Found a new place to ride, thought I'd get out the 88 CR250 once last time

wexy21
Edited Date/Time 12/13/2015 5:11pm
Today was perfect weather, it was 70 and overcast which kept the ground wet. So I figured there was no way I wasn't riding! I had the CR put inside with the other tank that has my new graphics on it and thought it would be sitting there until spring. This was the perfect excuse to get it out and run it one last time before winter hits.

The other tank I had on wasn't checked for leaks (I assumed the petcock would) but it was already bolted on so I took a chance. Sure enough, soon as I turned the gas on it leaked. I hoped that just switching the rubber gasket from my original tank would do the truck but it didn't. I ended up swapping them back out and filled her up. My luck must have ran out because once I got my original tank back on and the gaskets swapped again, that one started leaking when the gas was turned off! OH well, gues I'll be buying TWO new pet cock gaskets.

I loaded both bikes up and was about to head down to St. Joe's state park so I could give my roommate some more bike lessons and do some light trail riding (it was his second time ever on a bike), but just as I got one loaded I saw my neighbor coming home hauling his 01 CR 500 beast. He said St. Joe's was closed for hunting! That would have been an hour drive. So I hurried and checked out some other places and found another park same distance, just in the other direction.

This place was a blast! Although, no track and almost nothing to jump. It was still a good place to teach on and have fun myself. We ended up making friends with husband/wife pair with the husband also teaching a beginner. needless to say we had a blast on a perfect day for riding! And since I'm usually the one behind the camera, it was nice to actually get some shots of myself for a change! Anyone else ride today?

|
wexy21
12/13/2015 8:32am
Yeah I took a 91 front plate from a CR and 92 KX fork slides and made them work.
ATKpilot99
12/13/2015 8:58am
wexy21 wrote:
Yeah I took a 91 front plate from a CR and 92 KX fork slides and made them work.
That's a great idea . Looks better than fork boots.
dwight955
12/13/2015 4:38pm
Where did you end up riding? I live in the area and I cant think of where it might be.

The Shop

wexy21
12/13/2015 5:09pm
I can't stand fork boots. To me they look better on pre-modern bikes, even though this is considered vintage, it's still a modern design.
wexy21
12/13/2015 5:11pm
Moonlight Racing is in Richwood, Mo. Off of hwy 21, east of STL. It is an hour from me in Imperial. I like the park, but there is no track for bikes, just utv's.

Post a reply to: Found a new place to ride, thought I'd get out the 88 CR250 once last time

The Latest