83 RM250 Ohlins shock help

Whymee
11/21/2016 9:10am
I have an Ohlins shock from a 84ish RM250 I bought off of craigslist. Seems that shocks for these bikes (82/3) are rarer than hens teeth.
Sent the shock to Marpes for a rebuild/revalve/respring and he modified it to fit my 83 RM250. I am still in need for more parts for this "conversion".

Since Steve still has my stock shock I cannot answer some questions. Hope you, the Vital community can.

I just ordered a new spherical bearing for the bottom mount (and associated goodies) from Pro Pilot Suspension, so I am covered there. The prob is the upper mount. There was a VERY worn out bushing pressed in (since removed) and I am assuming a sleeve of some sorts that the bolt goes through, since I do not have the sleeve. I think I can buy the parts from McMaster Carr to make this work, IE a bushing and turn my own spacer/sleeve.

Does anybody have a pic of the upper shock mount for a 82/3 RM with an Ohlins shock?

I do not think there was a spherical bearing in there. Could be wrong on that assumption. The OD would have to be 18mm. There is no evidence of where a circlip would be held in the upper shock mount. That is why I am assuming it is a bushing / sleeve setup. It also looks like at one time there was some sort of a zerk fitting in this top mount. See pics.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue I have?

|
Whymee
11/21/2016 9:18am
Seems like pics are a PITA to upload....

Post a reply to: 83 RM250 Ohlins shock help

The Latest