Mashup - TTR & YZ

one1
I've battled my YZ engine long enough. I give in. I have a ttr-125 with no plastics or rear tire that I've been saving for when i want to do a frankenstien build and this is going to be it.

1982 YZ100
2004 TTR-125

I'm going to steal the engine, harness, cdi, coil, etc from the ttr. Frame-off the YZ from a fresh start. Should take me a week to do. I'll have to weld some engine mounts, flip the rear end and relocate the rear brake. The YZ sprocket from the engine fits the TTR so it makes it a lot easier to keep the larger chain.

I love the YZ frame and size, but I have had nothing but uphill battles with the engine and parts (anyone want the engine parts?) whereas I have always liked my ttr's (250 enduro seen by the yz) but the 125 is a bit small. Seems like a good time to make the best of both worlds.

|
Moto Mofo
5/17/2017 8:22pm
Those YZ100s are hard to find and in demand with the vintage guys these days, you might consider selling it before you chop it up!
one1
5/17/2017 8:46pm
Not chopping a thing. Just going to fab mounts so when I'm done playing it can go back to a stock rolling frame. I can't stand waxers in any group from bikes to cars to transformers collections. Use it or sell it. :-)

Post a reply to: Mashup - TTR & YZ

The Latest