Anyone remember 'Stormin' Home' tv movie?

Edited Date/Time 6/11/2021 1:03pm
Came on in 84 or 85 with Gil Gerard (star of the 80's Buck Rogers series)? I remember being excited that an mx themed tv movie was coming on-only to be disappointed by how large of a bag of shit it was lol. Gerard was a "down on his luck mx racer" who had one last shot at glory. He also had a love interest who was tired of his losing ways that he was desperate to win back. My favorite scene is his mechanic(and best friend/moral support) saying "Ive made a special expansion chamber for you to test." Gerard mounts said chamber and makes a couple laps before coming to a stop with mechanical failure. Later he is informed by his mechanic that "the chamber made too much torque... transmission couldnt handle it." Lol. Wonder how many trannys mitch payton has grenaded by making too much torque? That movie was so bad I've remembered it all these years. Spoiler alert: he wins the big race and also wins back the heart of his perm-headed 1980's girl. Stormin' home indeed!
|
6/8/2014 9:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2014 9:16pm
Heres his mechanic. Builds dammed good pipes.

Sully
6/8/2014 9:39pm
I was trying to remember the name of this crap-tastic piece of cinema a couple of months ago, but I thought it was Lee Majors, so I couldn't find it on IMDB.
evomx244
6/9/2014 2:44am
Came out in 85 made for TV movie, I still have it on Beta Yes Beta! I remember his X-wife was played by the Growing Pains Mom "Joanna Kerns"
reded
6/9/2014 4:37am
Musta watched it a couple hundred times due to it being one of the only moto movies I'd ever seen at the time. Being 11 yrs old I didn't know if it was good or bad and didn't care as long as it had something to do with motorcycles. I think it's still at my parents house on VHS and I still quote lines from it to this day.

The Shop

6/9/2014 4:51am
I remember when it came out that mxa talked about how bad it was. I think they said Brad Lackey did stunts?
barkhard696
6/9/2014 7:22am
Even though over the years I've heard how awful it was (the editorial in MOTOcross magazine: "We was robbed!"), I've always wanted to see it. We had to go out of town that weekend (IIRC it was the Sunday TV movie on CBS or something), and the folks programmed the wrong time on the VHS! So I got the first two minutes (which I think was Gil's stunt double at a race), and then static. Such a bummer. I think it was filmed at Carlsbad?

I keep looking for a bootleg on eBay so that I can FINALLY say I saw the movie I was denied 30 years ago-- it's mos def on the Bucket List. Just my humble-- but it could have been A LOT better if they had Erin Grey as the ex-wife

barkhard696
6/9/2014 7:38am
BTW, the "mechanic" is Geoffrey Lewis, sidekick in a number of Clint Eastwood movies, like "Every Which Way But Loose."

IIRC, "Stoming Home" came out in '84, part of the big push to bring MX into the mainstream (at least until the "Steaming Heap" that was "Winners Take All" came out).
reded
6/9/2014 9:37am
Even though over the years I've heard how awful it was (the editorial in MOTOcross magazine: "We was robbed!"), I've always wanted to see it. We...
Even though over the years I've heard how awful it was (the editorial in MOTOcross magazine: "We was robbed!"), I've always wanted to see it. We had to go out of town that weekend (IIRC it was the Sunday TV movie on CBS or something), and the folks programmed the wrong time on the VHS! So I got the first two minutes (which I think was Gil's stunt double at a race), and then static. Such a bummer. I think it was filmed at Carlsbad?

I keep looking for a bootleg on eBay so that I can FINALLY say I saw the movie I was denied 30 years ago-- it's mos def on the Bucket List. Just my humble-- but it could have been A LOT better if they had Erin Grey as the ex-wife

If you have access to a VCR I could send you my copy the next time I visit my parents.
barkhard696
6/9/2014 10:17am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2014 10:18am
>If you have access to a VCR I could send you my copy the next time I visit my parents.

Wow! That would be awesome! I do have a VCR, in fact one that will copy VHS to DVD. I'd be happy to pay shipping, make a copy and send it back.

I've been trying to get this movie for 30 years, so that would be killer.
6/9/2014 10:41am
Somebody needs to upload the entire film for posterity. The kind of film that if there's other people in the room you're too embarassed to look at them because of how bad it is lol.
reded
6/9/2014 12:06pm
>If you have access to a VCR I could send you my copy the next time I visit my parents. Wow! That would be awesome! I...
>If you have access to a VCR I could send you my copy the next time I visit my parents.

Wow! That would be awesome! I do have a VCR, in fact one that will copy VHS to DVD. I'd be happy to pay shipping, make a copy and send it back.

I'll call my parents tonite and see if they still have it, if so I'll try to fetch it sometime this week.
mb60
6/10/2014 7:57am
The movie was shot in the Dalas/Ft Worth area as I was about 15 at the time. The track was built inside a dirt track for cars at the time and they had alot of local riders as extras. I also have the movie somewhere on VHS and I also remember how cheesy the movie was also. LOL
reded
6/17/2014 4:50pm
>If you have access to a VCR I could send you my copy the next time I visit my parents. Wow! That would be awesome! I...

