84 YZ 250L RADIATOR HOSE UPDATE

oldsocalmxr
Edited Date/Time 10/19/2017 12:19pm
Finally able to get the bike on the lift to get the hoses changed over. MotoHose did a great job on the hoses. The two upper hose outlets that attatch to the upper radiators were a bit too big, but cinched up enough to allow 15PSI with no leakage. I didn't want to press my luck with a 34 yr old pump and gaskets.Wink
There was an issue with the hose that attaches to the lower left radiator not being at quite the right angle, but it was close enough to work without kinking....... definitely a HUGE improvement over the stock set-up! Was great to do away with half of the hose clamps that held the old system together. A+ !!
MotoHose is aware of the install as I sent detailed pictures of everything. Posted with this are a couple so you can see the before and after.
A big thank you to MotoHose for making these replacement hoses for the old bikes!!!Cool

|
lumpy790
10/19/2017 12:19pm
I am so glad oldsociamxr agreed to test fit this model for us on his 1984 YZ for us I was skeptical on the 100% fitment. oldsociamxr is a very skilled motorcycle mechanic and was able to install them with the necessary trimming that we purposely added in order for this kit to fit from 1983 to 1989

Over time We bought the used stock hoses off eBay and we discovered that there were a coupe fitment complications after production. The stock hoses must have stretched at the top radiator fit and one of the bottom Y hoses must have been removed and reinstalled at an off angle.

We like our kits to have easy installation so because of the difficulty an average person may have with installation we decided to discontinue this model.

Post a reply to: 84 YZ 250L RADIATOR HOSE UPDATE

The Latest