Amazing site...Corley pictures...Socalmxnews.com

trick121
Edited Date/Time 2/2/2013 8:49pm
Ton of picture from Saddleback from the 1970's at socalmxnews.com

Click on the link that says SEARCH FOR RIDERS.

1200+ pictures! Here is the Link the to archive..... ARCHIVE

The search engine didn't work for me so I needed to view 20 pages of pictures.

|
bigmaico
3/16/2009 7:10am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:57pm
trick121 wrote:
Ton of picture from Saddleback from the 1970's at socalmxnews.com Click on the link that says SEARCH FOR RIDERS. 1200+ pictures! Here is the Link the...
Ton of picture from Saddleback from the 1970's at socalmxnews.com

Click on the link that says SEARCH FOR RIDERS.

1200+ pictures! Here is the Link the to archive..... ARCHIVE

The search engine didn't work for me so I needed to view 20 pages of pictures.

I tried the search & got nothing??
trick121
3/16/2009 7:45am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:57pm
Search feature works but is limited to Saddleback and Corely as the photographer. It would be nice to have the year as a search option too. I guess I am asking for too much!

I viewed the archive of 1200+ pictures and found all from Saddleback and most are from oh 1975 to 1976? I did find some from the 1981 to 1982 era.

Craze
3/16/2009 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2009 3:38pm
Wow...I recognized quite a few riders from back in the day...Scott Gillman, Bruce Baron, Todd Peterson, Terry Clanton, Hannah, Tim Tollar,John Desoto,Tim Hart,Bob Stem,Tim Zhart and even a high school buddy of mine made it in a couple of pics Id # 95, & #233...No.64
maicoman
3/17/2009 8:36am
"Val Tamietti", haven't heard that name in a long, long time!
I guess did only took pictures of the fast guys, cause there aren't any of my slow ass.

The Shop

Tom Corley
3/17/2009 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:58pm
Hello friends...I'm coming back big time. Busy archiving thousands of negatives during the '70s and '80s that I took at seven SoCal tracks. What a great interest there is in Old School Moto photographs and I've got the largest collection.

Yes, the "amazing site..." is still under construction and it is going to be really good.

trick121- Thanks for posting this topic. What kind of bike are you riding in that picture?

bigmaico- Keep searching.

Craze- Dave, what an adventure it was traveling in the '74 Dodge van to Hangtown in Plymouth and the USGP in Carlsbad.

maicoman- Val Tamietti was a great rider on a Track 'n Travel Maico...and I'm sure you are not slow.

It was all good...and it still is!

maicoman
3/17/2009 2:09pm
Thanks Tom for getting this site going. I'm going to spend way to much time looking for that cross up pictureBlush
dr516
3/17/2009 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2009 2:50pm
Yes very cool stuff saw a picture of bam Simons
bigmaico
3/17/2009 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:58pm
Tom Corley wrote:
Hello friends...I'm coming back big time. Busy archiving thousands of negatives during the '70s and '80s that I took at seven SoCal tracks. What a great...
Hello friends...I'm coming back big time. Busy archiving thousands of negatives during the '70s and '80s that I took at seven SoCal tracks. What a great interest there is in Old School Moto photographs and I've got the largest collection.

Yes, the "amazing site..." is still under construction and it is going to be really good.

trick121- Thanks for posting this topic. What kind of bike are you riding in that picture?

Craze- Dave, what an adventure it was traveling in the '74 Dodge van to Hangtown in Plymouth and the USGP in Carlsbad.

maicoman- Val Tamietti was a great rider on a Track 'n Travel Maico...and I'm sure you are not slow.

WooHoo!

Tom is here!

I'll keep looking, you took my first MX picture ever!

I had just gotten the 3rd Penton 250 in Calif & it was my 3rd or 4th race!

I wish I still had that one!

Thanks!
Craze
3/17/2009 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2009 8:52pm
Tom Corley wrote:
Hello friends...I'm coming back big time. Busy archiving thousands of negatives during the '70s and '80s that I took at seven SoCal tracks. What a great...

Oh, yeah...I remember several USGP's....always an adventure, remember when Scott and I Abducted the Bob's big boy from the trailer at carlsbad and took it home in your van?....LOL, great memories. Oh yeah, the guys from Auiburn up on the hill the night before the race...Scott's hat catching on fire, Your birthday party, .....those were some fun times.I see you have a couple of pics of your "Trick" Hodaka in there also. I didn't see any pictures of "Radical" Ron Turner in there, He was winning alot back in those days. I sent you a message on your page
mr50racer
3/17/2009 8:31pm
Tom Corley wrote:

that is an awesome collection........Pics of myerscough and AJ Whiting.....damn alot of stuff......hannah running the 100.....The national of all nationals 1980 250 at saddleback with Hannah and Howerton ram fest........crazy
Craze
3/17/2009 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2009 8:56pm
I'm sure Tom still has the "Sickest " Anaheim SX photo I ever seen, A "double" or maybe "Triple" colored exposure picture of Marty Smith
3/18/2009 12:08am
Damn,even saw a picture of Mark Murphy on a YZ80 in there. Must be from a World Mini Grand Prix ,maybe '75-'76. He was from Florida.
bigmaico
3/18/2009 5:28am
Well I've tried searching, but still can't find any thing!

