Jeff Emigs Husky for Farleigh vets?

olly67
8/24/2016 12:47pm
Does anyone know if it's true that Jeff Emig will be racing a Husky 510 four stroke at Farlegh vets MXDN? If true, should be interesting to see!!
|
philG
8/24/2016 2:02pm
he is there, and he is on a Husky, that much i do know.

And i wont be racing him, luckily.
olly67
8/24/2016 10:46pm
mototed82 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/24/148424/s1200_Screenshot_20160825_030151.jpg[/img] He posted this today

He posted this today
Nice!.........Thanks for that.
philG
8/25/2016 1:58am
I heard they were out of the Husky museum, but cant remember where i heard it.

The German team have some cool twin shock Huskies.

The Shop

chuckdavies
8/25/2016 2:45am
I heard that the Husky thing had been retracted for Farleigh and Wobs was building him another KX500 (after selling the one he built for him this year). Could be wrong though?
philG
8/25/2016 2:54am
The one that he built is still for sale on his site , and the one Dobby is riding too. I did see he was maybe keeping one to stop him having to do it every year lol.

Either way, i hope he comes and enjoys it.

You ready yet ?
Bearuno
8/25/2016 3:11am
I think it was Emig that was filmed giving a comment about not wanting to be beaten by a 4 Stroke ( re Joel Smets) at an MXDN, years ago.

It's darn near classic that he'll be booming around on one or two genuine Thumpers at Fairleigh Silly
chuckdavies
8/25/2016 4:36am
philG wrote:
The one that he built is still for sale on his site , and the one Dobby is riding too. I did see he was maybe...
The one that he built is still for sale on his site , and the one Dobby is riding too. I did see he was maybe keeping one to stop him having to do it every year lol.

Either way, i hope he comes and enjoys it.

You ready yet ?
The one he built for Emig this year got sold as soon as Husky said he couldn't ride it. The Dobby one is finished now and is for sale for a potential buyer to collect after the weekend. But i read that now he could be back on a kx500, so he's building Emig another one last minute for him to race, and he may keep it for future to save having to keep building them!

Yep i'm ready!

Word has it you're trying to fit some hideous modern day handguards to your machine!
chuckdavies
8/25/2016 4:40am
I could have got this wrong however, and he may still be on the Husky...there's definitely a lot of confused people on facebook.

Here's a couple of quotes from a docwob post though?

"The 2nd KX 500,the number 7 for Jeff Emig is all ready but after we were told Jeff had signed for Husqvarna he couldn't ride it i sold the bike,the new owner let us hold onto it so we could shoot them both together."

"The Dobb bike will be listed on ebay here later today and if anyone wants it they can either collect it after the last race at Farleigh or we can bring it back to the workshop ,clean and prep it again.
The 2nd Emig bike i may keep for the future,having to build these things from scratch is pretty costly and time consuming to say the least."
philG
8/25/2016 7:48am
The one he built for Emig this year got sold as soon as Husky said he couldn't ride it. The Dobby one is finished now and...
The one he built for Emig this year got sold as soon as Husky said he couldn't ride it. The Dobby one is finished now and is for sale for a potential buyer to collect after the weekend. But i read that now he could be back on a kx500, so he's building Emig another one last minute for him to race, and he may keep it for future to save having to keep building them!

Yep i'm ready!

Word has it you're trying to fit some hideous modern day handguards to your machine!
The roost at Farleigh is bad enough watching,

As i will be up against 500's , i think its wise.... the alternative is to lose fingers , but look nice in the paddock shots.

Might wear my leathers ...
Moto Mofo
8/25/2016 8:25am
I could have got this wrong however, and he may still be on the Husky...there's definitely a lot of confused people on facebook. Here's a couple...
I could have got this wrong however, and he may still be on the Husky...there's definitely a lot of confused people on facebook.

Here's a couple of quotes from a docwob post though?

"The 2nd KX 500,the number 7 for Jeff Emig is all ready but after we were told Jeff had signed for Husqvarna he couldn't ride it i sold the bike,the new owner let us hold onto it so we could shoot them both together."

"The Dobb bike will be listed on ebay here later today and if anyone wants it they can either collect it after the last race at Farleigh or we can bring it back to the workshop ,clean and prep it again.
The 2nd Emig bike i may keep for the future,having to build these things from scratch is pretty costly and time consuming to say the least."
He was going to build Emig a Husky, but now he will be riding these other bikes instead. That was my understanding, anyway.
chuckdavies
8/25/2016 8:27am
philG wrote:
The roost at Farleigh is bad enough watching, As i will be up against 500's , i think its wise.... the alternative is to lose fingers...
The roost at Farleigh is bad enough watching,

As i will be up against 500's , i think its wise.... the alternative is to lose fingers , but look nice in the paddock shots.

Might wear my leathers ...
I was against 500s last year too! Yeah the roost isn't amazing, but style over everythingLaughing
Sidecar
8/25/2016 1:23pm
That will be awesome to see Fro on a real thumper around Farleigh.... And if he turns out on a KX500 il still be stoked....
Robgvx
8/25/2016 2:01pm
Bearuno wrote:
I think it was Emig that was filmed giving a comment about not wanting to be beaten by a 4 Stroke ( re Joel Smets) at...
I think it was Emig that was filmed giving a comment about not wanting to be beaten by a 4 Stroke ( re Joel Smets) at an MXDN, years ago.

