Harry's Cycle Sale Reunion

Webcokid
Edited Date/Time 1/13/2020 1:03pm
A few pals have mentioned this, so let's give it a try. Since Harry impacted so many and was a good mentor, maybe it would be cool to get the old crew together and tell some old stories. For example, Harry called my house one night and gave my mom directions to Barona oaks. He was a good man and loved kids! Any ideas, where to meet? Maybe a day at Glen Helen, or just a night out somewhere. I could volunteer my place if need be, I'll supply the beer!
|
wownd out
10/30/2009 5:34pm
Hell i still have dirt in my backyard, i'm in Corona off the 91 and 15 it's MX/SX heaven out here it's like Orange county back in our day, the Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and KTM tracks are less than five miles from me. or we could meet in Orange down by Harry's old place. Charlie Osterday.
chipnice
10/30/2009 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:42pm
Ok I'll bite, it was around 77 , and harry built me a 105, fresh white tank, white fenders I was so stoked. the paint was still tacky, but me and my dad went to pick it up on the way to corona to give it a try. mark lowberg was puting the the last coule of screws in it when we drove up,man i was geeked. So Harry says start it up, take around back for a spin, (yea) Start it ,Mark jumps on the back and away we putt. Do a couple of laps, when mark says can i give it a try? sure you built it. Mark jumps on and pins it over the rail road tracks straight into a fence, oh &%#@% he,s a mess road rash , eyes bugged out welling with tears saying he was going to get fierd if harry finds out ,So i push the scratced up broken lever having thing back to the shop, and say i did it, got the crap beat otta me, but if you knew me and my dad i was totally used to it. I dont know why i was ask to ride for that team all the kids were so nice and i was a little shit. I heard mark is now a bizillonair now. hey mark you owe me, CHIP
Tom Corley
10/30/2009 8:35pm

This Harry's Cycle Sales rider is sure excited about having a reunion--can you name him? Info--he is racing side by side with teammate #408 Jamie Oliver under the lights at OCIR.
BKJ 13
11/1/2009 2:45pm Edited Date/Time 11/1/2009 2:49pm
Hey Tom is it jonny miller ??? He was one of the OG's if i remember,what about Pete H,Mike and Amy M,Byron B and of course Marty M ???

The Shop

trant
11/5/2009 12:05pm
cant be sure but that sure looks like my old man leaning on the truck with a bud in his hand(never went anywhere without one)...
mx101
11/6/2009 9:22pm
I believe thats Mr.Meeks,Tracey Meeks father.Hes on this site as parkersdad.Thats right Meeks,I outed you.Chris
mx101
11/6/2009 9:35pm
Being a member of the HCS team was so much fun.All the kids were friends and the parents got along great.We were your typical tennage kids,we seem to get in trouble were every we went.The hotels,the resturants.We would all race carona raceway every Friday night and after the race on the way home we went to Dennys in Carona to eat.Those were some of the best memories.For us the race was just a part of the experience..Chris Taylor
mx101
11/6/2009 9:37pm
Maybe I should try out that new thing called spell check.I blame it on all those crashes racing
wownd out
11/7/2009 10:30am
mx101 wrote:
Being a member of the HCS team was so much fun.All the kids were friends and the parents got along great.We were your typical tennage kids,we...
Being a member of the HCS team was so much fun.All the kids were friends and the parents got along great.We were your typical tennage kids,we seem to get in trouble were every we went.The hotels,the resturants.We would all race carona raceway every Friday night and after the race on the way home we went to Dennys in Carona to eat.Those were some of the best memories.For us the race was just a part of the experience..Chris Taylor
Hey Chris you remember the NMA race in vegas in 79 and we all went to Circus Circus, we were all paging Mike Hunt and Neal Down and Bob long etc, and just going nuts in the place, and my dad iand i could never find that hotel where everyone from Harry's was, man those were the days!!!
mx101
11/7/2009 11:34pm
Charlie,you just reminded me of that.My God that was so much fun.All us kids let loose in that place.Were you there when we would play the game were you squirt water from a gun into a hole which causes a balloon to blowup?We all planned that when the game started we aimed are guns at the guy running the game and just soaked him.What about Ponca at night I remember one of the big teams had a huge tent and played movies.It was so cool.Great times.Chris Taylor
wownd out
11/8/2009 11:16am
Chris yeah didn't we get thrown out for that or threatened to be thrown out for soaking the dude, i didn't do the Ponca city movie thing we were at a different hotel.
Webcokid
11/9/2009 2:17pm
mx101 wrote:
I believe thats Mr.Meeks,Tracey Meeks father.Hes on this site as parkersdad.Thats right Meeks,I outed you.Chris
I think your right! The jacket is a dead give away. Also, that look's like Ralph Bunch's truck behind. Blue truck with camper shell? Can you remember?
Webcokid
11/9/2009 4:32pm
Hey Chip Nice? I am starting to think you changed your name? Hope it's not a sex change, just kidding, don't kill me.

