AVDRA?

vet323
Edited Date/Time 6/21/2012 9:12am
Anyone go to any of the AVDRA races? There is one scheduled for 6/10 in Colorado, and I was wondering if they are any good. The website makes it seem as if they a a fun-first kind of organization, but I wanted to know what any of you thought.
|
azrad
5/29/2012 1:46pm
vet323 wrote:
Anyone go to any of the AVDRA races? There is one scheduled for 6/10 in Colorado, and I was wondering if they are any good. The...
Anyone go to any of the AVDRA races? There is one scheduled for 6/10 in Colorado, and I was wondering if they are any good. The website makes it seem as if they a a fun-first kind of organization, but I wanted to know what any of you thought.
AVDRA. First class race program. Owned and run by a world class axxhole. Really.
vet323
5/29/2012 4:24pm
vet323 wrote:
Anyone go to any of the AVDRA races? There is one scheduled for 6/10 in Colorado, and I was wondering if they are any good. The...
azrad wrote:
AVDRA. First class race program. Owned and run by a world class axxhole. Really.
Wow!
You joined just to say that, so it seems you feel strongly. Can you flesh this out a little? Is turn-out usually decent? Would it be worthwhile for me to bring parts/bikes to sell or trade?

I deal with many world-class a-holes on a daily basis, is this guy a particular kind of a-hole that I should be concerned about?
Greg-15
5/30/2012 8:05am
vet323 wrote:
I have been attending AVDRA events for a few years now. The AVDRA events Have been great in my opinion. There is a class for every era vintage machine and the tracks have been wide opened. Have got a lot of riding in since I bring machines to the events from all eras. There is always a modern support and a mini support for the kids. My son had ridden the mini support a few times so it can be a family thing. 100 percent trophies for all participants and usual are nice plaques prepared for the event. Give it a try. There is a very nice couple promoting the club and events and will always make sure their events run safe and are enjoyable.
cz sidepiper
6/6/2012 9:49am
I'v been riding with AVDRA in Az for a number of years. Great group here. Safe, fun tracks. Family friendly. Would highly advise blowing the dust off the old stuff and come on out!

The Shop

DirtDgr
6/11/2012 7:10am
AVDRA is good people!

I have not raced with them lately as they don't get to northern cal much.

But great people.
vet323
6/11/2012 8:30am
Ok, I went this weekend and had a great time. They are great people and everyone seemed to be having a nice time. Seemed very laid back, but ran a tight program (I also won all of my races Smile ).

I brought three bikes to sell and sold them all for what I was asking (I must not have been asking enough). Sold two of them to the promoter before I even put my signs up.

There are a lot of survivors up here in SD since our racing scene in the old days wasn't as hard core as other places, so I should be able to bring bikes every year, make some money and give some guys decent projects to get back on the track where they belong.
zaz696
6/21/2012 9:12am
AVDRA is a great club. I'm glad you had fun at the CO race, that is pretty much what they are all about . The rules follow the "spirit" of AHRMA and enforcement is fair and rare.I heard there will be some new tracks on the 2012-2013 schedule which should be fun.

Post a reply to: AVDRA?

The Latest