It's darn near classic that he'll be booming around on one or two genuine Thumpers at Fairleigh Silly
From my recollection it was something along the lines of "We're Americans - We don't get beaten by four strokes".
philG
8/25/2016 3:05pm
you there next weekend Rob?
Uncle Tony
8/25/2016 4:26pm
Damn I want to make this race, I think I'm going to pull the trigger next year, I was at wick this past weekend and John Dowd was on a kx500
MaxPower
8/25/2016 4:45pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Damn I want to make this race, I think I'm going to pull the trigger next year, I was at wick this past weekend and John...
Damn I want to make this race, I think I'm going to pull the trigger next year, I was at wick this past weekend and John Dowd was on a kx500
You and me both. I really want to go this event.
Uncle Tony
8/25/2016 5:06pm
The logistics Maxpower, getting the bike over is no problem, that's just a matter of crating the bike up and shipping to England, it's getting a camper and a van for transporting as I have no connections in the UK, i have a friend that I race with in New England that's from the midlands and have talked with him about it but he has no interest in going back to jolly old, maybe we can work something out
8/25/2016 10:00pm
As Emig is an ambassador for Husqvarna now and obviously getting paid I don't believe you will see him on any Kawasaki machines.

Some of my friends are being approached regarding Husqvarna CR500s for him so this confirms the situation further.
philG
8/26/2016 12:46am
Uncle Tony wrote:
The logistics Maxpower, getting the bike over is no problem, that's just a matter of crating the bike up and shipping to England, it's getting a...
The logistics Maxpower, getting the bike over is no problem, that's just a matter of crating the bike up and shipping to England, it's getting a camper and a van for transporting as I have no connections in the UK, i have a friend that I race with in New England that's from the midlands and have talked with him about it but he has no interest in going back to jolly old, maybe we can work something out
people will make stuff happen Tony... we had 8 riders for a Supermoto meeting in Belgium, Metzger came over and a load of others and we made it happen, VMX des Nations is a great event, riding first time this year , having been for the 2 of the last 3... im not the best connected in the VMX world by a long shot, but its nothing that isn't doable.

PM me and we will see what we can do... hardest part is getting in .
MaxPower
8/26/2016 6:05am
Why is it tough to get into the race Phil G?
How many riders are there?
chuckdavies
8/26/2016 6:21am
MaxPower wrote:
It's really really difficult to get an entry. When the online entries go up at 6pm or whatever it was, all classes sell out within minutes. You need to be refreshing the website every 2 seconds for the button to appear, and even then hundreds of people miss out! It's mental!
Tim507
8/26/2016 6:25am
Uncle Tony wrote:
Damn I want to make this race, I think I'm going to pull the trigger next year, I was at wick this past weekend and John...
My son is going for the 2nd time...Team International Air Hammer

https://www.facebook.com/TeamInternationalAirHammer/

I'm tentatively planing on next year......more than likely just to watch......unless I can swing somethingLaughingWhistlingCool
philG
8/26/2016 9:01am
MaxPower wrote:
It's really really difficult to get an entry. When the online entries go up at 6pm or whatever it was, all classes sell out within minutes...
It's really really difficult to get an entry. When the online entries go up at 6pm or whatever it was, all classes sell out within minutes. You need to be refreshing the website every 2 seconds for the button to appear, and even then hundreds of people miss out! It's mental!
My son bought a bike to ride for the event, after watching last year , website crashed as we were entering and he missed out... my class entered later and i got in , riding his bike, so at least we are there.
berniepiet
8/26/2016 11:45am
Tim507 wrote:
My son is going for the 2nd time...Team International Air Hammer https://www.facebook.com/TeamInternationalAirHammer/ I'm tentatively planing on next year......more than likely just to watch......unless I can swing...

I'm tentatively planing on next year......more than likely just to watch......unless I can swing somethingLaughingWhistlingCool
Is this Greg's dad?
Robgvx
8/27/2016 12:44am
philG wrote:
you there next weekend Rob?
No Phil. Have the Charlotte GP, plus other reasons for not wanting to go.
Bruneval
8/27/2016 12:55pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
The logistics Maxpower, getting the bike over is no problem, that's just a matter of crating the bike up and shipping to England, it's getting a...
I can probably help you out, Tony. The family home is in Chew Magna, between Bristol and Bath, and 20 miles from Farleigh Hungerford. If you want to do the race next year, you could use my workshop and I might be able to help with transport. Drop me an email at nick_mys@msn.com

The event is really worth the effort; I used to go every year before moving here. Highlight was watching JMB pull the holeshot on a CR500 in his first mx race in 20 years!

Also, if you're applying to race from overseas, the organisers have a different process I understand. It would be worth reaching out beforehand. Applying to race from inside the UK is very competitive due to the demand.
Uncle Tony
8/27/2016 2:04pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Tim507 wrote:
My son is going for the 2nd time...Team International Air Hammer https://www.facebook.com/TeamInternationalAirHammer/ I'm tentatively planing on next year......more than likely just to watch......unless I can swing...

Good luck to your son! I always follow the air hammers I sometimes race my 88 YZ490

And also thanks to philG and Bruneval I PM'd you both
billyslad
8/27/2016 11:22pm
Happy to help any Vitards that want to make the trip over

I can help with camper hire workshop etc it could be easier than you think
Tim507
8/29/2016 6:07am
Tim507 wrote:

berniepiet wrote:
Is this Greg's dad?
Rory's dad....

Post a reply to: Jeff Emigs Husky for Farleigh vets?

The Latest