Honda CR125 CAT FINNING Carl Nunn

2/6/2017 1:54pm
In keeping with the Carbon theme I have now fitted a Carbon hugger / rear shock protector that looks real trick & a nice other little touch was the Carbon fibre case saver , nice bespoke perfect fitting parts thanks to Matt .

2/6/2017 2:01pm
I have quite a collection of spares now almost enough to build another bike , I have a spare SRS Barrel and a side case and the SRS pipe in excellent condition, but not ready to put it on yet as we all agree the chrome Pro-Circuit looks much better .

2/19/2017 1:43am
Well after a little over a year , with Parts sourced from virtually every corner of the earth . The CAT Bike is finally finished . The final decals went on at the weekend and the Renthal grips , then it was time to get the fluids in . She fired up on the 4th kick and the Pro-Circuit pipe and SRS Carbon Silencer was a great option and really makes this bike sound sweet .
I have it currently in the spare set of plastics , the second Tank which is perfect etc , will go on with the Original priceless Werx set when she has been set up at the track . No point in having a show pony in the garage , this will be seeing some action this year.
I hope you have enjoyed the build , it's been crazy at times but yesterday starting it up made up for it . Enjoy the pics !!

chuckdavies
2/19/2017 2:50am
Looks great Phil, good job! It's a good feeling when they come together and you can fire them up!

For me, i hate plated exhausts. When you blast and refurb that SRS one it'll look incredible i think!

The Shop

Sidecar
2/19/2017 7:33am
Looks great Phil, good job! It's a good feeling when they come together and you can fire them up! For me, i hate plated exhausts. When...
Looks great Phil, good job! It's a good feeling when they come together and you can fire them up!

For me, i hate plated exhausts. When you blast and refurb that SRS one it'll look incredible i think!
I think I prefere a raw pipe but..... That top picture with the light catching the pipe and the gold rims looks awesome!!!!

Good work, really nice end result!!!!
philG
2/19/2017 9:28am
Excellent build. Well worth the time and effort.
2/21/2017 11:49am
Looks great Phil, good job! It's a good feeling when they come together and you can fire them up! For me, i hate plated exhausts. When...

Thanks Chuck , for now till it's broken in and race tested it can stay with these decals and pipe incase it gets damaged , then I will swap all the last goodies on it .
Im trying to do a Steve Lamson 96' Jerez 1996 MXDN any idea of someone who may have the graphics for that ? Phil
2/21/2017 12:10pm

Thanks Chuck , for now till it's broken in and race tested it can stay with these decals and pipe incase it gets damaged , then I will swap all the last goodies on it .
Im trying to do a Steve Lamson 96' Jerez 1996 MXDN any idea of someone who may have the graphics for that ? Phil
l.niven
3/8/2017 6:45am
So I we went up in the loft tonight to find some old photos I know I had lying around , I found this one of...
So I we went up in the loft tonight to find some old photos I know I had lying around , I found this one of the 96' CAT Honda , I bought it off of a chap called Gary Butler in 1997/8 . It was Sporting different graphics before I returned it to the original CAT graphics . You can see the White Power rear shock and Extreme 50mm front forks . It has the Carbon type front number plate on it here , when I put the original graphics back on it I changed it to the Suzuki conventional type plate , how I wish I kept it now !
I hope to get my 97' CAT back this week ready for the graphics and a deep polish /clean ready for the winter . I'm also going to actually do the 96 bike in the new year so if anyone can locate a WP rear shock to fit please let me know .
Hollywoodhatton@aol.com regards Phil

Hi Phil,

My names Luke me and my Dad used to ride down at Slough. I bought the Carl Nunn bike from Gary Butler and sold it to you after tearing a large hole in my arm on it! Curse of the sticky throttle got me too! I was in hospital for 4 days waiting to get a skin Graf! The photo of the bike still has my 15 racing number on it! It was an amazing bike. I also had the Justin Morris 1994 Lex service bike that I also bought from Gary! I also haven't touched a motox bike for 20+ years!

3/8/2017 2:13pm
Jesus , hey Luke how you doing ? I hope you and your Dad are well . That was a great bike . I have only just finished this one and am starting another 97 build . I packed up for ages but now the kids are all grown up got back into it .
Give dad my best wishes ! Phil

l.niven
3/10/2017 6:45am
Good thanks mate, I couldn't believe it when I saw the post and the replica you are building. The bike looks great Phil it's hard to believe it's a 20 year old bike! My dad has a photo of me racing at Beaconsfield and I think it maybe you on a Kawasaki that I'm chasing! The photo of the 96 bike brought back loads of good memories
dustmx
Fantasy
1751st
3/11/2017 6:30pm
Where can I locate this silencer please

Great build trying to do one of my own
dustmx
Fantasy
1751st
3/11/2017 7:28pm
Love the build I also have some good memories racing around beaconsfield and lucky enough to race in the British champs with Hanson racing now looking to build a rapid 1995 cr 125 here in south FL
3/12/2017 7:41am
dustmx wrote:
Where can I locate this silencer please

Great build trying to do one of my own
Hi there , I think the SRS Silencers are about in Italy still . However, I've never seen another Carbon Team issue new one available. This unit was a lot of money and came through a contact and via Spain . I have another Carbon silencer I was going to use but when this came along I just had to have it !!
4/17/2017 12:38am

Yes she really runs crisp with the SRS engine , the Carbon silencer sounds amazing . I will be taking the bike to our Super Evo Day on 29th May 2017 at Slough Moto Park .
5/4/2017 5:22am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/04/17/188478/s1200_IMG_8672.jpg[/img] Yes she really runs crisp with the SRS engine , the Carbon silencer sounds amazing . I will be taking the bike to our Super...

Yes she really runs crisp with the SRS engine , the Carbon silencer sounds amazing . I will be taking the bike to our Super Evo Day on 29th May 2017 at Slough Moto Park .
Do u have any more pics of the original graphics cheers
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
5/4/2017 7:02pm
That silencer is awesome. It's always cool when little pieces like this are found.
5/6/2017 1:02am
Do you have an after picture of your radiators? I am in the middle of a cr125 build atm and am lucky enough to have the original radiators (needed a few repairs). Would love to clean them.
5/6/2017 1:42am
689 wrote:
Do you have an after picture of your radiators? I am in the middle of a cr125 build atm and am lucky enough to have the...
Do you have an after picture of your radiators? I am in the middle of a cr125 build atm and am lucky enough to have the original radiators (needed a few repairs). Would love to clean them.
The originals do come up quite well , I used a concoction of hot dishwasher , bleach and carburettor cleaner . They may not be as sparkly as a pair of Chinese copies, but they will easy last another 20 years
5/6/2017 3:10am
689 wrote:
Do you have an after picture of your radiators? I am in the middle of a cr125 build atm and am lucky enough to have the...
The originals do come up quite well , I used a concoction of hot dishwasher , bleach and carburettor cleaner . They may not be as...
The originals do come up quite well , I used a concoction of hot dishwasher , bleach and carburettor cleaner . They may not be as sparkly as a pair of Chinese copies, but they will easy last another 20 years
Agree, really happy my one has originals not Chinese ones. Just sent you a PM too.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
5/6/2017 12:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2017 12:48pm
Does the bike have the SRS spec motor? I have seen a few of the SRS cylinders and they had the logo machaned in the base of the cylinder. I thought that was pretty cool how they did that.
1/31/2018 8:48pm
Quite pleased after a year or so of looking finally located my WP Extreme forks for the 96 CAT Honda

Post a reply to: Honda CR125 CAT FINNING Carl Nunn

The Latest