I remember the 105, but wish I could have seen the crash. Your dad was classic; was his name buck? Who else could have kept you in line? Do you remember when we cut your cast off at Corona Raceway in the back of your station wagon? I think you had broke your femur. That was a ballsy move pal! I remember looking at Taylor and saying, that guy is crazy!!!

Webcokid
12/3/2009 10:26am
How does Anahiem 1 sound. Maybe we can try to meet up in the pits by the Scott Goggle-Bevo's truck. He is usually across from the Yamaha pit. Maybe we could gather at about 5 PM before the race and shoot the Shiii for a while. Anyone want to reflect? Maybe there is a better palce and time? Thanks
MXPUNK511
1/6/2010 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:49pm
hey I still have my orginal Harrys Cycle Sales jersey from 1974 (yellow w/blue sleeves) plus a few of the HCS jerseys from the late 70's with the black & yellow striped sleeves ... Ahhhh...the good ol' days! ... we had a birthday party for Harry @ my parents house in "Sunnymead"/ Moreno Valley around 1980-81 (I think?) ... I'll have to dig up some old photos from those days ... my mom & dad were always taking mx pics back then ... a HARRYS CYCLE REUNION would be cool!

Kenny Campbell / 15L
Webcokid
3/9/2010 12:45pm
OK:
Now that Anaheim and the west coast series is over, let's get back to this. BTW: How about that ride Villapoto out in at Daytona. Maybe he really is the second coming of the GOAT. You don't neccesarily have to be a past Harry's rider to get together, and think of it as a way to get back in touch with past pals, or role models for that matter. I'm thinking somewhere in the City of Orange to meet, maybe Zitos pizza on Tustin Ave. I hear they have a large room for gatherings. Also, Harry's was based out of downtown Orange! Who's up for this, should we take the time to try?

Tracey Meeks-Where are you?
Randy Fliesher
Chip Vogel
Simon Volkov
Larry Daniels
Doug O'Donnel
Mike Lieber
Sam Storer? Probably not
Chris Taylor
Bruce Bunch-Always present
Paul Denis-Not a Harry's rider, but one fast mofo!
Todd Campbell
How about you Charlie?
Oh, how about Mr. Go for It! Jeff Shaefer
Who Else? I started in 1978 so, I'm sure there are many more that came before us. Vogel, please add some names here....

Quick story: there use to be this burrito stand down the street from Harry's. We would ride to Bunch's house on Sat. morning and pick him up. Then we'd ride dpown to Harry's to hang out and talk about the night of racing at Corona each Friday. This guy-wantabee-that me and Taylor knew would show up in this old ford truck. One day he gave a ride to the burrito stand and we were all in the back of the truck. For some reason, he had been riding Bruce and called him a squirle. Vogel was always protective and all of the 85 lb Bunch had trouble not lipping off to anyone. Vogel hauls off and throws his burrito at the back window of the truck and we all followed suit! This guy was so pissed, he kicked us all out of the truck and drove off cussing as the bean burritos ozzed down his back window. Main point, don't f.. with Bunch, and certainly don't piss off Vogel. I never saw this guy again...