So if you guy's see a fat guy on a Penton or Maico with the # R21 or a 81' Maico # 64F let me know.
DAVEFOX
3/18/2009 10:23am
I was lucky enough to find a couple of me,must be lots more, I bought several of those little viewers that Tom used to sell on the same day at the track. Great site!
Tom Corley
3/18/2009 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:59pm
Well I've got the reading glasses on and I'm sorting out negatives and looking up bike numbers...you guys are worth it!

maicoman-Find that cross-up picture.

dr516-Glad you liked the Simons shot.

bigmaico-So I took the first picture of you on the Penton 250. Let's see if I can find R21 or 64F. Just made a print for Bruce McDougal on a 2A Penton from early OCIR...he liked it.

Craze-Curt N. Doe might know something about that Big Boy. That party on the hill the night before the USGP with those NorCal riders...I believe we were sending up smoke signals. Yes I have plenty of "Radical" Ron Turner shots turning up. I used to run into him shopping for grocs at the Lucky's in Whittier. The Marty Smith image I took at Anaheim Stadium 1976 became the centerspread in Motocross Action. Rims turned into gold with a moving motion behind him. I was after something that had never been seen...working with unique synchronizations to strobe lighting...still proud of that one!

mr50racer-Thanks and glad you like what you have seen. I'm sending some of the early 6H Husky and Suzuki shots to Bob Hannah. He used to be here in Whittier along with Ron Turner.

project racer-The shot of Mark Murphy must have been from the NMA World Mini GP. Give me his bike number for my info. I still have to release some of the Bruce Bunch and Rick Hemme shots that I took for Suzuki's advertising agency. They were used for the 1982 Suzuki 80 full-floater race win ads.

DAVE FOX-Alright you found some of my work. Looks like you have a fast ride to carve around Wrightwood!

okay...back to archiving I go

anniebertmojo
3/18/2009 1:56pm
O.K... this is mega.

I just spent the last 45 min going through photos of my youth at Saddleback. I don't mind that my IRL, Grand Am, and F1 clients are on deadlines, they can wait. Thanks Tom...
bigmaico
3/18/2009 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:59pm
Tom Corley wrote:
Well I've got the reading glasses on and I'm sorting out negatives and looking up bike numbers...you guys are worth it! maicoman-Find that cross-up picture. dr516-Glad...
Well I've got the reading glasses on and I'm sorting out negatives and looking up bike numbers...you guys are worth it!

maicoman-Find that cross-up picture.

dr516-Glad you liked the Simons shot.

bigmaico-So I took the first picture of you on the Penton 250. Let's see if I can find R21 or 64F. Just made a print for Bruce McDougal on a 2A Penton from early OCIR...he liked it.

Craze-Curt N. Doe might know something about that Big Boy. That party on the hill the night before the USGP with those NorCal riders...I believe we were sending up smoke signals. Yes I have plenty of "Radical" Ron Turner shots turning up. I used to run into him shopping for grocs at the Lucky's in Whittier. The Marty Smith image I took at Anaheim Stadium 1976 became the centerspread in Motocross Action. Rims turned into gold with a moving motion behind him. I was after something that had never been seen...working with unique synchronizations to strobe lighting...still proud of that one!

mr50racer-Thanks and glad you like what you have seen. I'm sending some of the early 6H Husky and Suzuki shots to Bob Hannah. He used to be here in Whittier along with Ron Turner.

project racer-The shot of Mark Murphy must have been from the NMA World Mini GP. Give me his bike number for my info. I still have to release some of the Bruce Bunch and Rick Hemme shots that I took for Suzuki's advertising agency. They were used for the 1982 Suzuki 80 full-floater race win ads.

DAVE FOX-Alright you found some of my work. Looks like you have a fast ride to carve around Wrightwood!

okay...back to archiving I go

Tom:

That picture of me on the Penton was the very first picture ever in my Motocross career!

I think it was at Ascot or Lyons!

I still remember it to this day, front end high & me standing up over a jump. Red,Whit & blue Viking boots standing out.even thou it was a B&W Photo!
Capone35
3/18/2009 7:39pm
when will the web site be up and running ! would like to order some pictures...
3/18/2009 10:09pm
The photo of Mark Murphy is #1215. He's wearing a Yamaha of Brandon jersey on bike #15.
Tom Corley
3/19/2009 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:00pm
I'm always looking forward to hearing from everyone that I took Old School Moto photographs for. Everyday I'm writing replies. You guys show a lot of heart...

anniebertmojo-Sounds like you had a good youth at Saddleback. Wow...you have great clients...IRL, Grand Am and F1.

bigmaico-I was track photographer at Ascot for the CMC Motocross races yet never made it to Lions. Now we know where I took that jump shot of you on the Penton.

