to check it out too!
GIwasB4
8/30/2015 8:56pm
GIwasB4 wrote:
These are just as trick if your a YZ aficionado. I would think this claim could be easily verified by Good? Ex Bob Hannah 38mm forks...

US$2750.00

newmann wrote:
Those appear to be some tasty billet trickness there. Hannah's forks? Anyone with a works something or other can claim it to have been used by...
yzvet426
8/31/2015 2:20pm
newmann wrote:
If the whole bike was there I would be shaking in my shoes. Sooooo very trick and rare as can be. [img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTEyMlgxNjAw/z/67gAAOSwHnFV1wOV/$_57.JPG[/img] [img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjE5WDE2MDA=/z/Jx0AAOSwPcVV1wOX/$_57.JPG[/img]
If the whole bike was there I would be shaking in my shoes. Sooooo very trick and rare as can be.

Well he's got the Airbox, forks, Shocks. there are 2 guys selling the top end';s piston reeds. Newmans got 2 or 3 pipes so all that's left is that frame. Can you rework a 79 frame? He'll also sell you a repro Mugan arm , although Newmans probably already got that. I see a Mugen in someones future... LOL

Hasletjoe
9/5/2015 6:53pm

The Formative Years for Newmann

Post a reply to: Newmann

The Latest