anniebertmojo
3/9/2010 2:43pm
Randy Fliesher i think still works for Mitch at Pro Circuit running the pipe shop...
chipnice
3/9/2010 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2010 2:47pm
Bro your killing me, I dont know who your getting your info from, but i would never do such a thing. hehe A couple more more guys come to mind, Kenny Campbell, he still races OTHG. His mother was the photog at Escape country and was the official team mom to all of the Harry's rats. BTW he is mx punk on this fourm. Chris morey was another fast Harry's rider. His father was the guy who painted your name on the back of your seat, chris is now a lawyer in LA cool cat. Tim and Tom Pele, Adam Lucas, Tim Hinez, ( very fast) Steve Ademson, Robbie Brown, Adam Renteria, steve stevens, Brad Neggy. It would be cool to get together. Please find a designated driver. Almost forgot the mexican red head Troy Denem and Mark Lowberg
wownd out
3/9/2010 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:17pm
I don't know? i remember alot of you guys gave me so much shit for going to R&D bikes and being a sellout to Harry's. I mean yeah i never wore the Harry's stripped jersey but we bought alot of bikes and parts from Harry and he always said i was part of the team wheather i wanted to wear the jersey or not so we bought bikes from Harry, but R&D modded them and i started winning! can ya blame me? Actually what got me on the R&D bikes was Chris Morey we bought his 78 R&D RM80 and after running back to mid pack 80 novice on a stocker i started winning everything!. Ya know along with Harry, Rudy Dickenson was a great mentor and friend to me also god bless them both! and our favorite son Bruce Bunch ended up at R&D Suzuki because of me, he was riding that piece of shit KX 80 he won and not doing too good, so i let him ride mine and he loved it, he was on one in just a few weeks and winning also! show me some love people. I'm in!
Webcokid
3/9/2010 8:42pm
chipnice wrote:
Bro your killing me, I dont know who your getting your info from, but i would never do such a thing. hehe A couple more more...
Bro your killing me, I dont know who your getting your info from, but i would never do such a thing. hehe A couple more more guys come to mind, Kenny Campbell, he still races OTHG. His mother was the photog at Escape country and was the official team mom to all of the Harry's rats. BTW he is mx punk on this fourm. Chris morey was another fast Harry's rider. His father was the guy who painted your name on the back of your seat, chris is now a lawyer in LA cool cat. Tim and Tom Pele, Adam Lucas, Tim Hinez, ( very fast) Steve Ademson, Robbie Brown, Adam Renteria, steve stevens, Brad Neggy. It would be cool to get together. Please find a designated driver. Almost forgot the mexican red head Troy Denem and Mark Lowberg
Your right! How could I have left out denem. Harry built him that radical 105 and his dad would fill the tank with klotz mixed with no gas. Me an Taylor pushed him out of the mud at saddleback and Taylor about passed out from the exhaust. Cool, that's quite a few people mentioned and hopefully some will chime in.
No more burritos for you Vogel!
Webcokid
3/9/2010 9:03pm
MXPUNK511 wrote:
[i][b]hey I still have my orginal Harrys Cycle Sales jersey from 1974 (yellow w/blue sleeves) plus a few of the HCS jerseys from the late 70's...
hey I still have my orginal Harrys Cycle Sales jersey from 1974 (yellow w/blue sleeves) plus a few of the HCS jerseys from the late 70's with the black & yellow striped sleeves ... Ahhhh...the good ol' days! ... we had a birthday party for Harry @ my parents house in "Sunnymead"/ Moreno Valley around 1980-81 (I think?) ... I'll have to dig up some old photos from those days ... my mom & dad were always taking mx pics back then ... a HARRYS CYCLE REUNION would be cool!

