CR125 Clutch waterpump cover

1/31/2013 8:50am
wow that looks shit ot, gota take 2 sec a lap off my time . Never mind the girls it's going to atract.
mxnick
2/3/2013 7:37pm
If I am not mistaken, all the water cooled Honda's, up through 1990 or so had this issue with decay?

It is not just the 125's?

I would think that the market for the CR 250 and 500 might be bigger than the 125's, but I am not certain. Also, I think the cases on the 250 and 500 fit more model years and had few changes than the 125 - but again, I am not 100% certain.
jtracing6
2/3/2013 11:10pm
mxnick wrote:
If I am not mistaken, all the water cooled Honda's, up through 1990 or so had this issue with decay? It is not just the 125's...
If I am not mistaken, all the water cooled Honda's, up through 1990 or so had this issue with decay?

It is not just the 125's?

I would think that the market for the CR 250 and 500 might be bigger than the 125's, but I am not certain. Also, I think the cases on the 250 and 500 fit more model years and had few changes than the 125 - but again, I am not 100% certain.
Regarding the Honda 250 & 500's. Later covers will fit and are still available from Honda. For the 125's nothing is available.
2/23/2013 3:15pm
I am halfway through my restoration.....

85 Cr125

can we get these covers yet......???

I tried contacting RB didnt get a reply

The Shop

jtracing6
2/23/2013 3:19pm
TAMBURELLO wrote:
I am halfway through my restoration.....

85 Cr125

can we get these covers yet......???

I tried contacting RB didnt get a reply
I've just sold my last two covers that were at the start of this thread.
2/23/2013 4:47pm
I was machining the prototype today and got a fair bit done, I intend to do some more work on it tomorrow, I will post up some part machined photo's also.
Will still be a whlie as there is so much work in them, but it is very much still on, just can't rush it!

Kind regards Rich
2/28/2013 5:14am
Hi Guys, starting to take a little bit of shape now. Lots still to do but just so you people can see it's moving the right way I thought I would post up!

Rich
2/28/2013 6:52am
Rich,
Looking good so far, I will be at Farleigh castle this year any chance of picking one up, will yoiu be there?
Rob
2/28/2013 8:33am
ROB SCOTT wrote:
Rich,
Looking good so far, I will be at Farleigh castle this year any chance of picking one up, will yoiu be there?
Rob
Hi Rob, I believe Farleigh Castle is not too far away from where I live so if they are all proven out to be right then I see no problem in taking one along.

Rich
newmann
3/1/2013 4:53pm
It's kinda sad how ignorant Honda is in regards to their vintage motocross bikes
It's kinda sad how ignorant Honda is about their modern motocross bikes as well. Such a miniscule piece of their pie, they can't be bothered. I filled out an order form for a grand plus of parts today and had them run the part numbers only to find out a pair of levers and lever covers were the only things available.
3/1/2013 5:51pm
Hi Guys, starting to take a little bit of shape now. Lots still to do but just so you people can see it's moving the right...
Hi Guys, starting to take a little bit of shape now. Lots still to do but just so you people can see it's moving the right way I thought I would post up!

Rich
Rich Keep up the good work !!!

its looking real good

Troy
3/3/2013 4:27pm
It's kinda sad how ignorant Honda is in regards to their vintage motocross bikes
newmann wrote:
It's kinda sad how ignorant Honda is about their modern motocross bikes as well. Such a miniscule piece of their pie, they can't be bothered. I...
It's kinda sad how ignorant Honda is about their modern motocross bikes as well. Such a miniscule piece of their pie, they can't be bothered. I filled out an order form for a grand plus of parts today and had them run the part numbers only to find out a pair of levers and lever covers were the only things available.
What bike is it?
newmann
3/3/2013 4:39pm
newmann wrote:
It's kinda sad how ignorant Honda is about their modern motocross bikes as well. Such a miniscule piece of their pie, they can't be bothered. I...
What bike is it?
1978 RC500. Laughing Actually was searching 78-79 CR250 plastics, seat and cables as they are what is used on it.
newmann
3/3/2013 4:41pm
Wasn't stating that they are dropping parts for the modern bikes, just that their modern motocross bike lineup sucks. Thank goodness for KTM!
3/28/2013 6:48pm
Hi Guys, starting to take a little bit of shape now. Lots still to do but just so you people can see it's moving the right...

Rich
Hello Rich

Can you give us an update
4/17/2013 4:02pm
Hi all, I run a small cnc engineering company in my spare time and it's pretty much bespoke motorcyle parts I make. I have received a...
Hi all, I run a small cnc engineering company in my spare time and it's pretty much bespoke motorcyle parts I make.
I have received a request from a customer to manufacture some billet aluminium clutch and waterpump covers for a 1985 CR125 to replace the heavily corroded magnesium ones he has, and was directed by the owner to this site to see if there is any more interest?
I also would be very interested to hear which years this would fit i.e. '84 and '86 etc.
So if there is any interest in these, please post here and also post any other info that may be useful.
Also we are aiming to make this from aircraft grade aluminium 6082-T6 which is a slightly stronger alloy than the 6061 spec.
It would be a new design to enable the clutch to be worked on without removing the whole cover.
The price would be kept as low as possible and is looking like £295 / $475 will be likely. Please bear in mind the cost of the aluminium billet required as it is substantial.

