Cr500 help

Swoop118
Has anyone tried to fit a crf swing arm and linkage to a cr500 steelie?
|
scooter5002
12/2/2017 12:12pm
Not sure what you’re trying to accomplish, but assuming the outside measurements of the swing arm pivot are the same, it’s unlikely everything else will work. That is a very complex system, and changing one component changes everything. I have an 04 CRF 450 and 99 500 swingarm I can measure for the outside dimensions, but it’s still unlikely an easy swap.
Bearuno
12/2/2017 11:35pm
The CRFs tend to have an Alloy outside spacer either side that Keys into a seal , as against the Steelies hardened 'Cup' with seal.

The CRFs, tend to be narrower across the entire swing arm pivot width, around the 5mm (not accurate) mark that I vaguely remember from the last CRF- X 500AF conversion I did for a mate. So, just getting outer spacers made to to extra width - don't do washers / double spacers - and using the correct combination of inner bearing 'tubes' would easily let you fit the swing arm into the frame.

As to the shock / linkage - hell, something as little as 1 mm difference in length / pivot center locations, pull rod, rocker dimensions and shock length - extended and compressed - etc. can truly eff up a suspensions actions. So many people throw on other parts with little to no consideration of things, there's a hell of a lot of bucking broncos out there, I'm sure of it. But, 'pride of ownership' truly can convince people that what they've done, or paid for, works wonderfully. So, think clearly, and thoroughly check things that you are about to do.

Post a reply to: Cr500 help

The Latest