Kenny Campbell / 15L
Kenny, I notice some pictures and friends on your profile. You must ride some killer tracks, because your friends are fantastic looking. Please come to the reunion and bring some of your MX chic friends with you! Wow!
Webcokid
4/6/2010 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:56pm
Ok, we have a date and venue. Harry's Cycle Reunion is on Sat. night May 15 at JT Schmidts. This is a large sports bar on the corner of Douglas and Katella ave. This is right across from the Pond/ Honda center and on the corner of the back entrance to anahiem stadium. Again, May 15th at 7:00 PM

All and any are welcome to attend. See you there!

wownd out
4/7/2010 6:29pm
That doesn't give me much time to get into shape!, as of late i'm fat dumb and happy.
Webcokid
4/7/2010 7:00pm
wownd out wrote:
That doesn't give me much time to get into shape!, as of late i'm fat dumb and happy.
Hit the tread mill wound out. Your gonna need to get into drinking shape if your gunna hang with NMA champ and the "Nice" guy himself. I'm bringing a video camera to capture the fun!
mr50racer
4/7/2010 9:25pm
wownd out wrote:
Your giving Paul alot of ammo with that statement..
mr50racer
4/7/2010 9:29pm
Webcokid wrote:
OK: Now that Anaheim and the west coast series is over, let's get back to this. BTW: How about that ride Villapoto out in at Daytona...
OK:
Now that Anaheim and the west coast series is over, let's get back to this. BTW: How about that ride Villapoto out in at Daytona. Maybe he really is the second coming of the GOAT. You don't neccesarily have to be a past Harry's rider to get together, and think of it as a way to get back in touch with past pals, or role models for that matter. I'm thinking somewhere in the City of Orange to meet, maybe Zitos pizza on Tustin Ave. I hear they have a large room for gatherings. Also, Harry's was based out of downtown Orange! Who's up for this, should we take the time to try?

Randy Fliesher
Chip Vogel
Simon Volkov
Larry Daniels
Doug O'Donnel
Mike Lieber
Sam Storer? Probably not
Chris Taylor
Todd Campbell
How about you Charlie?
Who Else? I started in 1978 so, I'm sure there are many more that came before us. Vogel, please add some names here....

Quick story: there use to be this burrito stand down the street from Harry's. We would ride to Bunch's house on Sat. morning and pick him up. Then we'd ride dpown to Harry's to hang out and talk about the night of racing at Corona each Friday. This guy-wantabee-that me and Taylor knew would show up in this old ford truck. One day he gave a ride to the burrito stand and we were all in the back of the truck. For some reason, he had been riding Bruce and called him a squirle. Vogel was always protective and all of the 85 lb Bunch had trouble not lipping off to anyone. Vogel hauls off and throws his burrito at the back window of the truck and we all followed suit! This guy was so pissed, he kicked us all out of the truck and drove off cussing as the bean burritos ozzed down his back window. Main point, don't f.. with Bunch, and certainly don't piss off Vogel. I never saw this guy again...

I am feeling left out here...
nmachamp
4/7/2010 10:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2010 10:13pm
Webcokid wrote:
Hit the tread mill wound out. Your gonna need to get into drinking shape if your gunna hang with NMA champ and the "Nice" guy himself...
Hit the tread mill wound out. Your gonna need to get into drinking shape if your gunna hang with NMA champ and the "Nice" guy himself. I'm bringing a video camera to capture the fun!
So this is where you guys are hanging out, talking shit!!!! And your right Scottie, way to much ammo... The only thing im gonna say is, I will try and find my autographed xxx Charlie Osterday jersey.. and be there... But i might need a ride... My Mopeds in the shop!!!! hahahahhahahaha /////
DonnieS
4/7/2010 10:35pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:58pm
I rode for R&D, but I remember every single name on that list... :-)
wownd out
4/8/2010 10:43am
Hey Paul, go to the DeAnza thread on hear in old school MX Donnie found a little write up about us in the 125 pro class.
Webcokid
4/8/2010 10:44am
Webcokid wrote:
OK: Now that Anaheim and the west coast series is over, let's get back to this. BTW: How about that ride Villapoto out in at Daytona...
OK:

Randy Fliesher
Chip Vogel
Simon Volkov
Larry Daniels
Doug O'Donnel
Mike Lieber
Sam Storer? Probably not
Chris Taylor
Todd Campbell
How about you Charlie?

mr50racer wrote:
I am feeling left out here...
No way MR 50- you must attend!

Post a reply to: Harry's Cycle Sale Reunion

The Latest