Elsinore CR250M dilemma....

suzook241
So as the story goes..... Trip, stumbled and fell upon a bike locally here to me. A friendly conversation with a co-worker and the mention of a bike in a barn and one thing led to another... here it is. I ended up picking up this bike, who wouldn't??? Now the question is, do I even want to take the next step and try and revive it or send it down the road to someone else who may have more of these in their collection and can complete a master piece... Looking for opinions? (Pipe is off in pics)

|
1/1/2017 1:44am
If you get a kick out of rebuilding and restoring bikes, then to keep it is the no brainier.
However, the fact that you are posing the question here, could suggest it's not really your thing?

If you don't have the motivation, don't start the project.
These rebuilds can try your patience AND wallet.
Good few times I've bought a bike and despite enjoying this kind of thing, have thought, why the hell am I doing this???
Why aren't I spending my money on a new 2017 model instead!

Have to admit, I also don't get a kick out of riding real old bikes - those hinged frames, pogo suspensions and brakes that appear ornaments on the handlebars, scare the bejeebees out of me.
Much prefer getting on a modern, well set up steed.
tydog
1/1/2017 5:16am Edited Date/Time 1/1/2017 5:17am
Nice starting point and an excellent find! I am currently working an identical one but using a 76 engine due to its better transmission, supposedly better anyway.
What Africa stated is all VERY true. Trust me I know. If you do not have an attraction or fond memories to a certain model or it is not special to you due to it's history then all that Africa said becomes even more of an obstacle. I enjoy riding a modern bike more but enjoy the vintage racing a helluva lot more than modern racing.
Vintage racing is great and fun as hell but if you are not already into it then you need to ponder a little. We can find you a buyer for that very quickly Wink
sandman768
1/1/2017 5:35am
This was the first bike I performed a full resto on about 13-14 years ago. Yours is a much better starting point than mine was. I had visions of racing it, after riding it & racing it 1 time, I decided it was best left to garage queen status. Beautiful iconic MX Bike,but very painful to ride on an MX track. The motors are actually pretty decent but everything else is just weak. Brakes, frame, suspension , ignition ect. ...but, you should have no problem selling it...They seem to hold their value well. I had no problem selling mine for a very good price.
suzook241
1/1/2017 5:38am
I may be looking at selling it... If anyone knows someone looking let me know

I'm still up in the air about it. I'd love to rebuild it however with other projects if mine going on now, I don't know if I can give it the true undivided attention I think it deserves. Not being dramatic, just think this is a sweet find.

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/1/2017 7:32am
suzook241 wrote:
I may be looking at selling it... If anyone knows someone looking let me know I'm still up in the air about it. I'd love to...
I may be looking at selling it... If anyone knows someone looking let me know

I'm still up in the air about it. I'd love to rebuild it however with other projects if mine going on now, I don't know if I can give it the true undivided attention I think it deserves. Not being dramatic, just think this is a sweet find.
Then I would flip it and make a nice profit $$$$ Cool
suzook241
1/2/2017 7:46am
I am leaning towards selling it. I'll probably end up moving this post to the for sale section shortly...

It would be a fun rebuild/restore project. I could see it also testing my patience...
donMX14
1/3/2017 6:48pm
I had a 75 cr250 Elsinore when I was in high school. It scared me a few times back then lol I think I paid $125 for it at a yard sale lol
suzook241
1/4/2017 4:34am
It is now for sale in the For Sale/ Bazaar section.

Thanks guys!
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
1/4/2017 6:20am
suzook241 wrote:
It is now for sale in the For Sale/ Bazaar section.

Thanks guys!
I looked and didn't see it there.

Post a reply to: Elsinore CR250M dilemma....

The Latest