Bad news bro.....Sad

Went to my parents for Fathers Day and the tape is GONE! Pissed me off, I was looking forward to seeing it again. If you come up with a copy let me know, I'd be glad to throw some dough your way to watch it one more time.
6/17/2014 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2014 8:29pm
reded wrote:
Bad news bro.....:( Went to my parents for Fathers Day and the tape is GONE! Pissed me off, I was looking forward to seeing it again...
Bad news bro.....Sad

Went to my parents for Fathers Day and the tape is GONE! Pissed me off, I was looking forward to seeing it again. If you come up with a copy let me know, I'd be glad to throw some dough your way to watch it one more time.
Mount a camera beneath a piece of plexiglass, squat over plexiglass, and take a giant shit while filming and allowing the feces to splat onto it . Stream resulting video onto television screen, and You have just seen a better film than "Stormin' Home".
reded
6/18/2014 4:53am
Meh, you're being too critical. I always thought it was better than Winners Take All, at least he rides a real frickin bike in the race at the end.
barkhard696
6/18/2014 8:02am
>Mount a camera beneath a piece of plexiglass, squat over plexiglass, and take a giant shit while filming and allowing the feces to splat onto it . Stream resulting video onto television screen, and You have just seen a better film than "Stormin' Home".

The scatology-based review is much appreciated, but since I've never had a chance to see it, someday I'd like to be able to make judgment myself.

RedEd, appreciate you looking into it.
mb60
6/18/2014 2:59pm

reded wrote:
Bad news bro.....:( Went to my parents for Fathers Day and the tape is GONE! Pissed me off, I was looking forward to seeing it again...
Bad news bro.....Sad

Can anybody on here copy a VHS to DVD player ? I might look for my copy and let somebody borrow it for a dvd copy.

Let me know and I will look for it sometime this weekend buried in some boxes. LOL
barkhard696
6/18/2014 4:33pm
>Can anybody on here copy a VHS to DVD player ?

Yes, my VHS/DVD player does this.
6/18/2014 8:50pm
reded wrote:
Meh, you're being too critical. I always thought it was better than Winners Take All, at least he rides a real frickin bike in the race...
Meh, you're being too critical. I always thought it was better than Winners Take All, at least he rides a real frickin bike in the race at the end.
Of course im kidding. As a kid I liked it, but I even knew then it was ham-fisted and hokey. I think the blame lies at the feet of Gil Gerard. He just didnt fit my image of an mx racer. Id love to see it again. Why doesn't somebody upload it to mediafire?
6/18/2014 8:52pm
mb60 wrote:
Can anybody on here copy a VHS to DVD player ? I might look for my copy and let somebody borrow it for a dvd copy...
Can anybody on here copy a VHS to DVD player ? I might look for my copy and let somebody borrow it for a dvd copy.

Let me know and I will look for it sometime this weekend buried in some boxes. LOL
Its probably between your well worn copies of "Buttcrushers 2" and "Swedish Erotica". Smile
barkhard696
6/19/2014 6:43am
>Its probably between your well worn copies of ...

Ace, I hesitate to think of your opinion of "Brokeback Mountain" or "Godzilla" or Ang Lee's "Hulk" -- if you posted it, the directors would probably hang themselves Wink
6/19/2014 11:24am
>Its probably between your well worn copies of ... Ace, I hesitate to think of your opinion of "Brokeback Mountain" or "Godzilla" or Ang Lee's "Hulk"...

Ace, I hesitate to think of your opinion of "Brokeback Mountain" or "Godzilla" or Ang Lee's "Hulk" -- if you posted it, the directors would probably hang themselves Wink
I didnt like brokeback mt. Because it made me feel gay when I masturbated while watching it.
6/20/2014 5:43pm
I totally remember this movie . I've often wondered what the name of it was . Thank you.
eyeconvideo
6/22/2014 3:59pm
I can confirm a bunch of the posts.

I was shot in 1985 in the Dallas area. There were a couple scenes shot in my dad's pizza restaurant at the time. My brother and I were extras in the background. Watching with great anticipation, the scene was cut and we ended up on the cutting room floor. There goes my 15 minutes of fame... Smile I do remember by dad saying after the movie was over that it was a terrible movie.

Regardless, I would love to see the movie again. I'm still in the Dallas area and actually own a TV and video production company. If someone has a VHS or DVD copy of the movie, I'll be happy to transfer it digitally and upload it for everyone to watch.

Please reach out to me personally to coordinate.

I'll post the link to the this site.

Cheers!

Greg Coon
greg@eyeconvideo.om
6/23/2014 1:13am
>Its probably between your well worn copies of ... Ace, I hesitate to think of your opinion of "Brokeback Mountain" or "Godzilla" or Ang Lee's "Hulk"...

I didnt like brokeback mt. Because it made me feel gay when I masturbated while watching it.
Brilliant!

My dad got all worried because I ride Honda with pink grips.

"A honda, you sure you're not gay????"
groshon
2/11/2015 5:22am
I have looked for this movie, 6 or 7 times over the years, and never even found anything on video. No movie sites, nothing. Hard to believe in this day and age someone has not uploaded it to Youtube.
reded
2/11/2015 1:54pm
I sure wish someone could come up with a copy of this. Not even with the almighty Google can I find a copy of it to view.
barkhard696
2/13/2015 12:55pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2015 12:55pm
Yeah, it's like Sasquatch or something. I love and miss my dearly departed mom, but boy was I pissed when she mis-programmed the VCR for this. I know, I know -- the movie sucks. But it would be cool to watch it once. We've had a guy on here say he has a video production company and will make DVD copies, and the only thing that happened in response was the sound of crickets chirping.

Post a reply to: Anyone remember 'Stormin' Home' tv movie?

The Latest