Many stolen bikes in UK!!!

tydog
Edited Date/Time 4/8/2016 8:21pm
Gents,
Please help if you see anything!!! I received the below from a friend in UK: A fuggn thief is a thief no matter what your accent!!!! Kill em' on sight we say here in the South of USA

I was woken early this morning by my son-in-law who was preparing to go to work at approx 5.30am as he had noticed a 1980 Honda CR80 dumped at the bottom of my drive ......

I have suffered a break in to my Garage and approximately 30 YES !! 30 vintage motocross bikes have been stolen the thieving bastards !!! Sad

Here is a list so far ........over £20000 worth so far

1985 Honda CR500RF with 86 Gold wheels seat missing new michelin S12 tyres

1999 Honda CR85BW

2005 Honda CRF230

1983 Honda CR125RD DG pipe and silencer

1980 Honda CR250RA never raced !

1983 Honda CR480 DG pipe

1988 Honda CR500RH FMF pipe and silencer

2009 Honda CRF150R BW Dr D pipe and silencer, black frame ,

1989 Kawasaki KX80BW

Also be on the look out for nos Honda spares as I have had 4 boxes of new old stock plastics taken !

Also stolen

1982 Honda CR80RC MINT !!

1980 Honda CR80RA ............THE LIST GOES ON !!!!

Also 1997 Ex Rob Herring RWJ CR250 team bike very distinctive bike !!

This list will rise as between 20 and 30 bikes have been taken from the stock of Back to the future vmx LTD

I am offering a reward ! of £5000 for the return of the bikes and information leading to the conviction and prosecution of the peratrators !!!

Please contact with any information , it will be treated in the strictest confidence !rd
|
Jim in VA
4/5/2016 6:13pm
That sucks man! Thieving bastards... I know you can't have guns in the UK, but I'd surely have some creative booby traps in my shop.. It would likely be the last mistake they made. Maybe a couple German Shepard!! Good luck getting them back, I hope you can.
Jim in VA
4/5/2016 6:15pm
Misunderstanding... Your buddy is in the UK.. Do you live in a city or in the country?
4/5/2016 6:16pm
This blows!!! I feel your pain as I got dinged for six bikes a few years ago. Got 2 back. Sounds more like about $ 75 - 100K missing, as well as irreplaceable bikes. Best of luck!

Fuck thieves- kill em all.
Sidecar
4/5/2016 11:00pm
My wife saw this on Facebook last night..... Petes a good guy too, really into his vintage moto.... Gutted for him!!!

The Shop

fookyoo
4/6/2016 5:01am
Bad deal!

No security system?
motion detectors?

I installed motion detectors, security system
motion lights
plus lock bikes, and also secure bikes to floor with
locks and chains
have done this for years
stops the local crooks anyway
Andy86
4/6/2016 6:33am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2016 6:34am
I have linked this post over on Mxtrax in the uk hopefully the thieves get whats coming to them

Tydog we need some pictures and details ASAP to help spread the word
tydog
4/6/2016 10:09am
Andy86 wrote:
I have linked this post over on Mxtrax in the uk hopefully the thieves get whats coming to them Tydog we need some pictures and details...
I have linked this post over on Mxtrax in the uk hopefully the thieves get whats coming to them

I wish I had more, sorry, as that info actually came from Facebook. He lives about 10 miles outside Chesterfield in a very rural area I was told. He has lost some VERY rare and valuable bikes, some ex-works that are not replaceable.
Andy86
4/6/2016 10:23am
Andy86 wrote:
I have linked this post over on Mxtrax in the uk hopefully the thieves get whats coming to them Tydog we need some pictures and details...

tydog wrote:
I wish I had more, sorry, as that info actually came from Facebook. He lives about 10 miles outside Chesterfield in a very rural area I...
I wish I had more, sorry, as that info actually came from Facebook. He lives about 10 miles outside Chesterfield in a very rural area I was told. He has lost some VERY rare and valuable bikes, some ex-works that are not replaceable.
Yep i spoke to pete this afternoon regarding the theft he is going to add some pictures to the post i made on mxtrax about the theft i really hope he gets his property back
Jim in VA
4/6/2016 6:42pm
This reminds me.. A few years ago I fabricated some very heavy duty, but compact and nice looking anchoring plates for exactly this type of thing. All high strength steel, that can be anchored into concrete, or wood, and are indestructible. I got great reception at several local cycle shops to sell through them, but due to different circumstances in my life, never followed through. I'll post some pics in a few days for anyone interested. I'm willing to sell them for not much over cost of materials. I've been a skilled welder for 20 years now, and specialize in aluminum.. I've not done much side work in the last 2 years, as I now work on automated machines, CNC's and such, but have tons of experience welding cases, radiators, jet fuel piping for the Navy, other military work, etc.. If anyone has anything in need of welding, I'm capable of top notch work. Just throwing it out there... Let me know if you need any great work at a low price. Jarmbrester2@gmail.com
fookyoo
4/7/2016 4:58am
My floor anchor plates for locking bikes
I hand fabbed these

1/2 ss steel plate
7/8 ss solid bar rolled pressed in and welded both sides

you should see the chain and locks!

Jim in VA
4/8/2016 8:21pm
Hell yeah fookyoo! Nice work! Bending that 7/8" SS is no joke! Either you have access to some big machinery, or used a lot of heat and time cleaning off the discoloration/oxidation. The ones I made for myself are 3/8" carbon steel with a forged, hardened ring that pivots.. Much the same as they use to tie down bulldozers, etc to trailers. Bolt cutters don't stand a chance.. I never bolted mine down, but was going to hammer drill, use good drive in anchors, then tack weld the nuts or mushroom the threads so it can't be removed. Here's a pic

Post a reply to: Many stolen bikes in UK!!!

The Latest