Kind Regards, Rich Bearcroft
Hi there, I believe that if you have the resources and will to make clutch covers for 80's Honda CR's, you will find that the demand far outstrips your production once the word is out. Every liquid cooled CR from 82 - 89 I believe, has the same corrosion problems and aluminum covers are what we need! (especially the 84 CR250) Cheers, I'm in.
sniperpat469
5/22/2013 11:49am
did any of these get built and offered for sale, 84 cr125 in need ...
jtracing6
5/22/2013 1:14pm
He seems to have gone into hiding.
5/22/2013 6:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2013 6:44pm
It would be very difficult to do them in CNC billet.......or at least not practical... there is too much detail

The 86 cover (if you can find one) will fit 84 as long as you can obtain a 86 waterpump shaft

thats the only difference....
5/23/2013 1:40am
Hi Guys, no I have not gone into hiding! I am very sorry but I am a one man business and I have my core business to run and bills to pay as well as doing these "projects".
Unfortunately (for this project) I have been overwhelmed with race engine builds so it has not enabled me to progress this project very much further yet.
However it is far from dead and all this time it has been sat on one of the machines waiting for more spare time to progress it. I have done little bits and edged it on, but not enough to shout about just yet.
I know it's not what people want to hear but it's just a case of getting some time available, hopefully now within a month's time I will be much further on with it as the engines are just starting to thin out again.
It wouldn't be a problem doing both once the covers are fully jigged and programmmed, but obviously development work is very hands on!

Kind regards Rich.
sniperpat469
6/11/2013 12:11pm
Hello ,, Just checking ,I am actually interested in the ignition cover , I got lucky and found a brand new clutch/water pump cover brand new...
jtracing6
6/11/2013 1:13pm
Hello ,, Just checking ,I am actually interested in the ignition cover , I got lucky and found a brand new clutch/water pump cover brand new...
I'm still waiting for the Honda Racing aluminium covers. You can e-mail me at keithrpalmer@yahoo.co.uk if you want to keep in touch.
7/3/2013 5:38pm
Hy all,

I'm following this topic with real interest from France. As many other owners of HONDA 125 CR from 1984 to 1986, mine has the clutch waterpump cover very damaged, leaking and i do not succeed in finding this OEM part.
So, rbengineering, please inform us about the progress of your manufacturing tests.

Thank you
quicken
7/4/2013 2:52pm
If you are still pursuing this project, I would be interested in one for a '84 CR250. I can provide a stock cover for dimensions, if needed.
soslow3091
7/7/2013 4:13am
Hi everyone
Iam haveing a very similar problem with my bikes water pump / clutch cover can't find them anywhere. But my bike is a 1985 KTM Mxc 500 and would be very interested in having you make one for me that's all the bike needs and its just sitting there all lonely like makes me sad just to look at her. Thanks
7/7/2013 2:13pm
HI guys, ok I hope to show some updates again soon, I need to reply though as I appreciate it's taking a long time and I get many emails on this project.
Unfortunately this is not so much because of any other reason than that my business is very very busy and I am the only person doing the work.
This project started out as an enquiry from a friend and has spiralled since then and I have lots of engine work gong on.
One thing I need to get across is that I only intend to machine these for the 84 & 85 cr125 at this time as that's what my has and as I have had many enquiries for other bikes I just cannot promise to get those done.
I will press on over the next few weeks and try to get the updates on here and possibly test the cover in the not too distant future.
I have already put many hours into this so please have faith as it is still sat on the machine waiting for my next spare day, it will get done and tested as soon as I get some spare time to machine the next stage.

Kind regards Rich.
soslow3091
7/7/2013 2:42pm
HI guys, ok I hope to show some updates again soon, I need to reply though as I appreciate it's taking a long time and I...
HI guys, ok I hope to show some updates again soon, I need to reply though as I appreciate it's taking a long time and I get many emails on this project.
Unfortunately this is not so much because of any other reason than that my business is very very busy and I am the only person doing the work.
This project started out as an enquiry from a friend and has spiralled since then and I have lots of engine work gong on.
One thing I need to get across is that I only intend to machine these for the 84 & 85 cr125 at this time as that's what my has and as I have had many enquiries for other bikes I just cannot promise to get those done.
I will press on over the next few weeks and try to get the updates on here and possibly test the cover in the not too distant future.
I have already put many hours into this so please have faith as it is still sat on the machine waiting for my next spare day, it will get done and tested as soon as I get some spare time to machine the next stage.

Kind regards Rich.
Well that's too bad sounds like you need some more workers lol . But any ways you are the only person I have heard of doing something like this and I think its a great thing there is a lot of bikes with this problem and I think you can make some big bucks just need to expand. Keep up the great work truly inspiring thanks anyways
slotsquid
Fantasy
3053rd
7/13/2013 12:26am
HI guys, ok I hope to show some updates again soon, I need to reply though as I appreciate it's taking a long time and I...

Kind regards Rich.
Hi Rich, I will wait, have had no luck finding a usable stock piece. We appreciate you trying to fill a need.
Howie @ HLRMoto@comcast.net ( here is the project bike I picked up that needs the cover.)

jzazella
7/13/2013 6:23pm
Too bad, solid looking bike. There has to be an easier solution out there somewhere. Honda made a ton of water coolers with mag cases, and there are still a lot of 85-88 250's and 500's running in PV classes, I see a lot less 125's the past couple of years though.

Post a reply to: CR125 Clutch waterpump cover

The Latest