Capone35-Hang in there as the site will be up and running soon. I will let you know for sure. Lodi is where Micke Grove is and I can remember going there when I was young. Antioch is where I used to live and in the same neighborhood as Rodney Smith.

project racer-Thanks for giving me Mark Murphy's bike and photo ID numbers.

Craze
3/19/2009 4:00pm
Tom Corley wrote:
I'm always looking forward to hearing from everyone that I took Old School Moto photographs for. Everyday I'm writing replies. You guys show a lot of...
I'm always looking forward to hearing from everyone that I took Old School Moto photographs for. Everyday I'm writing replies. You guys show a lot of heart...

anniebertmojo-Sounds like you had a good youth at Saddleback. Wow...you have great clients...IRL, Grand Am and F1.

bigmaico-I was track photographer at Ascot for the CMC Motocross races yet never made it to Lions. Now we know where I took that jump shot of you on the Penton.

Capone35-Hang in there as the site will be up and running soon. I will let you know for sure. Lodi is where Micke Grove is and I can remember going there when I was young. Antioch is where I used to live and in the same neighborhood as Rodney Smith.

Tom, did you get the message I sent you?
anniebertmojo
3/19/2009 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:00pm
Tom Corley wrote:
I'm always looking forward to hearing from everyone that I took Old School Moto photographs for. Everyday I'm writing replies. You guys show a lot of...

Tom... Thank you for those nice words. I've been very lucky to work with some of the best teams in IRL, Grand Am, and F1.

From a personal level, a lot of my drive and determination in life stems from pounding laps at Saddleback and Carlsbad as a child, teenager, and into my early adult life.

(and being in the right place and right time to create opportunity)

In my eyes... a lot of us who raced back then, being in So Cal or any track USA did it because we loved the sport. We were not trying to be hero's. We raced because of the competition and the friendships we developed. Wasn't for the $, but the chance to prove yourself as a person, as a racer.

The chance to see images from the past brings back the child in all of us as adults. I want to say thank you for capturing those moments in time and bringing them back to life. And thank you for a great website.
andymoto
3/19/2009 7:24pm
Tom Corley wrote:

Lived in Antioch......you then prob knew Bob Myers, Joey Schlag. Know another few did, but can't remember another one or two along with Rodney, Bob and Joey.

Good thread and while I couldn't access the pics, It was just a blast reading the articles and forgot some of those guys that were dawg gone good..
Sondy132001
3/19/2009 9:50pm
Hi Tom good to see you ! Did you call my pops ??

S
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
3/19/2009 11:47pm
WOW! Great tread
Law 131
3/20/2009 7:49am
Cool site. I looked through most of the photos.

I ran the 250 Pro Class at Saddleback Saturday the day before the 1978 USGP at Carlsbad. What great facility. We ran 30 minute motos. I had my pro money and was out the gate by 1 pm! Unheard of in NY.

Having a brand new set of Metzlers on that track was something I’m glad I did.
Tom Corley
3/20/2009 7:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:01pm
Great I just found a never been published shot of Gaylon Mosier at Saddleback with his name on his back. That was topped by another shot of "Joker" Warren Reid with his name on his chest during early OCIR days. It sure is a big help when a rider displays his name...especially when you are archiving thousands of Old School Moto negatives.

anniebertmojo-Your drive, determination and appreciation is far greater than what most people have. You have champion blood.

andymoto-I read your profile and saw your picture. There was a bridge behind you, was that taken at Marysville? Antioch was a good town to grow up in and it's not far from Sandhill Ranch. Hope to hear you are riding again. Take care of the ticker...you show good heart buddy.

Sondy 132001-It's nice to be in touch with you too. Yes I need to give Stu a call to see how things are going. A big thanks to CMC for putting on the best motocross racing at Ascot, Irwindale, Saddleback, Carlsbad and wherever I traveled for Golden State and Trans-Cal events.

Tiki-Thank you. Bishop must be a great place to live. I bet you get plenty of exercise going hiking up the mountain trails.

Law 131-I was there at the Saddleback Saturday races and the USGP events. I haven't started archiving 1977-85 negatives from Saddleback yet. There is no problem telling who you were...LAW was on your jersey.

Craze
3/20/2009 9:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:01pm
Not one of Tom's pics...At least I don't think it is...Davey Williams & Bob Hannah....Pre-Hurricane 1975..LOL Photobucket
Law 131
3/21/2009 5:36am
Tom,

I would be interested in buying some shots from you if you have them. I remember that race well. The Saddleback clay suited me well and I was able to run at the front in each moto. There was one Californian that beat me both motos that day, Jeff Ward.

Sondra,

I gather from reading here that your family ran Saddleback. Well done. Your track was well known even in NY! That kind of facility was nowhere to be found in NY back in the day. The efficiency of track operations was impressive. Like I said, I was out the gate by 1 pm.

Post a reply to: Amazing site...Corley pictures...Socalmxnews.com

The Latest