CZ Shop Burbank ?

Edited Date/Time 5/24/2015 1:58pm
Anybody remember the 2 brothers that had a CZ shop in Burbank Calif. in the 70's
|
PN27416
2/11/2009 5:13am
Pete Maly? Coast CZ or Coast Motorcycles?
2/11/2009 6:31am
Pete's shop was in Costa Mesa, Cal. There was another CZ shop In O.C. called the Bike Shop also.
Craze
2/11/2009 5:11pm
Pete's shop was in Costa Mesa, Cal. There was another CZ shop In O.C. called the Bike Shop also.
I remember the Bike Shop, It was on Chapman near Dallas Baker's shop....drove past there many times on the way to Saddleback.
Craze
2/11/2009 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:27pm
PN27416 wrote:
Pete Maly? Coast CZ or Coast Motorcycles?
Pete's Shop was called CMC...He's a pic of Pete....Showing off as usual...LOL

Photobucket

The Shop

Craze
2/11/2009 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:27pm
Anybody remember the 2 brothers that had a CZ shop in Burbank Calif. in the 70's
Photobucket........It was owned by the Delatorre family, they also sold Ossa's...The shop was actually in Van Nuys
DANIELINS
2/12/2009 10:03am
Mid valley was a cz, ossa, carabella dealership at the corner of louse and roscoe owned by andy delatorre... sponsered greg robertson back in the day.... peter delatorre recentley had a mid valley reunion at his warehouse and a whos who of 70"s mx showed up... joel robert, roger decoster, bryar holcomb, kenny zahrt, gary jones,dave arnold, tommy croft,clark jones. ray lopez.dave haugh and a bunch of names i can't remember..... other shops in the valley at the time... revells two cycle city, tracys husqvarna, mikes racing center, steves bultaco. international yamaha,and kolbe reseda... good times.. good memories...
Potts
2/13/2009 7:14pm
Hmmmmmm I remember Al Fox (Maico and Sachs) and Tracy's (Husky) but can't remember a CZ shop in Burbank. The closest CZ shop to Burbank was Otto's CZ in Hollywood. Maybe there was one there for a very short period in time.
MotoRick
3/13/2010 10:06pm
bought my '72 AJS 370 from Al Fox's small shop. Went in to buy a Maico, but given that I was subsidized by my dad, came out with an AJS . Al was a cool guy!

Those were the days when we had motorcycle shops everywhere. Sadly, it's getting harder and harder to find a shop close by these days.
jimmie
3/15/2010 7:32pm
Yep, there was a motorsickle dealer on every corner...
Hodakas at True Value stores
Czs at Yamaha dealerships
Huskys at Honda dealerships
Bultacos.................well...........everywhere...
I would spend my weekends pedaling my bicycle to every dealership within a five mile radius, just to fantasize about riding these sickles!!!
Dustdevil
8/30/2011 10:52am
Grand Prix Specialties. Not a franchised CZ dealer, but they built custom bikes, including CZ, Montesa, and Bultaco. 1
Mini Elsinore
8/30/2011 1:57pm
DANIELINS wrote:
Mid valley was a cz, ossa, carabella dealership at the corner of louse and roscoe owned by andy delatorre... sponsered greg robertson back in the day...
Mid valley was a cz, ossa, carabella dealership at the corner of louse and roscoe owned by andy delatorre... sponsered greg robertson back in the day.... peter delatorre recentley had a mid valley reunion at his warehouse and a whos who of 70"s mx showed up... joel robert, roger decoster, bryar holcomb, kenny zahrt, gary jones,dave arnold, tommy croft,clark jones. ray lopez.dave haugh and a bunch of names i can't remember..... other shops in the valley at the time... revells two cycle city, tracys husqvarna, mikes racing center, steves bultaco. international yamaha,and kolbe reseda... good times.. good memories...
I remember Mid-Valley. I believe they sponsored Zhart on the blue-tank Ossa.

Kolbe----man there's a name I had forgotten----used to sponsor a bunch of guys in the mid-late '70's.

Premier Yamaha (Huntington Beach) is now Beach Yamaha----and Goat's old crew still works the counter.

Yamaha of Redlands, Hacienda Honda, etc. etc. It's hard to explain exactly what we have lost----you had to be there.
RexBackman
8/31/2011 3:49pm
Horizons Unlimited in Woodland HIlls on Ventura Blvd.

Zahrt used to work there as a mechanic - fyi, prior name was Woodland Hills Sportcycle I think - as they sponsored him on Bultacos.

Mid Valley CZ also sponsored Bob Hershey and Ron DeSoto to name a few. Joe Bonello , too!
Jon_Marshall
8/29/2012 4:46pm
You sure it's not Cole Brothers?
Velarians was in the Valley on Balboa, Don't know if I spelled it right
Mike_Meshkoff
8/29/2012 6:27pm
In 1978 Mid Valley also sponsored Mote McCoy on a KTM and I think it was Andy's son Tony Delatorre on a Ossa and they gave me a little help on a KTM riding the Intermediate classes. The Delatorre's were very good people.
Jon_Marshall
8/29/2012 6:33pm
Pretty sad we just lost Monty to a heart attack a few months back.
His Best friend Buzzy Germony Spread Montys ashes up in Mammoth a place Monty loved.
G-man
8/29/2012 8:38pm
Pretty sad we just lost Monty to a heart attack a few months back. His Best friend Buzzy Germony Spread Montys ashes up in Mammoth a...
Pretty sad we just lost Monty to a heart attack a few months back.
His Best friend Buzzy Germony Spread Montys ashes up in Mammoth a place Monty loved.
Dang sad to hear.

Didn't know Monty, but remember his name, probably at Mammoth.

Cole Brothers was a Suzuki/Maico Dealer in Van Nuys. That's where I befriended Zapata Espinosa and his buddy Wes Sutton.

I bought a few bikes from them. Funny I think about it now and it was nothing to me to go there from my home in Eagle Rock and just go and hang out, check out bikes and accessories. Did the same at this CZ shop from this topic Cheerful

Now I would be concerned of fuel costs. Evil
G-man
8/29/2012 8:43pm
Dustdevil wrote:
Grand Prix Specialties. Not a franchised CZ dealer, but they built custom bikes, including CZ, Montesa, and Bultaco. 1
That guy in Van Nuys was really cool and really skilled with a welder which was pretty good to know back in the day.

I remember on "Hot Ticket" was to take out about a 1/2 inch of the middle section of a RM125 pipe.

He did a few for me and it WORKED, with more mid-range. Woohoo
G-man
8/29/2012 8:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2012 8:49pm
MotoRick wrote:
bought my '72 AJS 370 from Al Fox's small shop. Went in to buy a Maico, but given that I was subsidized by my dad, came...
bought my '72 AJS 370 from Al Fox's small shop. Went in to buy a Maico, but given that I was subsidized by my dad, came out with an AJS . Al was a cool guy!

Those were the days when we had motorcycle shops everywhere. Sadly, it's getting harder and harder to find a shop close by these days.
I remember Al Fox's small shop in Van Nuys. Shit I guess I use to spend a lot of time in "The Valley". hanging out at Bike shops.

Must have been in my "Delivery Days" in my van when I worked for a parcel delivery company in SoCal.
Good Times! Cool
5/24/2015 1:58pm
I worked, part time, at Al Fox's and we often rode together on the weekends either in the desert or Gorman. I was the Sachs mechanic. He was one of the good guys.

Post a reply to: CZ Shop Burbank ?

The Latest